Anyone else done after today?

14 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The footballs been worse than this

Keep the faith. We might even go down.

Its just football that. Shankly was talking rubbish when he said its more important than life or death. Ive lost my Mother In Law, my Auntie and a very dear friend in a month

Shankly was full of crap. Its not important at all

Can’t disagree with the latter half of your post. You’re right.

That said, it remains something people are passionate about. People spend a LOT of money doing it. And - probably more importantly than the money - time. People dedicate their time following this sport, this team, allover and wherever, season in season out and for years.

We’ve had worse teams than this and been in worse spots as a club, but I don’t think I’ve ever felt as utterly insulted by a football “team” as this. A group of pathetic, weak, spineless charlatans who I’m utterly convinced have repeatedly downed tools during their time here.

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Can’t disagree with the latter half of your post. You’re right.

That said, it remains something people are passionate about. People spend a LOT of money doing it. And - probably more importantly than the money - time. People dedicate their time following this sport, this team, allover and wherever, season in season out and for years.

We’ve had worse teams than this and been in worse spots as a club, but I don’t think I’ve ever felt as utterly insulted by a football “team” as this. A group of pathetic, weak, spineless charlatans who I’m utterly convinced have repeatedly downed tools during their time here.

I agree with all of that :-)

26 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Its just football that. Shankly was talking rubbish when he said its more important than life or death. Ive lost my Mother In Law, my Auntie and a very dear friend in a month

Anyone that has been following the club as long as us could talk all night about situations much worse than this.

And I still remember what you went through at the hands of a previous board and at the same time more personally, which you've humbly avoided here.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Anyone that has been following the club as long as us could talk all night about situations much worse than this.

And I still remember what you went through at the hands of a previous board and at the same time more personally, which you've humbly avoided here.

Just spat my tea out!!

Me? Humble?? Not sure you'd get much agreement on that one haha

Hope you're well. Seem to remember you had a bit of that too... ;-) 

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

It’s not the football for me. It’s the way the club has been run. We’ve had far worse sides than this, and obviously been lower in the leagues. 

I think this is the harsh reality 

We scrape out of this slump and stay in the league - then we get exploited as fans again 

There seems no plan, no template, no foresight. 

We are not as one as a club 

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

It’s not the football for me. It’s the way the club has been run. We’ve had far worse sides than this, and obviously been lower in the leagues. 

This is it in a nutshell for me. 

You don't have to win every game to achieve something you can be proud of. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Very sorry to hear that Grandad. I agree there are so many more important things than football. Football is something we pay good money for, a choice, a hobby, it should be enjoyable. It really isn’t though. It’s is more of a chore. Many more important things in life. 

Worked out just this morning that in my 52 years Ive seen 5 promotions, and us in the top flight for 18 seasons.

6 relegations. And our club on the edge of extinction and a Chairman who hated supporters so much he sued em. 

Things could get worse.

32 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I think Shankly knew that as well as anyone, it was just part of the act.

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

I think Shankly knew that as well as anyone, it was just part of the act.

I bet he wishes he was on royalties for all the mugs

45 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Fed up of the smoke and mirrors now

Monk has ballsed up and told the players they have no future - with just less than 20 games to go. How utterly dreadful is that for management. 

Players are supposedly not playing for him (certainly looks like it)

Two toxic players been banished - if they’re that bad, get shut and get them out the club? Why isn’t DC backing this? We must be only club that keeps two players on who have form at stirring the pot within the team and management 

Theres then rumours players have been told they’re bonus payments will be based on league position AFTER the points deduction - a new one to me 

The worst of it is if players are stalling and not playing etc - we are still there as fans, week in week out - who have put in so much to this club in the last few years especially since DC has come in - it’s absolutely clear they don’t give a flying f00k about any of us - nothing. Disgusting really.

Its a complete series of errors that’s now led us to a position where we possibly have a team full of players who have no idea where they’re playing next season and don’t want to play for the manager. 

Nice one Wednesday

I’ll always go to the match.  From the Thursday before a home game (or an away game if I’m going), I’ll start to get that itch of excitement - even at times like this when we’re rhubarb. 

You see, it’s not just about football for me; it’s about doing something other than work or (with the greatest respect to my family) home life; and it’s also about having a beer with my mates. 

I’m far from done with Wednesday. I love going to the match. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 3

I ndunno how many times I have to post this...

Treat it for what it is...while its like it is....

Its A wedding or a funeral...Its Wednesday...

at the minute ...its a f.ookin' circus...So you go...expectin' capering clowns...not disappointed eh?

It will change, but you have to change with it..not meek acceptance..Howl at the f.ookin' moon, write to the chairman etc...but meanwhile..Laugh at the useless f.ookers

Ride the sodding crazy carousel wiv the fearful smiling manic horses....

Enjoy the whole theatre of thousands of bloody idiots clappin' yer full back off after he ..first...grabbed someones ankle like Mick Mc Manus and then proceeded to chop someone in half!!!

Enjoy the ludicrousness of the self righteous...totally misplaced anger...as yer Hero walks head down towards the tunnel..as he f.ookin' should cos he fully deserved what he got.

Play.."Wheres Joey" during the 85 bleedin' minutes he disappears...Theres loads to enjoy you miserable sh 8ts..

Play up The Wednesday...Roll up Roll up..

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Well I think its safe to say my mate from Bordeaux is definitely done after today.

Infact I think he was done after about 5 minutes.

My towel has been thrown in after this well and truly.

Something is happening at that club that is beyond anything that us as fans can sort out.

Bet he can’t wait to get back to watching les Girondins in their new stadium. Especially after watching that shambles. And the weather. God, we’re rubbish. :biggrin:

Guest Ferkorf
2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Bet he can’t wait to get back to watching les Girondins in their new stadium. Especially after watching that shambles. And the weather. God, we’re rubbish. :biggrin:

Yeh its been a rough one for him.

Only came over for a funeral friday morning aswell so thats 2 days of misery bless him lol

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If only you were des walker at 51 you would have shown more passion today.:bullen:

Poor decisions, not good enough but I don't think that there was a lack of passion today. 

I'll never be done, I'm looking forward to Birmingham next week already. 

Edited by bradowl