Sick of the - “Monk needs the summer”

Totally agree with the OP.

If he did bring in his own players, what is he going to try and do with them?

I've seen nothing since he's been here on the pitch to suggest he's trying to implement a certain way of playing.

Unless he want's us to play hit and hope to Nuhiu!

Monk is not the only problem at the club, but he's not the solution either! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Bored and tired to death of hearing ‘Monk needs the summer to rebuild’ 

- He has never built a successful team

- He spaffed 50million at boro, in absolute crap 

- He hasn’t actually achieved anything much in management before been found out

- His tactics are hoof ball & belong in a museum 

- He has not shown me one bit of encouragement to trust the guy

- His press conferences are cringeworthy 

- Fallen Out with a number of each people at each club he has been at 

- He doesn’t play his best players

- Changes formation and tactics every game

- He has brought in 3 players who look total garbage (understand only 3 games in) 

Do we really want this man to ‘rebuild Wednesday?’ 

Its the biggest summer in years - we need a plan and project - and for me Monk isn’t the man for it!!

i don’t want monk to bring all these so called players with the right attitude, then be sacked in November for been out of his depth, then be stuck with all his signing we will be back to square one!

if he does stay however and gets the chance, I’d love to be proved wrong

i understand I’ll get negged for this, but it’s a forum, and my opinion 

WAWAW

There would have been tears on here had we not signed Wickham. His name has been brought up every transfer window since he left, grown men telling Conor to “come home” 

• Like 1

Just now, BRADDO said:

Replace Monk. Fine by me. However all roads lead to DC. He is the core of the issues at the club and progress will not be made until he is gone. It's taken me a while to reach this conclusion but enough is enough. 

Defs agree - DC is currently the root cause of our current situation, which is a sad affair, after it all started so well!!! 

But I still think Monk should be getting more out of the team, and don’t think he is the man for the job at all!

still be there at St. Andrews on Saturday though - that’s the sad thing really , we must have MUGS tattooed over our foreheads 

12 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

- He has brought in 3 players who look total garbage (understand only 3 games in) 

Its the biggest summer in years - we need a plan and project - and for me Monk isn’t the man for it!!

i don’t want monk to bring all these so called players with the right attitude, then be sacked in November for been out of his depth, then be stuck with all his signing we will be back to square one!

WAWAW

so were you not encouraged at all when we were 3rd in the league at xmas?

Just now, Daryl Catpiss said:

so were you not encouraged at all when we were 3rd in the league at xmas?

The performances were still dire - and papered over the cracks, and in the so called honeymoon period. Don’t get me wrong I was still delighted to be 3rd

Over the sustained period of time I think his PPG ratio shows he is underperforming massively - and how he has handled the media is terrible

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

So, who do we replace Monk with?

that's the issue with the people who want Monk out, DC out - its not quite as simple as that and we would just continue on the roundabout of mediocracy 

at some point we have to put faith in a manager and some kind of long term strategy. Chopping and changing all of the time hasn't worked in the past so why do people think it's going to work now

If we do change manager now he is still going to have to work with Pelupessy and Nuhui (and the rest) until the end of the season anyway

Just now, SwellOwl said:

I think it is more "who would want to replace Monk?"

Exactly.

I'm in the "Monk deserves time and an opportunity to shift some of these egos/bottlers out", but I also get why fans are pointing fingers at him given current form.

But, who replaces him if that's the route we take?

Was plenty of talk around the Cowley brothers... they went to Huddersfield and they're as bad as we are! Then you've Chris Hughton, who seemingly would rather be in the dole queue than come here... Happy to hear suggestions from the "Monk out" people, as I see no clear and obvious improvement on Monk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Markowski77 said:

WAWAW

it isn't 'the biggest summer in years', that one was 3/4 and 5 years ago.

the bulk of his squad is well past it's best, and needs moving on.

several 'stars' seem to be unhappy, and not playing ball, but that's nothing new. they did that to jos before.

wednesday have 'needed players with the right attitude' for more than a couple of seasons now.

we cannot be sure what his tactics will be with a balanced squad, one not totally reliant upon fletcher playing.

as for 'changing formation and tactics every game' I hope he does, we don't want another one idea, one tactic dumpling do we?

our side is failing because fletcher isn't playing, monk is desperately trying to find an alternative, but we haven't got a half decent forward at present, so he alters tactics in that search.

now from your post you either don't know a great deal about football, or you want him out 'cos you want more needless slow build up play, I think it's the latter.

but thankfully on this occasion (though it's damaged us in the past) dc doesn't do knee jerk reaction, and monk will be here for the summer window.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Totally agree with the OP.

If he did bring in his own players, what is he going to try and do with them?

I've seen nothing since he's been here on the pitch to suggest he's trying to implement a certain way of playing.

Unless he want's us to play hit and hope to Nuhiu!

Monk is not the only problem at the club, but he's not the solution either! 

IF he brings his 'own players in' how will nuhiu be playing?

17 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

The performances were still dire - and papered over the cracks, and in the so called honeymoon period. Don’t get me wrong I was still delighted to be 3rd

Over the sustained period of time I think his PPG ratio shows he is underperforming massively - and how he has handled the media is terrible

So when you say paper over the cracks he was getting them to achieve better than they were?  Which leads us to the point that we are at best a mid table squad, which most people on OT said at the start of the season 

Thst being the case difficult to see how you come to the conclusion he is underperforming massively.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

who the f*** do you think could get this squad into 3rd. hole?

• Like 2