Are you even a fan?

30 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you boo a young keeper after he's made a mistake?

Or you sing about not being fit to wear the shirt to the team?

Or you say you want us to lose the next match if that gets us rid of monk, or that relegation would be a good thing so we can have a clear out?

Whatever goes on at the club there is still a team on the pitch we should be wanting to win as fans of, and as supporters we can help them do that by actually supporting them and not trying to wreck their confidence.

The team is clearly devoid of confidence, why are a section of fans trying to make it worse? 

Critique them on here, facebook, praise or grumble, your friends and family all you like. Once you start doing it at Hillsborough while they're actually playing you're being an absolute nuisance and doing no good. 

If you are vocally abusing the team you are hindering us. If you are like this please just leave the game and think about going to watch Man City/Barcelona/Sheffield Steelers/United and view Wednesday from afar until we reach a level you're happy with because you're a man child glory supporting fickle fan who expects to see winning football.

We can get rid of any bad eggs at the club in future but right now we need to get the best out of all players including the bad eggs or it is not looking good for us.

Course you are still a fan...just a f.ookin' angry one....Theres not a bleedin' official template...

You sit there today with nthe wind an' rain howling all around and get stuffed 3-0 by a team that hasn't won away since Noah said "I fink its startin' to spit"

and you go one of two ways...The .."Typical Wednesday" Ho hum...theres always next week ..or

"You useless set of f.ookin' muppets...Not fit to wear the shirt etc"

All fans...just different coping mechanisms

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What has how much we are paying got to do with those individual player performance? I doubt the likes of Barry Bannan realises that we're paying £100 more than United?

I get why fans are annoyed, I am very much so as well but off the field stuff has nothing to do with them players on the pitch during a game

You really can't comprehend that after DC's promises that if we paid the highest prices in the country, we'd get players and performances to match it, so fans are understandably not happy now.

Wow.

• Like 1

People patting themselves on the back because they buy a ticket is pathetic. Being a fan is about more than that. I disagree with the OP in blaming the fans for the players lack of confidence or current level of performance, but our crowd could undoubtedly be more vocal in their support of the team during home games. Moaning & groaning on here after a game is part of being a Wednesday fan at the moment & is totally understandable, but booing & moaning during the game helps no-one.

I sit on the North and there was a fair bit of bickering going on.

I f people are not happy they have the right to voice there opinion

We are all there to support our team and will be there for as long as you want to be.

Nobody wants to see us in this mess but i feel the club has abused its fan base with a lack of comminication  and i would not blame anybody for not going.

I feel we must support the team however bad they are or i fear a return to the dark days of league 1

48 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you boo a young keeper after he's made a mistake?

Or you sing about not being fit to wear the shirt to the team?

Or you say you want us to lose the next match if that gets us rid of monk, or that relegation would be a good thing so we can have a clear out?

Whatever goes on at the club there is still a team on the pitch we should be wanting to win as fans of, and as supporters we can help them do that by actually supporting them and not trying to wreck their confidence.

The team is clearly devoid of confidence, why are a section of fans trying to make it worse? 

Critique them on here, facebook, praise or grumble, your friends and family all you like. Once you start doing it at Hillsborough while they're actually playing you're being an absolute nuisance and doing no good. 

If you are vocally abusing the team you are hindering us. If you are like this please just leave the game and think about going to watch Man City/Barcelona/Sheffield Steelers/United and view Wednesday from afar until we reach a level you're happy with because you're a man child glory supporting fickle fan who expects to see winning football.

We can get rid of any bad eggs at the club in future but right now we need to get the best out of all players including the bad eggs or it is not looking good for us.

I know you mean well but this blind loyalty will harm us more.

Fans have a total right to voice their concern and anger.

No one likes what is happening at Wedneaday at the moment.

For me the time has come for the level to notched up.

• Like 2

I went to my favourite restaurant the other night, the new chef was useless, the waiting staff were disinterested, and they served up sub standard food .

I didn’t complain though as I didn’t want to upset the other diners so I just said “ very nice “ and left.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

I went to my favourite restaurant the other night, the new chef was useless, the waiting staff were disinterested, and they served up sub standard food .

I didn’t complain though as I didn’t want to upset the other diners so I just said “ very nice “ and left.

You’d be surprised how many people do say “very nice” in that situation

Guest LittleG
30 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What has that got to do with the players on the pitch?

Ha, yeah right, I was just sickened by the booing of Dawson, it's the most anti fan like thing I've seen at Hillsborough. I mean I don't care how much of a wazzack Westwood is, I would have him playing because I think he's a better keeper but to boo an upcoming keeper in those circumstances is absolutely pathetic

Look I don't boo any players when they're on the pitch but your post came strongly across as having a go at the fans, not right thing ro do.The players may be lacking confidence but some of the recent performances have been totally unacceptable. I don't condone the booing and shouting but can understand people's frustration. As for Dawson, I don't think Monk is doing him any favours. We've had a situation this year where both GK's have looked unsure and committed quite a few mistakes. This is another position we should be looking at in the summer.

35 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

What does getting the best players we have out on the pitch have to do with the players we actually have on the pitch?

Why is that even a question?

It's not the fault of the players on the pitch they are selected ahead of some of our better players. Monks decision.

31 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Course you are still a fan...just a f.ookin' angry one....Theres not a bleedin' official template...

You sit there today with nthe wind an' rain howling all around and get stuffed 3-0 by a team that hasn't won away since Noah said "I fink its startin' to spit"

and you go one of two ways...The .."Typical Wednesday" Ho hum...theres always next week ..or

"You useless set of f.ookin' muppets...Not fit to wear the shirt etc"

All fans...just different coping mechanisms

Fine I get it, swear etc, but literally booing specific players crosses a line. Being angry is normal but it gets to a level where it will affect the team. This is a fragile set of players, I know it's pathetic, but it's the type of team Tom Lees and Liam Palmer are strong enough characters to become captain. If we get on their backs they will play worse not better.

26 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

You really can't comprehend that after DC's promises that if we paid the highest prices in the country, we'd get players and performances to match it, so fans are understandably not happy now.

Wow.

That's a straw man argument.

18 minutes ago, marble said:

People patting themselves on the back because they buy a ticket is pathetic. Being a fan is about more than that. I disagree with the OP in blaming the fans for the players lack of confidence or current level of performance, but our crowd could undoubtedly be more vocal in their support of the team during home games. Moaning & groaning on here after a game is part of being a Wednesday fan at the moment & is totally understandable, but booing & moaning during the game helps no-one.

You basically agree with me, I didn't say it's the fans fault they put in a bad performance at all lol

14 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I know you mean well but this blind loyalty will harm us more.

Fans have a total right to voice their concern and anger.

No one likes what is happening at Wedneaday at the moment.

For me the time has come for the level to notched up.

I agree, but I think it needs to be vented after the game and on here. No while they're still playing.

13 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Where was that mate I'll give it a miss

3 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Look I don't boo any players when they're on the pitch but your post came strongly across as having a go at the fans, not right thing ro do.The players may be lacking confidence but some of the recent performances have been totally unacceptable. I don't condone the booing and shouting but can understand people's frustration. As for Dawson, I don't think Monk is doing him any favours. We've had a situation this year where both GK's have looked unsure and committed quite a few mistakes. This is another position we should be looking at in the summer.

I was having a go at fans who were booing Dawson and taking part in the chant about not being fit to wear the shirt

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I was having a go at fans who were booing Dawson and taking part in the chant about not being fit to wear the shirt

Your post went a lot further than that. I would hope you are as frustrated as everybody, people express this emotion in different ways.