Summer clear out...but then what?

There's plenty of talent out there at good ages and wouldn't cost the earth. 

Just looking round  off the top of my head

James Bree, Eliot Moore defensively both young and potential to push on

Izzy brown, Alex mowatt, Connor chaplin, Courtney senior, the same for midfield 

Likes of Jack colback out of contract in the summer too

Up top, Kachunga and Danny Ward always been handfuls, 

There is talent out there that would improve us, add youthfulness and not cost the earth

• Like 1

On 17/02/2020 at 21:33, LondonOwl313 said:

Tbh I think we should forget Utd because they’re pretty unique in terms of how they’ve done things.. what they’re achieving (League 1 to Europe in 3 seasons) is up there with Leicester winning the league a few years ago. It’s not really something we can hold up as a blue print as the right way of doing things because it’s a one off

I agree Utd’s rise is pretty unique in that they achieved it on a relative shoestring, however the spectacular rise of RB Leipzig  demonstrates what can be achieved when wealthy owners have a coherent plan and stick to it. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51475532

• Like 1

On 17/02/2020 at 21:33, Animis said:

he moved into many decent positions for his team mates to pass to - whether wilder saw this in him or it was just a punt with little risk who knows. It certainly paid off though.

to be honest thought he was coming back here...not my cup of tea but miles more mobile and can score than our plan b...Nuhui

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

One thing that does worry me is how Monk seems to rate people like Pessy and Nuhiu. These 2 should never be starting games for us, simple as that. I just hope this isn’t the type of player Monk likes and what he will be looking for in the summer. 

What makes you think he “likes” them?

Maybe he thinks he needs a targetman and feels Winnall and Rhodes can’t do it, leaving Nuhiu as the only option.

Likewise, if it’s Joey or Hunt he’s not exactly spoilt for choice.

1 hour ago, FinnishOwl said:

Maybe Joey and Nuhiu are players who listen to the manager and do exactly what they are told, and that's why he selects them. Could be as simple as that.

Dread to think how poor Pessy would be if he didn’t do what he was told! We don’t want a team just full of yes men 

17 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

One thing that does worry me is how Monk seems to rate people like Pessy and Nuhiu. These 2 should never be starting games for us, simple as that. I just hope this isn’t the type of player Monk likes and what he will be looking for in the summer. 

I`ve been thinking the exact same thing.