Jump to content
Sefton owl

Why was everyone applauding Urgohide?

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

Agree, he got ripped to pieces vs Blackburn and dragged off at half time. Since then we've been on an abysmal run so now was not the time to throw him back in. If he's coming back in then needs to be back in when the teams got some confidence and are fighting for each other... Although he could have retired by the time this happens at this rate. 

Agree with this, ridiculous decision by Monk to bring him back. Although he tries you can see he's not ready for the first team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owl999 said:

He’s living off that interview not his ability with a lot of Wednesday fans, he’s had mare in all but 2 games he’s played, he got lucky at Leeds being caught out of position we just weren’t punished for it,  Blackburn saw him as the weak spot and exploited that , not his fault that senior pros don’t track back to help him out yet nobody seems to berate them . The lad was released by MK Dons there’s a reason for that .


This is what I immediately thought on the second booking. There were two others in the frame as he broke, who both left it to the young lad on a yellow. 
 

Bannan did make the effort to pay him on the head after he’s sent off, shame he didn’t bust a gut to cut the angle 30 seconds earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

 

Not every foul is a yellow card. Both were soft.

He hacked him down in the second :blink::unsure:

 

Both were definite yellows, and both unavoidable which is on the player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Yes he’s a young kid and was showing some grit early on in the game but making a rash, needless challenge whilst already on a yellow is frankly something that shouldn’t be applauded.

 

We were dross again today but at 1-0 down any team with 11 men on the pitch have a chance of a draw or even a win. 
 

Ridiculous some of our fans.

Needless? Their player who tore us a new ass was cutting into the area and would have probably scored. 

He was visibly upset hence why Borner went and gave him a hug! He's a young lad who needs supporting when he makes errors ffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Yes he’s a young kid and was showing some grit early on in the game but making a rash, needless challenge whilst already on a yellow is frankly something that shouldn’t be applauded.

 

We were dross again today but at 1-0 down any team with 11 men on the pitch have a chance of a draw or even a win. 
 

Ridiculous some of our fans.

Monk put him into a game he should never have been in, we had other more experienced options.

 

i applauded him for that reason, Monk is well on the way to wrecking this lads confidence, he doesn't deserve it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't understand why people were clapping him either, it wasn't necessary. Some people are too soft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

You make some interesting posts that must have taken some knowledge/background work to put together which I enjoy reading..any chance that you could stop lowering the tone by continually insulting posters that you don't agree with?

 

Sorry, but I've become jaded with the endless vitriol that is being spouted by some of the posters on here.

 

The number of posts based on hearsay, speculation or downright fiction that are passed off as fact are getting on my boobies and the amount of knee-jerk posts that target "insert player name here" because they are frustrated and need someone to blame are seemingly never ending and again, usually baseless.

 

Basically, I've had enough of it and I'm going to start calling people out on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Minton said:

 

Sorry, but I've become jaded with the endless vitriol that is being spouted by some of the posters on here.

 

The number of posts based on hearsay, speculation or downright fiction that are passed off as fact are getting on my boobies and the amount of knee-jerk posts that target "insert player name here" because they are frustrated and need someone to blame are seemingly never ending and again, usually baseless.

 

Basically, I've had enough of it and I'm going to start calling people out on it. 

Fair enough.. I was foul myself yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

First challenge was never a yellow! It was his first foul!

First challenge was an everyday 100% yellow, bloke had got away from him was looking to get forward and he grabbed his leg to stop him yellow card every day every match 

 

The problem for me was when they did the exact same thing, pulling back i think FF, when he was on a charge it was just a talking to no card 

 

The 2nd was a badly mistimed tackle and left even an inept Ref like Woolmer with next to no choice

 

I didn't really understand the booing of their Player he was hacked down pure and simple 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he plays half a season in the first team his value sky rockets, we need more like him because the kid is defiantly ready for the first team despite the sending off, players get sent off thats just how it goes 

Edited by keepitsteel89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it didn't do him any favours starting, he's not ready yet, the answer was on the bench wasn't it?

Murphy came on caused more trouble down that flank in 10 minutes than we had done all game...and the bloke that skinned the youngster?..Murphy took the ball off him 3 times for laughs.

The starting line up was never going to work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Ref was shocking. Reading played him good and proper. Falling over whenever they could. The best one was the two handed push on Harris which left him flying towards the stands and nothing given for it. Shocking

This^. How that wasn't a yellow was unbelievable. And the only player who was told to "get up" was FF who was sandwiched between 2 players and fouled on the edge of the area. Teams must be told to just fall over at Hillsborough, it fools every ref we have. We were awful but that doesn't excuse these terrible refs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

First challenge was an everyday 100% yellow, bloke had got away from him was looking to get forward and he grabbed his leg to stop him yellow card every day every match 

 

The problem for me was when they did the exact same thing, pulling back i think FF, when he was on a charge it was just a talking to no card 

 

The 2nd was a badly mistimed tackle and left even an inept Ref like Woolmer with next to no choice

 

I didn't really understand the booing of their Player he was hacked down pure and simple 

 

From where I was sat on kop it looked like he made a right meal of second challenge making out he was seriously injured and then suddenly ok once yellow card was produced. 

He was doing it every time he was touched, some of other Reading players were also doing it, players rolling around on floor making out they're seriously injured when not has crept into Championship a lot over past few seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God forbid we don’t smash a young players confidence eh ,  give the kid a break 

 

Personally think he could turn into a decent player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont agree with booing your teams players ever never have never will 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is a young lad trying to make his way in a job played out in front of 20,000 people.

He made a mistake.

How would you want the crowd to react if it was your son.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was obviously gutted. I clapped. Not for any other reason than i felt he was unlucky. The referee was again inconsistent. I don't think i have seen as many poor referree decisions in a season as this season. I don't think we was any more likely to win the game with 11 players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...