Why was everyone applauding Urgohide?

13 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Not sure if anyone else has said this in the rest of the thread but Bannan and Dawson both gave him a pat on the head as well as Borner, I'd like to have seen captain Palmer do the same.

Oh give over...Use this to slag Palmer off?

How many times do you see a player get sent off and the whole team sympathises?

The odd couple near the incident might...but crikey....

32 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

He was obviously gutted. I clapped. Not for any other reason than i felt he was unlucky. The referee was again inconsistent. I don't think i have seen as many poor referree decisions in a season as this season. I don't think we was any more likely to win the game with 11 players. 

He wasn't unlucky..He got sent off for 2 obvious booking offences...

I sympathise with the lad...and it may be a lesson well learned...but it was his own fault..

On 15/02/2020 at 18:27, Sefton owl said:

Yes he’s a young kid and was showing some grit early on in the game but making a rash, needless challenge whilst already on a yellow is frankly something that shouldn’t be applauded.

We were dross again today but at 1-0 down any team with 11 men on the pitch have a chance of a draw or even a win. 

Ridiculous some of our fans.

he certainly ain't ready yet

20 hours ago, torryowl said:

I think due to his lack of experience / ability he was always going to struggle to stay on the pitch after picking up  yellow so early ….he's big and clumsy and while you cant fault his enthusiasm once he's on a yellow the experienced pro is going to target him ...and they did .

I agree, if we can see that then surely Monk should have considered substituting him at half-time. 

11 hours ago, LittleG said:

Agree with this, ridiculous decision by Monk to bring him back. Although he tries you can see he's not ready for the first team.

Think his options on who to start at the back yesterday were limited. Odubajo and Fox are injured, Lees has been poor of late and moving Iorfa to full back hasn't worked in recent games and starting Forestieri at wing-back in the week was bizarre.

The lad did look lost against Blackburn but then so did most that day. He has played in 3 games prior to yesterday - 1 defeat and 2 wins in which we kept 2 clean sheets so it wasn't a huge call to give him another chance. 

I think Monk should have taken him off at half-time though, after the 1st half booking the sending off was on the cards.

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

He wasn't unlucky..He got sent off for 2 obvious booking offences...

I sympathise with the lad...and it may be a lesson well learned...but it was his own fault..

Totally agree. 

It’s not hindsight, I said at the time Monk should have taken him off at half time again. 

He was a walking booking all game (well all the 50 minutes) 

The applause shows that despite a lot of people thinking otherwise, the huge majority of the home support - support the players. 

The crowd are sympathetic to mistakes if they are genuine and accompanied by effort, will and desire. 

If these mistakes happen time after time after time, then understandably patience dwindles and frustration appears. 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

A team where pretty much everyone is underperforming?

Not sure about that.

Therefore if you show an ounce of ability, fight, desire, athleticism and quality you will stand out more 

I’d argue if you can’t stand out in this current set up then you won’t be good enough 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Think his options on who to start at the back yesterday were limited. Odubajo and Fox are injured, Lees has been poor of late and moving Iorfa to full back hasn't worked in recent games and starting Forestieri at wing-back in the week was bizarre.

My thoughts too.

What IS the progress of Fox, Odubajo, Luongo, and Reach?

OK, OK back in a fortnight, but that fortnight started a while back!!

45 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

My thoughts too.

What IS the progress of Fox, Odubajo, Luongo, and Reach?

OK, OK back in a fortnight, but that fortnight started a while back!!

We do seem to get some rather nondescript injuries that drag on and on. Fox's occurred during a game but can't remember the others, were they all in training? 

Only we could have a player get sent off, receive a 3-match ban, get the ban overturned but then have him ruled out for a longer period due to an injury picked up in training.