Westwood statement

26 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I see. And I guess that youre happy to take a stand - even though since Christmas weve W1 D2 L7 and conceded 18?

You don't think he should change anything? Or should he just make wholesale changes to all 10 other positions (as he has?)

A very difficult situation and if @Bulgaria post is correct ( and tbf I can see it that way more or less ) then what can Monk do?

This club seems to be having about 4 serious issues on going at the moment, the whole place stinks!

16 minutes ago, PriceAPP said:

Yes, lots of questions.

New ones due to the fact that, despite a lengthy tweet, Westwood has basically told us nowt. . .

He's addressing one issue. That he wants the trolling, bullying, rumour mongering to stop as it can effect people in a negative way.  I would suggest that's a reasonable request. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Agree. Why is he not training with the squad and sent to the U 23s if he is being a good professional, if only to help the other keepers?

“Just trying to do my job”

hmmm....

Plus, rumours tend to stop when the truth is told but get fired up more when the issue is skirted.

10 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

It's a 'possibility' however the burning question would be why, a club who was not in a particularly good state financially would offer one of it's highest earners a new contract.

Was he totally out of contract? At the time of renewals there weren't sanctions impending, maybe we thought we'd got away with it and could carry on regardless, only for the poo to hit the fan in November. Perhaps therefore we could argue that the EFL have allowed us to get into a position whereby we now have more high earners than we otherwise would have had if they'd charged us in a timely manner in the summer, before we renewed contracts?

9 hours ago, 83owl said:

Why than would you not have that player on the bench? No appearance fee and a known quality replacement should an injury occur.

Good question.

9 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

This imo is what's happened..

Westwood injured his shoulder I believe before Xmas... Monk wanted him playing and thought he should be available.

Westwood had Xmas off, to monks anger, then when he returned, told Westwood what he thought and told him Dawson was now the number one. This has pissed off Westwood and Hutchinson chimed in.

Monk doesn't want them dictating things.

I agree with Monk.

image.jpeg.59808695dae22f966839cfcf890e835a.jpeg

• Haha 2

Not read the full thread, so might be going over old ground here, but to me the most likely scenario seems to be this:

After some below par performances Hutch and Westwood get dropped and subsequently go apeshit. 

Monk then realises that you've either got to start them every week, or have them nowhere near the squad. At this point in their careers, he thinks he can't guarantee that, so he pulls the trigger on both of them. That would seem to be consistent with Monk's quotes and Westwood's.

The problem comes when you've only got Pelupessy and, to a lesser extent, Dawson as replacements.

One thing that's telling about Westwood's behaviour since the Jos days, is that for all his talk about his own mental health, he's never once had any words of encouragement for Cam Dawson.

I get that's he's in direct competition, but you often see good camaraderie between the starting and sub keepers at a club. You would think a guy at the tail end of a good career might want to encourage his obvious successor, but I've seen zero evidence of that. Not even a "by the way, lay off the dogs abuse for Dawson too..."

This fuels the idea that he's not the best person to have around when he's been dropped.

(For what it's worth, I'd start them both every week!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Not read the full thread, so might be going over old ground here, but to me the most likely scenario seems to be this:

After some below par performances Hutch and Westwood get dropped and subsequently go apeshit. 

Monk then realises that you've either got to start them every week, or have them nowhere near the squad. At this point in their careers, he thinks he can't guarantee that, so he pulls the trigger on both of them. That would seem to be consistent with Monk's quotes and Westwood's.

The problem comes when you've only got Pelupessy and, to a lesser extent, Dawson as replacements.

One thing that's telling about Westwood's behaviour since the Jos days, is that for all his talk about his own mental health, he's never once had any words of encouragement for Cam Dawson.

I get that's he's in direct competition, but you often see good camaraderie between the starting and sub keepers at a club. You would think a guy at the tail end of a good career might want to encourage his obvious successor, but I've seen zero evidence of that. Not even a "by the way, lay off the dogs abuse for Dawson too..."

This fuels the idea that he's not the best person to have around when he's been dropped.

(For what it's worth, I'd start them both every week!)

Or they are both victims of alien abduction and Monk the Merciless is trying to hide that fact because he is hand in claw with the Lizard people. Your guess is as good as mine since no one knows what the truth is. Still its passes some time.

2 hours ago, fatbloke said:

Read again 

Which bit?

This was your post:

Just seen and spoken to in hotel in Chester, to quote deal done to play for Huddersfield sat ,eleventh hour Wednesday decided they wanted a fee and scuppered deal ,says he only signed new contract because of Bruce!

On 18/02/2020 at 18:54, Bulgaria said:

Do you know I am incorrect?

If so, please enlighten us.

I know Garry Monk as his mum is a pro in Lewisham I used to frequent. He said the reason they've been banished is they couldn't stop gobbling on each others knobs long enough to listen to his tactical lessons.

Cast iron proof

• Haha 2