From hero to zero

22 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I lack ability but have a great attitude and really want us to win.. can I play too?

I think you underestimate how important it is for players to have the right attitude and put the team ahead of self-interest.  There must be thousands of players who have fallen by the wayside over the years with plenty of ability but questionable attitude.  The best teams are very rarely made up of the best 11 players at a club.

Guest LittleG
3 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I think you underestimate how important it is for players to have the right attitude and put the team ahead of self-interest.  There must be thousands of players who have fallen by the wayside over the years with plenty of ability but questionable attitude.  The best teams are very rarely made up of the best 11 players at a club.

Even with the right attitude you still have to show enough ability to warrant a place in the team. Pelupessy does try but is sadly lacking; do you really think he is good enough to start for Wednesday? 

Just now, LittleG said:

Even with the right attitude you still have to show enough ability to warrant a place in the team. Pelupessy does try but is sadly lacking; do you really think he is good enough to start for Wednesday? 

I don’t think Pelupessy is good enough and think we could find better playing in lower divisions if we had a decent scouting network.  What I object to is the assumption that it’s as simple as playing our best players - I think the team dynamic is more complicated than that.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Ultimately, it comes down to egos and self interest. That goes for Hutch, Westwood and Monk. 

And we will pay the consequences.

Well in fairness who is all those two players have left. Not sure who would give them contracts if the stories of sulking and not wanting to play for the team are true. Both done well out of Wednesday.

my thoughts are with the predicament we are in we should play them till the end of the season , then sort the sh*t out once and for all ,We as a team need all hands on ship at the moment and the stubborn shenanigans that are festering in the background are causing us to drop like a stone ,common sense show's that things need changing on the pitch and fast and I daresay Monk is trying to do this but everything he is doing is failing  ,we were top 6 when this crap started now  look where we are and ask yourselves why , Truth is no matter who is right or wrong , this is the wrong time to stamp your feet and get no where ,the players will feel it and the fans will feel it ,so a compromise must be reached ASAP , THEN AT SEASON END SORT IT PROPPERLY , 

To some extent I think we are now at the stage where the owner has to speak up. Back Monk unequivocably or sack him.

If it is back Monk the owner should say Monk is in charge and will continue to be so. Any player who doesn't get behind the manager will be sent on gardening leave until the end of their contract. Fully committed to letting Monk do what he thinks is needed.

Or Monk out the door and  a temporary manager appointed pending the arrival of a new one. No contracts to be renewed until the new manager decides who he wants to keep.

I honestly don't care which it is but we need strong leadership from the owner.

1 minute ago, trevdi9 said:

my thoughts are with the predicament we are in we should play them till the end of the season , then sort the sh*t out once and for all ,We as a team need all hands on ship at the moment and the stubborn shenanigans that are festering in the background are causing us to drop like a stone ,common sense show's that things need changing on the pitch and fast and I daresay Monk is trying to do this but everything he is doing is failing  ,we were top 6 when this crap started now  look where we are and ask yourselves why , Truth is no matter who is right or wrong , this is the wrong time to stamp your feet and get no where ,the players will feel it and the fans will feel it ,so a compromise must be reached ASAP , THEN AT SEASON END SORT IT PROPPERLY , 

If it is as we suspect I can't see how there can be a compromise. The battle lines are drawn. Either Westwood and Hutchinson are in charge or the manager is.

I wish that wasn't the case but that is where we are.

Guest LittleG
9 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I don’t think Pelupessy is good enough and think we could find better playing in lower divisions if we had a decent scouting network.  What I object to is the assumption that it’s as simple as playing our best players - I think the team dynamic is more complicated than that.

I agree about JP but, unless I've missed something, I've not seen where it's stated that it's as simple as playing the best players. Both JP and Hutch put in 100%, I just know who I'd rather have in team. Until it comes out what Hutch has done, I'm reluctant to take Monks words at face value and back him entirely.

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

To some extent I think we are now at the stage where the owner has to speak up. Back Monk unequivocably or sack him.

If it is back Monk the owner should say Monk is in charge and will continue to be so. Any player who doesn't get behind the manager will be sent on gardening leave until the end of their contract. Fully committed to letting Monk do what he thinks is needed.

Or Monk out the door and  a temporary manager appointed pending the arrival of a new one. No contracts to be renewed until the new manager decides who he wants to keep.

I honestly don't care which it is but we need strong leadership from the owner.

One win in ten games, leaves Monk’s position untenable, or at least it would do at most clubs

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

One win in ten games, leaves Monk’s position untenable, or at least it would do at most clubs

Yeah but not ours!

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As I said, I don't care whether Monk stays or goes but the owner has to back or sack him.

We literally have no idea who’s in the wrong here. We’re only getting Monk’s POV...

But...

Bullen, Carlos, Stuart Gray and Bruce clearly saw no issues with Hutchinson or Westwood.

Monk and Jos did.

Our worst football has been under Monk and Jos...

Edited by FlyingOwl

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

We literally have no idea who’s in the wrong here. We’re only getting Monk’s POV...

But...

Bullen, Carlos, Stuart Gray and Bruce clearly saw no issues with Hutchinson or Westwood.

Monk and Jos did.

Our worst football has been under Monk and Jos...

Devils advocate....

Under Carlos KW was only out of the team when injured, straight back in when fit

Bruce never had cause to drop KW as he wasn't here long enough

Bullen bought them both back after Jos dropped them and fans were screaming for them