Jump to content
TodwickOwl

Anyone else done after today?

Recommended Posts

It’s only football and we’ve been in far far worse predicaments than now 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If only you were des walker at 51 you would have shown more passion today.:bullen:

 

Poor decisions, not good enough but I don't think that there was a lack of passion today. 

 

I'll never be done, I'm looking forward to Birmingham next week already. 

Edited by bradowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll never be done with Wednesday, ever.

 

But I'm not getting a season ticket for the first time in 22 years next season, and it's breaking my heart. £455 is an obscene amount of money to spend on 23 games of football, and I just can't justify it anymore. It's too much.

 

No doubt someone will point out that I'd pay it if promotion to the PL was guaranteed, as though to prove that that I'm only it it for the good times. I've been to Plymouth, Blackpool and Carlisle on Tuesday nights, spent thousands of pounds and hours on the club and sung myself hoarse. I don't think I need to prove my loyalty to Wednesday any more - I'll be back when I think it's worth it and that's that.

 

At the minute, I think the current owner is destroying the club, and I don't think we're anywhere near bottoming out. It pains me that the majority still back him after a couple of wins.

 

So many have been willing to accept anything he's done on the off chance it gets us to the promised land, but that's not Wednesday for me.

 

I'd be more than happy to support Wednesday in non-league if they were financialy sustainable, a beacon for the local community, charged prices affordable for the common man and fielded a team who were proud to wear the shirt.

 

I honestly can't see a way back for our club. I can't see Chansiri admitting he's been a failure and selling up - he's far too stubborn. His track record in decision making hasn't changed - it's been appalling from day one. Where we'll be in another five years scares me. I just hope SWFC still exists.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's difficult to think back but it's been far worse. The owner, although up to his neck and clueless wants the best for the club and has spent tens of millions on trying (and failing) to make it a success. 

 

At least we're not having our own fans sued or waiting for news on HMRC trying to wind up the football club. 

 

This summer is massive for us, we just need to make sure we get there in this division.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not finished with Wednesday, even if we're heading for League One.

 

Things will change. I'd rather see us in League One than keeping players who are bleeding the life out of the club season after season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I'll never be done with Wednesday, ever.

 

But I'm not getting a season ticket for the first time in 22 years next season, and it's breaking my heart. £455 is an obscene amount of money to spend on 23 games of football, and I just can't justify it anymore. It's too much.

 

No doubt someone will point out that I'd pay it if promotion to the PL was guaranteed, as though to prove that that I'm only it it for the good times. I've been to Plymouth, Blackpool and Carlisle on Tuesday nights, spent thousands of pounds and hours on the club and sung myself hoarse. I don't think I need to prove my loyalty to Wednesday any more - I'll be back when I think it's worth it and that's that.

 

At the minute, I think the current owner is destroying the club, and I don't think we're anywhere near bottoming out. It pains me that the majority still back him after a couple of wins.

 

So many have been willing to accept anything he's done on the off chance it gets us to the promised land, but that's not Wednesday for me.

 

I'd be more than happy to support Wednesday in non-league if they were financialy sustainable, a beacon for the local community, charged prices affordable for the common man and fielded a team who were proud to wear the shirt.

 

I honestly can't see a way back for our club. I can't see Chansiri admitting he's been a failure and selling up - he's far too stubborn. His track record in decision making hasn't changed - it's been appalling from day one. Where we'll be in another five years scares me. I just hope SWFC still exists.

I understand how you feel. I felt the exact same way when I walked away in 2017. I've done Carlisle on Tuesday, in the snow to watch us in the JP trophy and lose 3-1, I've done Plymouth, Gillingham, Southampton, Newcastle all Midweek. I've done Exeter, Torquay, Swansea, Cardiff, Brighton, Palace, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Colchester (0-4). I had a season ticket in the same seat for 27 years and thought nothing would stop me from watching us. Truth is, I couldn't justify supporting them while Chansiri was in charge. I would be back tomorrow if he left the club, even if that was the National League North. I just hope there is something to go back to once he has left, I don't think there will be though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You couldn't really blame anyone for throwing the towel in with respect to season tickets. 

 

I had one in 2016/2017 and then switched to membership after that. 

 

Have been to about 8 to 10 games for the last couple of season. This year, I've got to about 5 or 6 (have watched pretty much every other game on a stream), but I can't see myself going to another game at Hillsborough this season. 

 

Even if we were doing half decent, it is very expensive. 

 

With what we are serving up right now, I just can't justify it. Absolute daylight robbery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

I understand how you feel. I felt the exact same way when I walked away in 2017. I've done Carlisle on Tuesday, in the snow to watch us in the JP trophy and lose 3-1, I've done Plymouth, Gillingham, Southampton, Newcastle all Midweek. I've done Exeter, Torquay, Swansea, Cardiff, Brighton, Palace, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Colchester (0-4). I had a season ticket in the same seat for 27 years and thought nothing would stop me from watching us. Truth is, I couldn't justify supporting them while Chansiri was in charge. I would be back tomorrow if he left the club, even if that was the National League North. I just hope there is something to go back to once he has left, I don't think there will be though. 


Mate I was there for Carlisle in the snow - I think we was one of about 2/3 games that got kept on that night 

 

That was possibly the coldest I’ve ever been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I'll never be done with Wednesday, ever.

 

But I'm not getting a season ticket for the first time in 22 years next season, and it's breaking my heart. £455 is an obscene amount of money to spend on 23 games of football, and I just can't justify it anymore. It's too much.

 

No doubt someone will point out that I'd pay it if promotion to the PL was guaranteed, as though to prove that that I'm only it it for the good times. I've been to Plymouth, Blackpool and Carlisle on Tuesday nights, spent thousands of pounds and hours on the club and sung myself hoarse. I don't think I need to prove my loyalty to Wednesday any more - I'll be back when I think it's worth it and that's that.

 

At the minute, I think the current owner is destroying the club, and I don't think we're anywhere near bottoming out. It pains me that the majority still back him after a couple of wins.

 

So many have been willing to accept anything he's done on the off chance it gets us to the promised land, but that's not Wednesday for me.

 

I'd be more than happy to support Wednesday in non-league if they were financialy sustainable, a beacon for the local community, charged prices affordable for the common man and fielded a team who were proud to wear the shirt.

 

I honestly can't see a way back for our club. I can't see Chansiri admitting he's been a failure and selling up - he's far too stubborn. His track record in decision making hasn't changed - it's been appalling from day one. Where we'll be in another five years scares me. I just hope SWFC still exists.


Correct mate 

 

The key thing here is we aren’t done bottoming out

 

We get a points deduction? Next year is done. Possibly the year after too - can we attract players to stay in this division? We could be 5 years away from having another crack at it.

 

I don’t trust the chairman to install what’s needed at SWFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:


Mate I was there for Carlisle in the snow - I think we was one of about 2/3 games that got kept on that night 

 

That was possibly the coldest I’ve ever been

It really was cold. I didn't know how I was going to get back, I don't think I got above 40mph all the way back. Got in at 3am and up for work at 7. That wasn't even the worst. 

 

The worst was Exeter and losing 5-1. We got stuck on the A34 in the snow and spent all night sleeping in the car. We left as soon as their 5th went in at 4:45pm, got in around 10am on the Sunday morning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, owl_83 said:

It really was cold. I didn't know how I was going to get back, I don't think I got above 40mph all the way back. Got in at 3am and up for work at 7. That wasn't even the worst. 

 

The worst was Exeter and losing 5-1. We got stuck on the A34 in the snow and spent all night sleeping in the car. We left as soon as their 5th went in at 4:45pm, got in around 10am on the Sunday morning. 


Things you do for this bloody club......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:


Things you do for this bloody club......

I love this bloody club, more than anyone could know. And it broke my heart not renewing my season ticket. It breaks my heart when people accuse me of not being a true fan because I no longer go. The truth is, I could see how this was going to end 3 years ago and voted with my feet. I had a daughter and couldn't justify spending the money when I didn't enjoy the football and didn't agree with how we were being run. More and more will stop going and who knows how it is going to end. Got a feeling it will get a whole lot worse though.

For example on P and G, there was a theory that we brought the Season Ticket deadline forward because we know we are going to get a points deduction and be in relegation trouble. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the club. My dad first took me to Hillsborough when I was 8 back in 1992. I’ll always get a season ticket as I see it as my small contribution to the club every year. Proper chore tho these days tbh

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

I love this bloody club, more than anyone could know. And it broke my heart not renewing my season ticket. It breaks my heart when people accuse me of not being a true fan because I no longer go. The truth is, I could see how this was going to end 3 years ago and voted with my feet. I had a daughter and couldn't justify spending the money when I didn't enjoy the football and didn't agree with how we were being run. More and more will stop going and who knows how it is going to end. Got a feeling it will get a whole lot worse though.

For example on P and G, there was a theory that we brought the Season Ticket deadline forward because we know we are going to get a points deduction and be in relegation trouble. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. 


Why would bringing them deadline forward be as a result of getting a points deduction? As in - get the fans money in before we won’t part with it at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:


Why would bringing them deadline forward be as a result of getting a points deduction? As in - get the fans money in before we won’t part with it at all?

Bingo we have a winner. If the deadline is in March and we have already had a points deduction, who would renew. We get a points deduction now, he already has your money. Only a theory and only a rumour but would not surprise me one bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest LittleG

Like others have said "It's only a game". It's everybody's choice whether they go or not; it's not mandatory. So some have been to Carlisle on a freezing night, big deal, again it was your choice and not deserving of a medal. We've all got stories we can tell. Believe it or not it has been a lot worse and the time will come when the fortunes of the club will turn around. We haven't had it easy over the years but thats the hand we have been dealt by supporting Wednesday. I'll still go whatever division we're in but thats my choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Fed up of the smoke and mirrors now

 

Monk has ballsed up and told the players they have no future - with just less than 20 games to go. How utterly dreadful is that for management. 

 

Players are supposedly not playing for him (certainly looks like it)

 

Two toxic players been banished - if they’re that bad, get shut and get them out the club? Why isn’t DC backing this? We must be only club that keeps two players on who have form at stirring the pot within the team and management 

 

Theres then rumours players have been told they’re bonus payments will be based on league position AFTER the points deduction - a new one to me 

 

The worst of it is if players are stalling and not playing etc - we are still there as fans, week in week out - who have put in so much to this club in the last few years especially since DC has come in - it’s absolutely clear they don’t give a flying f00k about any of us - nothing. Disgusting really.

 

Its a complete series of errors that’s now led us to a position where we possibly have a team full of players who have no idea where they’re playing next season and don’t want to play for the manager. 
 

Nice one Wednesday

 

 

You think lifes bad? I just burned my lasagne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grandad said:

The footballs been worse than this

 

Keep the faith. We might even go down.

 

Its just football that. Shankly was talking rubbish when he said its more important than life or death. Ive lost my Mother In Law, my Auntie and a very dear friend in a month

Shankly was full of crap. Its not important at all

Spot on mate. Sorry you've had a shiitty time lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the irony of fans criticising players for lack of effort, attitude, lack of fight, application etc

 

Yet bail out, stop going and turn their backs on the team when we lose a few games.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...