As fans what can we do

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

I suppose we can choose to believe Monk or not. 

If the attitude or character of Westwood and Hutchinson is in question. Then, it is total disrespect to the players on the pitch, to chant their names. 

There's no point in doing it. They're gone for the time being. 

If there's an ounce of truth in it, people should turn on the players, stop treating them like gods, they're soaking up all our hard earned cash and don't have the integrity to act like a professional footballer.

I chanted for them during jos rein , but surely 2 managers cant be wrong. So i wont be singing there names again . Id hope that monk n hutch would clear the air but not going to happen both too mentally stuborn which will cost them both long term. 

People still confuse and always have confused frustration venting on Owlstalk with protest or desire to protest.

Owlstalk is a medium (the best there is ) for getting your frustrations out. I've used it for 20 years, and not sure I could still follow our team without it.

It's better than booing, it's better than kicking the cat, it stops you getting bitter and reminds you being an Owl is ultimately funny.

The drop in season ticket sales for next season is as clear a message that DC needs. He'll be in no doubt his performance has been unacceptable.

27 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Bugger all. 

Is there not quite a few examples of fans who’ve forced owners out?

Wednesday with Dave Allen, Leeds with Ken Bates, Liverpool with Hicks and Gillett, Sunderland with Ellis Short.

West Ham, Newcastle and Manchester United another three clubs where fans are currently trying to force a change in ownership 

42 minutes ago, tashton said:

Seriously... People have boycotted games, which I understand but it's made no difference . People are saying boycott man city game but he will get his TV money anyway.  Fans show anger at games, again understandable but Mr chansiri is not even in the country to see it. It feels like we are powerless.  The club is sliding down the division with s real possibility of division one football next season and the chairman is nowhere to be seen and players look like they have given up.  Bystanders is what we are

Argue the To$$ with each other as we always do? :laugh:

24 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Unlike Bruce?

I agree mate tbh....

So the options are what?

Carlos back cos he loves us?

Bullen in for 3 weeks..cos he loves us?

Megson..unfinished loves us business?

Warnock...cos he hates us?

Its got to be an upcoming manager who's got a hide like a f.ookin' buffalo and can throw chairs about 

The problem is - could you see people like Megson and Colin working for Chansiri ?

14 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Is there not quite a few examples of fans who’ve forced owners out?

Wednesday with Dave Allen, Leeds with Ken Bates, Liverpool with Hicks and Gillett, Sunderland with Ellis Short.

West Ham, Newcastle and Manchester United another three clubs where fans are currently trying to force a change in ownership 

The day Dave Allen left was a great day.

45 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I suppose we can choose to believe Monk or not. 

If the attitude or character of Westwood and Hutchinson is in question. Then, it is total disrespect to the players on the pitch, to chant their names. 

There's no point in doing it. They're gone for the time being. 

If there's an ounce of truth in it, people should turn on the players, stop treating them like gods, they're soaking up all our hard earned cash and don't have the integrity to act like a professional footballer.

If there's an ounce of truth in what?

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Support the club best you can

I've been going for 45 years mate, and was there during the dark days of the mid 70's, but this is totally different because of the path we are heading down financially. You can cope with a poo team because you know at some point you will improve, but this is far more serious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I've been going for 45 years mate, and was there during the dark days of the mid 70's, but this is totally different because of the path we are heading down financially. You can cope with a poo team because you know at some point you will improve, but this is far more serious. 

Doesn't matter what happens it's still SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FC and it's my club

Best thing you can do - from experience - is accept that we are so far gone that we might never make the Prem again, and get used to the idea.

Chairmen, managers and players will come and go, we might have some good seasons, some bad seasons, get lucky, get unlucky, have a good Cup run once a blue moon.

The constant will be our amazing fans, and they are amazing. Yeah theres a few idiots, but when you get 20000 people who are passionate some of that will spill over. 

But our fanbase, and its passionate away following especially, has been something to be proud of for as long as I can remember. As far back as the 70s when we looked like we were heading for Div 4, to Anfield under Wilko singing 'We'll be back' and on and on with so many examples.

Best thing we can do is stop falling out with ourselves, accept that we will have 10 good seasons every 50 and enjoy it. Or just stop coming altogether.

57 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Unlike Bruce?

I agree mate tbh....

So the options are what?

Carlos back cos he loves us?

Bullen in for 3 weeks..cos he loves us?

Megson..unfinished loves us business?

Warnock...cos he hates us?

Its got to be an upcoming manager who's got a hide like a f.ookin' buffalo and can throw chairs about 

An upcoming manager won't have the clout to sort out this dressing room if half of what is suggested is true. What we really need is a manager with so much credibility in the game and a mean streak so they won't dare answer him back.

Good luck in finding one of those that would even dream of coming here.

As it is we might attract a journeyman manager who this lot will eat for breakfast the first time he politely suggests one of them might like to sit on the bench to have a rest for the next game.

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Easily find a buyer. Hasn't he been trying to sell them for about 3 years.

According to recent press some Arab prince or other was sniffing around them. Don't think it's a shortage of interested buyers, more a case of Ashley's asking price.