From hero to zero

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

It paled towards the end tho'....But its a fair point.

Do you give a bloke who got a decent side going more time to build another ?

You probably should...

There were issues, yes, I’m not denying that, but there were some mitigating circumstances, not least the horrendous injury crisis To be honest, I’m not really saying we were wrong to get rid, only in so much as, if we were going to replace him, then bring in someone better. 

• Like 1

We don’t know the story. 

Hutchinson is human like everyone else. Who knows what’s going through his head right now. We know he has suffered depression in the past - I think we need to really think hard about judging when we know nothing. It’s not as if he’s broken any law. The OP is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, crookesowl said:

We don’t know the story. 

Hutchinson is human like everyone else. Who knows what’s going through his head right now. We know he has suffered depression in the past - I think we need to really think hard about judging when we know nothing. It’s not as if he’s broken any law. The OP is ridiculous. 

Even if Monk is right about squad unity - although at the moment it looks unlikely- that shouldn’t be a signal to hurl abuse at SH and KW. It’s the modern way I suppose but it’s all a bit unpleasant and tinpot. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Even if Monk is right about squad unity - although at the moment it looks unlikely- that shouldn’t be a signal to hurl abuse at SH and KW. It’s the modern way I suppose but it’s all a bit unpleasant and tinpot. 

and ignores the fact that Monk isn’t doing his job

There was a rumour on here yesterday about Hutch claiming he wasn’t fit to play. If that’s the case then Monks on shaky ground tbh. Of all our players Hutch is a special case in terms of fitness and recuperation between matches, he knows his body and it’s capabilities better than most and has often played when he knows he shouldn’t to help dig us out of a hole. Just speculation obviously but if this is the nub of the argument between the two you would have to say Monk has taken it too far.

Edited by Yellowbelly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

There was a rumour on here yesterday about Hutch claiming he wasn’t fit to play. If that’s the case then Monks on shaky ground tbh. Of all our players Hutch is a special case in terms of fitness and recuperation between matches, he knows his body and it’s capabilities better than most and has often played when he knows he shouldn’t to help dig us out of a hole. Just speculation obviously but if this is the nub of the argument between the two you would have to say Monk has taken it too far.

I think his dodgy limp and quitting at QPR also played a part.

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

C13C3858-8772-4F17-969B-A1FB4FB60B03.thumb.jpeg.949abc416aa4097921764a9e36931edd.jpeg

No mention of the Leeds game there then. Also, some convenient cut-off points. Reading, for example, had won their previous 4. And that 7 games without a win included 2 draws with Forest and a narrow defeat to West Brom. And what about how the other teams got on after playing us? Cardiff, for example, are unbeaten since getting thrashed by QPR on New Year's Day. Stoke won 3 of their next 5, including away at West Brom. Blackburn have also won 3 of their last 5 since playing us. Wigan beat Leeds straight after losing to us. Luton have just won at Middlesbrough. These sort of statistics annoy me because we know the championship is a close league and it's rare for teams, especially mid-table ones, to go on really long runs without a win.

1 hour ago, Sova said:

No mention of the Leeds game there then. Also, some convenient cut-off points. Reading, for example, had won their previous 4. And that 7 games without a win included 2 draws with Forest and a narrow defeat to West Brom. And what about how the other teams got on after playing us? Cardiff, for example, are unbeaten since getting thrashed by QPR on New Year's Day. Stoke won 3 of their next 5, including away at West Brom. Blackburn have also won 3 of their last 5 since playing us. Wigan beat Leeds straight after losing to us. Luton have just won at Middlesbrough. These sort of statistics annoy me because we know the championship is a close league and it's rare for teams, especially mid-table ones, to go on really long runs without a win.

I’ve just copied it but well done on wasting your last 20 mins

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’ve just copied it but well done on wasting your last 20 mins

Hey, wasn't getting at you. Not saying we're not playing badly either. And Monk's selections, formations, tactics and man management are all open to question for me right now, notwithstanding the fact we're missing a number of key players. I'm just hoping we can turn it round soon.

Hutchinson sees himself as a Premier League player, think that's always been the issue.

A gripe and frustration he isn't back at the level he was at and now can't be. Westwood also has some of that about him with his refusal to sit on the bench. All about ego.

I've got to say it. I can't believe how quickly so many fans have turned against Hutchinson. I'm not saying he's innocent and Monk may have good reasons for doing what he's done but I have seen some vile posts on here and tweets on Twitter accusing him of all sorts. Nobody knows anything! 

This is a man who has given his all for Wednesday, playing every game like it could be his last. He loves the club, has always wanted to stay, brought his kids up as Wednesday fans, has continually played through pain and has done a lot of work championing mental health issues. 

I've seen him accused of fighting, faking injury, not turning up for work, bullying academy players, turning players against each other, punching Monk and worse. Really? He has given his all for this club for the past 6 years. 

Yes he is injured a lot. Yes his disciplinary record isn't great and yes he is 30 and isn't the future. But he's gone from being a multiple player of the season award winner and Mr Sheffield Wednesday to the devil incarnate and scapegoat for Wednesday's problems all based on hearsay and rumours. Give me strength. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

Ultimately, it comes down to egos and self interest. That goes for Hutch, Westwood and Monk. 

And we will pay the consequences.

Not only us. I’m sure there are ‘some’ players at the club who care. Can’t be nice for them either as they’re fully immersed in it all the time.

At the end of the season there’s players that will leave and just find other clubs and get paid again with no consequence.

1 minute ago, Owl 44 said:

I've got to say it. I can't believe how quickly so many fans have turned against Hutchinson. I'm not saying he's innocent and Monk may have good reasons for doing what he's done but I have seen some vile posts on here and tweets on Twitter accusing him of all sorts. Nobody knows anything! 

This is a man who has given his all for Wednesday, playing every game like it could be his last. He loves the club, has always wanted to stay, brought his kids up as Wednesday fans, has continually played through pain and has done a lot of work championing mental health issues. 

I've seen him accused of fighting, faking injury, not turning up for work, bullying academy players, turning players against each other, punching Monk and worse. Really? He has given his all for this club for the past 6 years. 

Yes he is injured a lot. Yes his disciplinary record isn't great and yes he is 30 and isn't the future. But he's gone from being a multiple player of the season award winner and Mr Sheffield Wednesday to the devil incarnate and scapegoat for Wednesday's problems all based on hearsay and rumours. Give me strength. 

Cue the Hi Sam quips. Sadly that’s the modern world and modern football for you. It’s this that riles me most. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ToastFeatures said:

Used to love Hutchinson and his commitment was priceless like any other footballer should be but not now, no chance! 

you pathetic little man fuck off and grow up, you and Westwood both as bad as each other but Hutchinson used to be proper professional in most people eyes before all the crap started happening. 

Cant wait to get rid of the losers dragging our club down. 

I like to see a nice level headed, mature post like that. Gets right to the point.

lol

17 hours ago, prowl said:

To some extent I think we are now at the stage where the owner has to speak up. Back Monk unequivocably or sack him.

If it is back Monk the owner should say Monk is in charge and will continue to be so. Any player who doesn't get behind the manager will be sent on gardening leave until the end of their contract. Fully committed to letting Monk do what he thinks is needed.

Or Monk out the door and  a temporary manager appointed pending the arrival of a new one. No contracts to be renewed until the new manager decides who he wants to keep.

I honestly don't care which it is but we need strong leadership from the owner.

I would rather the former, can we trust players who can't be bothered not to do it again. Obviously on so much money the win bonus does not even appeal to them.

Agree 're D.C. needs to back or sack.