As fans what can we do

3 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I think it will, unfortunately.

He bought us for £37.5M, I believe? Then a few tens of millions on top of that in transfers and wages. He probably needs £100M to walk away with some degree of pride. 

A successful businessman would never cut their losses... 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, heppers said:

really? The ground is owned by a third party. The squad is aging with under performers on long term contracts. We are unprofitable.

But other than that, a great prospect.

.a club like ours at a realistic price with no debt would be a good buy ……. when they got took over Leicester and Southampton were in the 3rd division and very unprofitable , how crap the players are doesn't matter as they can be replaced very quickly  …..bornmuff were on there knees when they got bought out and they seem to have been a good buy …...even bog roll over at the lane who didn't have a pot to pee in when he bought in is now coining it in …….this bloke we have now was only one game away from hitting the big time so we certainly have the potential with the right owners in charge . 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

.a club like ours at a realistic price with no debt would be a good buy ……. when they got took over Leicester and Southampton were in the 3rd division and very unprofitable , how crap the players are doesn't matter as they can be replaced very quickly  …..bornmuff were on there knees when they got bought out and they seem to have been a good buy …...even bog roll over at the lane who didn't have a pot to pee in when he bought in is now coining it in …….this bloke we have now was only one game away from hitting the big time so we certainly have the potential with the right owners in charge . 

What about Bolton, long term premier league club in a one club town? 

I'm afraid we're as likely to be them as we are Leicester, perhaps more so considered we've already had and spent our Mandaric Lifeline.

Don't forget we were nearly full on wound up - shut down, no longer in existence as the same club - and that was even with the real estate asset of Hillsborough in our possession. Without it, what exactly is our value?

The whole reason we originally left the L*ne was to own our own ground and thus make our own money. The chairman has basically undone the very thing that made us a great football club in the first place. I'm sorry to say. 

6 minutes ago, cbirks said:

What about Bolton, long term premier league club in a one club town? 

I'm afraid we're as likely to be them as we are Leicester, perhaps more so considered we've already had and spent our Mandaric Lifeline.

Don't forget we were nearly full on wound up - shut down, no longer in existence as the same club - and that was even with the real estate asset of Hillsborough in our possession. Without it, what exactly is our value?

The whole reason we originally left the L*ne was to own our own ground and thus make our own money. The chairman has basically undone the very thing that made us a great football club in the first place. I'm sorry to say. 

Bolton had debts of over a 100 million ...we as far as I know we don't have any debts …..jeez if chansiri get to within 1 game of reaching the prem just imagine what someone who knew what he was  doing could do …….

Edited by torryowl
  • Thanks 1

To be honest I’ve lost all interest. I go because I always have, but it was a huge effort on Saturday. And shock horror another awful performance.

The atmosphere at Hillsborough is the worst I’ve ever seen it. The players look terrified. The manager has lost the dressing room. And the chairman, well don’t get me started. 

We are sleepwalking to League One. I genuinely believe that. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cbirks said:

I'm sorry but that's not true. When you buy a house, does it remain the property of the previous owner? Even if you rent it back to them? It does not; it's your house. 

This is what has happened with Hillsborough. It was our home, and we sold it to someone else. And I agree with the sentiment 'who's going to buy a club with no home.' That's why I think we're in real trouble. 

I understand what you are saying. But it's like trying to sell your house without the roof on it. It's not going to be brought.

Of all the things going on to worry bout with us now. Must admit this concerns me the least.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

.we'd be a good buy for new owners  as we have no debt,(I hope) some more of the deadwood will be gone in 4 months and they can start from scratch …...the realistic price though could be a problem .

I agree that if our EFL punishment is resolved within this season and we are still in the championship for next season I don’t think we are that hopeless. 

If Chansiri put us up for sale I don’t think we’d be as unattractive as some are predicting 

56 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Bolton had debts of over a 100 million ...we as far as I know we don't have any debts …..jeez if chansiri get to within 1 game of reaching the prem just imagine what someone who knew what he was  doing could do …….

No idea why you think Wednesday have no debts.

The debts of SWFC were £77.7m in July 2018...which was an increase of £40m from the previous year.

That was +18 months ago so safe to assume that they are comfortably past the £100m by now.

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Are they happy in defeat?

Have they given up? 

Effort in training? 

Everything we don't see

Are they unhappy about by crap coaching sessions?

Are they frustrated by poor fitness ?

Have they pointed out poor tactics?

I've no idea, but neither do you.

5 hours ago, tashton said:

Seriously... People have boycotted games, which I understand but it's made no difference . People are saying boycott man city game but he will get his TV money anyway.  Fans show anger at games, again understandable but Mr chansiri is not even in the country to see it. It feels like we are powerless.  The club is sliding down the division with s real possibility of division one football next season and the chairman is nowhere to be seen and players look like they have given up.  Bystanders is what we are

Wait til DC comes back off his holiday. Pester him endlessly into having a fan's forum, I think we are due one under EFL rules.

Atthe forum, once we have established that he has no masterplan, bombard him with awkward question after awkwad question until he bangs the table, takes his voice up an octave or two and tells us he is going to sell the club. We then present him with a leaving present, thank him for his efforts and point out gently that football is a bit different to fishing and that, to use a fishing term, he is out of his flipping depth!

5 hours ago, tashton said:

Seriously... People have boycotted games, which I understand but it's made no difference . People are saying boycott man city game but he will get his TV money anyway.  Fans show anger at games, again understandable but Mr chansiri is not even in the country to see it. It feels like we are powerless.  The club is sliding down the division with s real possibility of division one football next season and the chairman is nowhere to be seen and players look like they have given up.  Bystanders is what we are

We could spray his big rival's name over DC's parking spot and get somebody to change the locks! That should get him in the mood. Get the U23s all to have a dump in his toilet and leave it all piled up there to ripen the air, turn his radiators off, lower his chair and stick a bogey on the adjusting wheel, put a smoked kipper on his lamp light bulb put those joke sugar cubes in his sugar bowl, the ones with plastic flies inside, wire up his buzzer button to reception so it makes his eyes light up and put a whoopee cushion under his proper cushion on his office chair. I'll go down to Redgates in the morning, they'll have most of what we need.

5 hours ago, McRightSide said:

My post wasn’t relating to changing managers, just that I’m not going to take Monk’s word as gospel when it comes to Westwood and Hutchinson.

For all we know he could have been completely unreasonable and they were the only two to speak out against him.

Not saying that is what happened, but right now I don’t have any more reason to believe Monk over anyone else.

Do you really believe that when other managers have done the same to these players...it seems if certain players don’t get what they want they cause a ruckus, seems Jos and Monk were the ones to try and stamp it out regardless, they’re screwing our club over and cashing in on their salaries. 

If if it was any other business if an employee is causing grief they’d get sacked.

Its about chansiri stood up to the issues that are causing this rotten core within the club.  

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Are they unhappy about by crap coaching sessions?

Are they frustrated by poor fitness ?

Have they pointed out poor tactics?

I've no idea, but neither do you.

Bridges have been burned. Which is never a good thing. 

Accepting what a manager asks and applying yourself to the best of your abilities, is the minimum us fans deserve.

Surely they can't be?

6 hours ago, BrucieBonus said:

Do you really believe that when other managers have done the same to these players...it seems if certain players don’t get what they want they cause a ruckus, seems Jos and Monk were the ones to try and stamp it out regardless, they’re screwing our club over and cashing in on their salaries. 

If if it was any other business if an employee is causing grief they’d get sacked.

Its about chansiri stood up to the issues that are causing this rotten core within the club.  

This isn’t any other business though is it.

This is football where people are on limited term contracts and the aim of the game is to get as many points as possible.

This isn’t like wedgieing your apprentice by the water cooler

7 hours ago, kobayashi said:

No idea why you think Wednesday have no debts.

The debts of SWFC were £77.7m in July 2018...which was an increase of £40m from the previous year.

That was +18 months ago so safe to assume that they are comfortably past the £100m by now.

Who are the debts to ?.....I was under the impression he was the one funding the club.....