Monk / Out of contract players

Sitting on the fence a bit here, for me it's a 50/50 split between getting rid of the manager or keeping him on and letting him sort the squad out in the summer.

Assuming Fox signs a new deal, there's quite a few out of contract. Things aren't good at the minute, but Monk isn't a bad manager, he did well at Brum and Swansea. Is it worthwhile seeing the season out and let him have a clearout in the summer? It would be a totally new-look squad next season.

My worry with a new manager is we get the new manager bounce, Hutch and Westwood come back in, earn new contracts and we'll be stuck in the same cycle from the last 2/3 years.

Out of contract

Rhodes

Fletcher

Forestieri

Hutchinson

Pelupessy

Winnall

Lee

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Sitting on the fence a bit here, for me it's a 50/50 split between getting rid of the manager or keeping him on and letting him sort the squad out in the summer.

Assuming Fox signs a new deal, there's quite a few out of contract. Things aren't good at the minute, but Monk isn't a bad manager, he did well at Brum and Swansea. Is it worthwhile seeing the season out and let him have a clearout in the summer? It would be a totally new-look squad next season.

My worry with a new manager is we get the new manager bounce, Hutch and Westwood come back in, earn new contracts and we'll be stuck in the same cycle from the last 2/3 years.

Out of contract

Rhodes

Fletcher

Forestieri

Hutchinson

Pelupessy

Winnall

Lee

Thought there was even more out of contract. Albeit some fringe players.

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Out of contract

Rhodes

Fletcher

Forestieri

Hutchinson

Pelupessy

Winnall

Lee

Unfortunately Rhodes still has another year.

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Monk isn't a bad manager, he did well at Brum and Swansea.

At Brum.. he did well initially (honeymoon?) but within a year he was gone, ending his time with a run of 2 wins in 12 games (sound familiar?)
Swansea, 18 months.. ending with a run of 1 win in 12..

He manages to have small decent runs, but very quickly produces absolute garbage, just as he's doing here.

I've seen very little actual evidence of him NOT being a bad manager.

The summer is vital and i don't trust him as capable of getting it right at all.

38 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Until we have new owners, I can’t see the cycle ending.  We would have to fall lucky with the right manager who is able to wheel and deal to build a team. It could happen, but I have no faith in the current regime to oversee it. 

Agree 100%. either a new owner or the owner puts a team in place (and a proper team, not some half baked DC scheme) to plan and oversea this, whatsmore, this team needs putting in place now, not the 29th August. Otherwise it will end in more tears 

If we let them all go, then the only players we'll have who aren't defenders or keepers are:
Bannan, Luongo, Harris, Reach and Rhodes.

That seems like suicide. We'll be held to ransom by every club we talk to because we've got to sign so many players.

I'd keep Fletch for another year, especially as he and Rhodes seemed to be starting a decent partnership. It also means the price of any forward we go for won't instantly double as we're not completely desperate.

I'd also give Nando another year. He still looks lively now he's back fit, and gives us a good option off the wing or as a number 10.
Morgan Fox also very much deserves a new deal, I'm a bit disappointed that it hasn't already been sorted out.. but that's Monk for you.
Presumably looking to ship out Westwood and van Aken too.

Keeping Nando and Fletch means we still need to sign a striker, a right winger and 2 center mids, as a minimum, probably another centerback too.

• Like 1

Club needs to let Monk bring in some backroom staff and assure him he will sill be here next season or fire him now.
I suspect we will soon have the Monk has left by 'Mutual Consent' type statement.

Even though I don't 100% blame Monk for the current form we cant carry on with recent performances which are way below acceptable for too much longer without something happening. 

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

At Brum.. he did well initially (honeymoon?) but within a year he was gone, ending his time with a run of 2 wins in 12 games (sound familiar?)
Swansea, 18 months.. ending with a run of 1 win in 12..

He manages to have small decent runs, but very quickly produces absolute garbage, just as he's doing here.

I've seen very little actual evidence of him NOT being a bad manager.

The summer is vital and i don't trust him as capable of getting it right at all.

Plus at Leeds they were in 6th place in March, 11 points clear of 7th & with a decent shout of automatic promotion. They went into freefall in the last 8 matches & finished 7th.

He clearly isn't capable of rectifying a poor run of form.

Edited by mogbad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

They all need to go, 99.9% of this team needs to go, followed by manager and Chansiri.

Ps Rhodes has another year, need to look at letting him go if Chansiri can manage that without cocking it up.

Good idea...we could have a social club to go to instead of football and maybe start a cricket club for the summer months.

2 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Until we have new owners, I can’t see the cycle ending.  We would have to fall lucky with the right manager who is able to wheel and deal to build a team. It could happen, but I have no faith in the current regime to oversee it. 

They did alright with Back Stabber Bruce.

This would have been a totally different season