Would relegation actually be bad in the long run ?

Despite that league giving me my 2 best days as a Wednesday supporter (Millennium Stadium & the Wycombe game) I'd absolutely hate to be back in that division. And I think it would take us much more than 2 seasons to bounce back this time around, especially as we'd be financially ruined (if we aren't already).

It's a no from me.

Even if we do get docked points go down I don’t think it will set us straight with EFL? We will still probably not be able to spend because of FFP. Also teams will see us as their cup final. Would be a hell of a job getting out of that league. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 hour ago, Prince said:

Like relegation is ever a positive, lower revenue and poor players. At least Nuhiu won’t look out of place. 

Parachute payments and a poo load of quality players to sell say hello. Possibly the only relegation I wouldn't really mind if there is such a thing. 

No idea what club would do with regards to ticket prices if we are relegated

So many multi year season tickets already sold based on existing pricing model. Who on earth would want to pay the current POTG prices in League One, never mind away supporters

We would certainly be further down the creek than we are now 

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Even if we do get docked points go down I don’t think it will set us straight with EFL? We will still probably not be able to spend because of FFP. Also teams will see us as their cup final. Would be a hell of a job getting out of that league. 

Sunderland being the perfect example. 

Just now, Baldrick said:

No idea what club would do with regards to ticket prices if we are relegated

So many multi year season tickets already sold based on existing pricing model. Who on earth would want to pay the current POTG prices in League One, never mind away supporters

We would certainly be further down the creek than we are now 

No one pays the current POTD prices in the championship. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Find it baffling how anyone would be okay with going down to league one and almost forgiving DC for what he would have done to the club. 

Oh I don't know, there was somebody on here yesterday saying he was happy to be paying the most expensive season ticket prices in the league. 

Some people are just weird. 

4 hours ago, S70 Owl said:

I know this sounds bad and depressing but would relegation be a bad thing in the long run ? (if we're deducted 10+ points)

would finally give us the clean slate we've needed for 2 plus years and more importantly the chairman. He need's to learn how to run a club and complete rebuild would be the lesson he needs.

out of contract players gone. all the high earners like Bannan would have to leave as they wouldn't take the step down. A new recruitment structure of dipping in to the lower league market.

How many teams have we seen in the last 10 years come from league 1 and then go on to the prem or be on the brink. Blades, Bournemouth and then theres Brentford and Bristol who are on their way.

i'd much rather take the points deduction now and go down rather then next season and sit in the bottom 6.

Apart from being a stupid idea that we see from time to time , tell me why we have to go into the 3rd to do all of the above 

Another no from me. Yes, we bounced back within 2 years the previous two times - but this required a few inspired signings (Whelan, McLean & Jones the first time, Antonio, Batth and Semedo the second) and a lot of luck or extraneous events - we only just scraped into the playoffs the first time and were helped by a court case (for rape, rather than FFP) the second.

And compare with our relegation in 2000 - 20 seasons and we're still waiting to get back. Who's to say it won't be another 20 years rather than 2 if we go down again?

Well we already pay Premier League prices for Championship football, imagine doing that for League One football. Personally I don't see us coming back up for a while if we go down. One worry I do have is I'm not sure Chansiri fully understands the implications of relegation. Not really sure what I'm basing that one but just have a feeling.

It's all very well saying some clubs have bounced back from it well but I'm not sure we would and the malaise that is around the club at the moment would only get worse. It really wouldn't do us any good at all.

I hear what the OP is saying but to me this only works if we have a suitable plan in place which it looks like we don’t as all we are doing presently is firefighting each situation that comes along.

Rather than teams who’ve gone down to League One and bounced back to the PL like Southampton, Norwich and Sheff Utd we are currently more likely to end up like Portsmouth and Bolton. That’s the main worry for me.

12 hours ago, S70 Owl said:

I know this sounds bad and depressing but would relegation be a bad thing in the long run ? (if we're deducted 10+ points)

would finally give us the clean slate we've needed for 2 plus years and more importantly the chairman. He need's to learn how to run a club and complete rebuild would be the lesson he needs.

out of contract players gone. all the high earners like Bannan would have to leave as they wouldn't take the step down. A new recruitment structure of dipping in to the lower league market.

How many teams have we seen in the last 10 years come from league 1 and then go on to the prem or be on the brink. Blades, Bournemouth and then theres Brentford and Bristol who are on their way.

i'd much rather take the points deduction now and go down rather then next season and sit in the bottom 6.

Don’t throw it in yet son, Keep yer chin up & believe!!

Edited by Yellowbelly

13 hours ago, S70 Owl said:

Can't believe you really took time to post ' would relegation be bad in the long run' and that 'the chairman needs to learn how to run a club'.

This has got to be a wind up surly right?