What's bullens role in all this

Just curious where he stands with what is going on. History tells us that the chairman respects him. He may well listen to him. If it is 100 per cent the players at fault then he could verbally back monk and therefore try in some small way to unite the fans.  The only one talking at the moment is monk. He seems the only one publicly facing the media and supporters.  Don't get me wrong I know that's part of his job but he is his right hand man and we do have a club captain. Has he lost his voice too. I'm not seeing any leadership and that includes from the top.  Time for others to step up 

3 minutes ago, tashton said:

Just curious where he stands with what is going on. History tells us that the chairman respects him. He may well listen to him. If it is 100 per cent the players at fault then he could verbally back monk and therefore try in some small way to unite the fans.  The only one talking at the moment is monk. He seems the only one publicly facing the media and supporters.  Don't get me wrong I know that's part of his job but he is his right hand man and we do have a club captain. Has he lost his voice too. I'm not seeing any leadership and that includes from the top.  Time for others to step up 

To be fair, it's a very busy month for property sales.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Ferkorf

Puzzles me how Bullen is still there.

Again just signs of how unwilling to make changes we are.

They all need uprooting so we can truly change the guard from bottom to top.

In no way am I blaming Bullen for anything thats happened though

I’ve been in favour of Bullen staying but I really do think we’ve now reached a point where new blood is needed right through this club.

The only issue is.......I don’t trust DC to replace those personnel with the correct ones!!!!

Don't mind him being involved, but shouldn't be with the 1st team. New manager should have his own guys with him, Monk's fault for not stipulating this in his contract talks.

We don’t know Bullens contribution in this mess. We’re heading for disaster, for relegation, and the fact Monk is on his own gives him a get-out on his cv straight away. It’s like watching the Titanic heading for the iceberg, the fans shouting “iceberg ahead”, Monk shouting “hard to port, reverse all engines”, the players saying “ no probs mate, I’ve got a lifeboat” and the owner saying “don’t worry, we’re unsinkable .”

• Like 1

Bullen as a long-standing senior member of staff has probably contributed to the toxic culture within the club, or at least has done seemingly little to alter it. A culture where senior players have help cost managers their jobs, whereas he has remained untouched. No coincidence that Hutch and Westwood frozen out by two managers IMO. Only surprise is DC not letting Westwood go last summer, probably down to influence of Bruce. Massive clear out needed including Bullen.

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bullen shouldn’t be on Monks back room staff. He is part of the problem, being mates with the old guard. We need a completely fresh start, get rid of all the current staff and allow Monk to bring in his own people. Really is ridiculous that he hasn’t been able to do this. 

This exactly