With all due respect, we have absolutely no say in whether we take our points deduction now or next season

I think it will be 12 points and we will be in deep poo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

How would that impact our financial situation, with regards to FFP? 

really don’t know? 

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

The way the team is playing..we are freefalling towards relegation.....Would it be better to take the points deduction now....rather than next season.... Otherwise we could be relegated AND start next season in league one on minus 12-21 points???:Chansiri::1276983839_MonkHome:

what points deduction?

1 hour ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Sheffield United win the FA Cup and getting into the champions league.

Whilst Sheffield Wednesday end up being made to play in the national north after we get kicked out the league due to FFP. 

The first part of that is more realistic than us staying up at the moment :-(

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

I saw the title and thought...………….

Liverpool win the Premier League

Blunts qualify for Champions League

Wednesday with points reduction relegated to League 1

Worst season ever ??

Why would our relegation to league one be made any better or worse by events elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

With all due respect, we have absolutely no say in whether we take our points deduction now or next season

I think it will be 12 points and we will be in deep poo.

12 points may be wishful thinking. I can't remember the ins and outs but I read an online article about our case which said we may be looking at a 22 point deduction. 

sooner rather than later, just need to accept it and move on for peace of mind. Just annoying that we have to start again after when manderic sold us. 

With the EFL you never know. 

They'd probably give us a deduction this season that relegates us. Then decide they made a mistake and give us another one next season as a punishment for their own mistake 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Worst season ever ??

Save our Owls season was quite bad, but yeah this could be a bit trying. 

Good job I've got a plan.

I'm off to Majorca in June. I'm going to go on a wrecking frenzy & cause total chaos. (Obviously wearing LFC & pig shirt on alternate days). 

Net result will be UEFA mounting an imminent enquiry with the outcome being all English clubs being banned from Europe for 3 years.

Sweet justice on all counts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Worst season ever ??

Add VAR, goals being disallowed for a toe end or an armpit offside, the ridiculous hand ball rule, Leeds likely to go up and constant discussions about FFP and P&L.

It’s been a stinker. 

At least the cricket’s been class

Personally, if it meant DC doing one I'd take a points deduction and League One next season. As long as he calls it quits and doesn't try and get every penny back out of the club.

While DC is here it will be one horror story after another. The man is utterly hopeless. A chance of getting a better owner who will run the club sustainably, undoing most of DCs harm would be enough for me and I couldn't care less what league we are in. 

This isn't the club I grew up supporting anymore, don't feel attached to any element of it. 

1 hour ago, nilsson said:

Add VAR, goals being disallowed for a toe end or an armpit offside, the ridiculous hand ball rule, Leeds likely to go up and constant discussions about FFP and P&L.

It’s been a stinker. 

At least the cricket’s been class

Absolutely bang on.

24 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Personally, if it meant DC doing one I'd take a points deduction and League One next season. As long as he calls it quits and doesn't try and get every penny back out of the club.

While DC is here it will be one horror story after another. The man is utterly hopeless. A chance of getting a better owner who will run the club sustainably, undoing most of DCs harm would be enough for me and I couldn't care less what league we are in. 

This isn't the club I grew up supporting anymore, don't feel attached to any element of it. 

Not really getting this.

I obviously realise things haven't gone as we all hoped and DC has turned out to be a somewhat over generous & naive benefactor resulting in him over extending his hand, but "This isn't the club I grew up supporting anymore"???

Seriously. We have NEVER had an owner / board that were ever anything better than well below average. From the 60s all the way through the 70s & 80s we had people running us that were either tight wads with no ambition or just in it to further their own ambitions. 

From Dave Allen to Milan who saved us but had no ambition other than being a caretaker with something to sell on.

It might be an unpopular viewpoint but all DC did was try & give us what we had demanded for years. Yeah he totally got it wrong, maybe trusted the wrong people, took the wrong advice and then all this compounded by when he did eventually make the right call in Bruce, this backfired famously as well, (totally out of his control).

It seems the current popular theme at the moment is that we are in the worst state in our recent history & it is all down to one man. Absolute garbage. He inherited a basket case of a club that hadn't achieved anything in its recent history, rusting infrastructure, no investment on or off the pitch. He threw money at it it (some would say recklessly) and it has come back to haunt us due to EFLs ridiculous rules (as it has a number of clubs not just us).  You make it sound like we enjoyed years of unbridled success & DC came along & ruined it. We stagnated for years standing still at best & going backwards at worst 

Yeah he may have been egotistical & in hindsight naive & badly advised but can anyone honestly say everything he TRIED to do wasn't in the interest of SWFC & not his personal gain.

"This isn't the club I grew up supporting anymore, don't feel attached to any element of it" .

Yeah in the current climate with all the anti DC sentiment flying around, this is what people want to hear, but I have to say, this statement is so disingenuous in the context of our history & so far from reality it is bordering on dishonest.

It doesn’t matter if we go down . As long as chansiri is in charge it’s when not if 

• Thanks 1

If DC has any sense we should negotiate our points deduction for this season now.

Drop our counter claim to try to get 12 points or less.

But do it now so we know where we are and what we have to do.

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

It doesn’t matter if we go down . As long as chansiri is in charge it’s when not if 

Once again, emotive anti DC clap trap to appeal to the baying masses.

5 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

If DC has any sense we should negotiate our points deduction for this season now.

Drop our counter claim to try to get 12 points or less.

But do it now so we know where we are and what we have to do.

Ridiculous, why are we so apathetic as a fan base ?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Once again, emotive anti DC clap trap to appeal to the baying masses.

No , we are just in a mess . If you are too blind or daft to see it then that’s up to you 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Not really getting this.

I obviously realise things haven't gone as we all hoped and DC has turned out to be a somewhat over generous & naive benefactor resulting in him over extending his hand, but "This isn't the club I grew up supporting anymore"???

Seriously. We have NEVER had an owner / board that were ever anything better than well below average. From the 60s all the way through the 70s & 80s we had people running us that were either tight wads with no ambition or just in it to further their own ambitions. 

From Dave Allen to Milan who saved us but had no ambition other than being a caretaker with something to sell on.

It might be an unpopular viewpoint but all DC did was try & give us what we had demanded for years. Yeah he totally got it wrong, maybe trusted the wrong people, took the wrong advice and then all this compounded by when he did eventually make the right call in Bruce, this backfired famously as well, (totally out of his control).

It seems the current popular theme at the moment is that we are in the worst state in our recent history & it is all down to one man. Absolute garbage. He inherited a basket case of a club that hadn't achieved anything in its recent history, rusting infrastructure, no investment on or off the pitch. He threw money at it it (some would say recklessly) and it has come back to haunt us due to EFLs ridiculous rules (as it has a number of clubs not just us).  You make it sound like we enjoyed years of unbridled success & DC came along & ruined it. We stagnated for years standing still at best & going backwards at worst 

Yeah he may have been egotistical & in hindsight naive & badly advised but can anyone honestly say everything he TRIED to do wasn't in the interest of SWFC & not his personal gain.

"This isn't the club I grew up supporting anymore, don't feel attached to any element of it" .

Yeah in the current climate with all the anti DC sentiment flying around, this is what people want to hear, but I have to say, this statement is so disingenuous in the context of our history & so far from reality it is bordering on dishonest.

I respect your viewpoint but all I can say is that I'm completely disengaged from the club, honestly. 

I was a child in the late 80s/ early 90s and naturally didn't understand stuff going on in the boardroom and just enjoyed the football in the main. 

I do however understand the boardroom now and if you can't see that Dejphon Chansiri is ruining our club through gross negligence in almost every department then fair enough. Literally everything he has done has been without good judgement.

Yes there will be some diehard fans that keep paying for season tickets because they've always gone but where are the new diehards going to come from? I reckon we've got one of the oldest average attendance ages out of most clubs. I for one will not be taking my kids to games because of scandalous matchday cost. One of his many failures.

Seeing him speak at the couple of forums I've attended and in almost every interview he's given he's an emotional, egotistical rabbit in the headlights.

He is the top guy, he has got us into this strife with FFP, not the EFL, it's all on his shoulders because he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. I can't support him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Ridiculous, why are we so apathetic as a fan base ?  

Because they're born losers mate.

Bow down to authority, accept what the 'authorities' tell them. It's a form of being institutionalised.

You look on other club's forums & it's somehow different round here. Accept their fate, "rules is rules". 

Someone who comes along like DC, gives it a go but fails, is demonised more than someone who doesn't even try. 

Look at the comparison between Milan & DC. Milan is idolised (quite rightly), for basically not doing anything than babysitting us & spending nothing. Dc spends millions, it doesn't pan out & is slaughtered. 

• Like 1