As fans what can we do

31 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

According to recent press some Arab prince or other was sniffing around them. Don't think it's a shortage of interested buyers, more a case of Ashley's asking price.

And I am sure if we were for sale at a realistic price we would have people that wanted us aswell.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I think it will, unfortunately.

He bought us for £37.5M, I believe? Then a few tens of millions on top of that in transfers and wages. He probably needs £100M to walk away with some degree of pride. 

Let's not forget he also owns our stadium, so he'll still have that on us even when/if he sells. If he gets sour he will squeeze us to death with rent or - who knows - just sell the land. Anything could happen to Hillsborough. 

13 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

And I am sure if we were for sale at a realistic price we would have people that wanted us aswell.

.we'd be a good buy for new owners  as we have no debt,(I hope) some more of the deadwood will be gone in 4 months and they can start from scratch …...the realistic price though could be a problem .

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

That’s hardly a ringing endorsement of his judgement

Two managers having rhe same issues with the same players can't be coincidence.

And, yes I know Bruce didn't have an issue in the 18 matches he could be arsed to hang around for.

27 minutes ago, cbirks said:

Let's not forget he also owns our stadium, so he'll still have that on us even when/if he sells. If he gets sour he will squeeze us to death with rent or - who knows - just sell the land. Anything could happen to Hillsborough. 

you'd have to doubt that anyone would buy the club without the ground or at least secure a long term  water tight lease with a guaranteed rental agreement ……...

2 hours ago, nilsson said:

Just heard the Newcastle fans singing ‘get out of our club’ during the Arsenal game and wondered if these sort of chants will start at Wednesday soon

They've been singing that for months and months, but still turn up every week. Don't know what fans can do tbh, if anything!

He bought us for £37.5M, I believe? Then a few tens of millions on top of that in transfers and wages. He probably needs £100M to walk away with some degree of pride. 

Surely the sale of the ground has now complicated issues. How would it work.

If Chansiri walked away from SWFC, the best way he could recoup his money is he could give us our marching orders and redevelop Hillsborough as a high end apartment complex.

Plus the £60 million for the ground!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you'd have to doubt that anyone would buy the club without the ground or at least secure a long term  water tight lease with a guaranteed rental agreement ……...

But they're no longer the same legal entity. When Chansiri sold Hillsborough to himself, in terms of Sheffield Wednesday it might as well have been sold to anyone anywhere. The club now have nothing to do with ownership of Hillsborough, it is effectively a coincidence that the ground and club are owned by the same person. 

If anyone buys the club, Hillsborough having anything to with it is entirely down to Chansiri's personal discretion. For a buyer to mention Hillsborough in a deal would be, essentially, asking for an unrelated home that Chansiri owns to be on the table. 

The very best a buyer could hope for is some sort of long term rental agreement, and I think we can all see how that will be the straw that breaks our back. 

Obviously, if Chansiri is benevolent - and honours the spirit rather than the reality of the sale - then brilliant. Otherwise, the only buyer good enough us would be one willing to buy Hillsborough as well as the club. That's some buyer... 

Edited by cbirks

40 minutes ago, torryowl said:

.we'd be a good buy for new owners  as we have no debt,(I hope) some more of the deadwood will be gone in 4 months and they can start from scratch …...the realistic price though could be a problem .

really? The ground is owned by a third party. The squad is aging with under performers on long term contracts. We are unprofitable.

But other than that, a great prospect.

5 minutes ago, cbirks said:

But they're no longer the same legal entity. When Chansiri sold Hillsborough to himself, in terms of Sheffield Wednesday it might as well have been sold to anyone anywhere. The club now have nothing to do with ownership of Hillsborough, it is effectively a coincidence that the ground and club are owned by the same person. 

If anyone buys the club, Hillsborough having anything to with it is entirely down to Chansiri's personal discretion. For a buyer to mention Hillsborough in a deal would be, essentially, asking for an unrelated home that Chansiri owns to be on the table. 

The very best a buyer could hope for is some sort of long term rental agreement, and I think we can all see how that will be the straw that breaks our back. 

Obviously, if Chansiri is benevolent - and honours the spirit rather than the reality of the sale - then brilliant. Otherwise, the only buyer good enough us would be one willing to buy Hillsborough as well as the club. That's some buyer... 

It will come as one. It's not some unrelated home that Chansiri owns is it. It is the home of Sheffield Wednesday football club. 

Any deal he does will include the transfer of the ground to the new owners in the deal. Or who is going to buy a Football Club with no where to play home matches.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

It will come as one. It's not some unrelated home that Chansiri owns is it. It is the home of Sheffield Wednesday football club. 

Any deal he does will include the transfer of the ground to the new owners in the deal. Or who is going to buy a Football Club with no where to play home matches.

I'm sorry but that's not true. When you buy a house, does it remain the property of the previous owner? Even if you rent it back to them? It does not; it's your house. 

This is what has happened with Hillsborough. It was our home, and we sold it to someone else. And I agree with the sentiment 'who's going to buy a club with no home.' That's why I think we're in real trouble. 

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Unlike Bruce?

I agree mate tbh....

So the options are what?

Carlos back cos he loves us?

Bullen in for 3 weeks..cos he loves us?

Megson..unfinished loves us business?

Warnock...cos he hates us?

Its got to be an upcoming manager who's got a hide like a f.ookin' buffalo and can throw chairs about 

Joey Barton ????

• Like 1