2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

well he has and it was highlighted at least 3 times in posts in here. He’s given a clear explanation of why he isnt playing if people are calling him a liar. Say it. Don’t skirt around it. 

Not really. 

It doesn't exactly chime with what Monk said a few days ago. 

Two sides looking out for themselves. That's pretty much what is going on here imo. 

• Agree 1

I summise that if Pudil hadn’t got married, we’d still be in the top 6.

Is that what we’re saying?

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

well he has and it was highlighted at least 3 times in posts in here. He’s given a clear explanation of why he isnt playing if people are calling him a liar. Say it. Don’t skirt around it. 

Jesus Christ.

Ok. I think you are going to have to do this very slowly because I am clearly missing it.

please clearly explain to me, why Westwood isn’t playing?

• Like 1

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Jesus Christ.

Ok. I think you are going to have to do this very slowly because I am clearly missing it.

Because he teabagged Monk whilst Hutchinson watched. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Jesus Christ.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/south-yorkshire/sheffield.html

Just saying

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I summise that if Pudil hadn’t got married, we’d still be in the top 6.

Is that what we’re saying?

No. 

If Carlos didn't shag Pudil's Mrs before the play off final we'd be in the Premier League now. 

FFS 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cowl said:

Not just for the sake of it though if it was to try to arrange a transfer in January.

If Monk's told him he's not in his plans, then surely it could be argued that if Westwood said he's rolling his sleeves up to fight for his place anyway, then it would only increase the pressure on Monk to pick him should Dawson's dip in form continue.

You may be right, but he didn't release this statement in January did he?

Maybe there was a transfer which fell through in January. But do you really think that Monk's man management skills are so non existent, that after that transfer fell through, he was still refusing to pick Westwood EVER just for the sake of it?

Wait, so Carlos boned Pudil's missus? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

No. 

If Carlos didn't shag Pudil's Mrs before the play off final we'd be in the Premier League Inn now. 

FFS 

• Haha 4

Sheffield Wednesday increasingly becoming like an episode of Skins...or perhaps more like the flipping Inbetweeners. 

43 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The question I do have is that if Monk simply rates Dawson higher than Westwood and it is 100% a footballing decision why would Westwood not say so if you are going to the trouble of making a statement?

So what you're asking is why the exact phrasing of “it is 100% a footballing decision” wasn't used?

To me, he very much is saying that he considers it to have been a footballing decision made by Monk.

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Jesus Christ.

so he states there the manager made a decision and he accepted it. Is there in black and white, he says no fall out, he left the chat on good terms after discussing it. 

so the only thing I can assume from your stance is your saying he’s telling porkies?

or what is your point?  

5C7CB8BD-EEF0-46D7-8078-740FFAE62CF4.jpeg

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Why hasn't he blamed DC every other fooooker has.

lol

Yeah, weird that.

What has been happening on the pitch since Xmas has nothing to do with DC

His chosen manager for the season fuckedoff. Slim pickings left to pick from and they couldn't have a pre season.

He's given  previous managers every financial help they asked for and more.

This at the moment is a player/manager problem and they have to sort it.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why would he like it there , so he doesn’t play in the winter is that what you are trying to say ? Bizarre 

Has Christmas off every year in a country where it’s busiest time of year, or play in a league where there’s no games over Christmas. 

Just now, RichieB said:

No. 

If Carlos didn't shag Pudil's Mrs before the play off final we'd be in the Premier League now. 

FFS 

I’m lost now.

I’m going to have to wait for the usual Owls Talk experts to explain it all to me.

Including which one of the 53 variants Hutch may or may not be guilty of.

According to the rumours, he’s thumped everyone at the club, including Monk, and all club staff. Also feigned injuries. Doesn’t want to train, etc. etc. etc.

Now I’m no Einstein, but I’m erring on the side of some of these rumours being untrue.

For one, I can’t see how an unfit man can bang out that many people unless his name is Gary Madine.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

You may be right, but he didn't release this statement in January did he?

Maybe there was a transfer which fell through in January. But do you really think that Monk's man management skills are so non existent, that after that transfer fell through, he was still refusing to pick Westwood EVER just for the sake of it?

So, you're saying you think Westwood is refusing to be picked?

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

So Monk doesn't deserve to be slated for deciding that our most experienced keeper should play no part?

All I'm saying is that Westwood has released a very well worded statement that gives us no detail of what has actually happened and why he isn't in Monk's plans, whilst at the same time putting the spin on it that fault lies firmly with Monk.

• Agree 6

Let this be a lesson to you @HirstWhoScoredIt

If you're gonna post a lengthy cryptic post you're gonna spend the next 10 pages explaining it

2 minutes ago, andytrig said:

All I'm saying is that Westwood has released a very well worded statement that gives us no detail of what has actually happened and why he isn't in Monk's plans, whilst at the same time putting the spin on it that fault lies firmly with Monk.

Pretty much. 

We are no closer to really knowing what has gone on. 

It doesn't really match up with what Monk was saying a few days ago, but then no one would expect it do so. 

Think this all very much a case of people looking out for themselves and trying to not harm their own reputation. 

Ultimately, it is Sheffield Wednesday who will pay the price for this mess. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Agree 4