Why was everyone applauding Urgohide?

8 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

You’re on drugs or don’t know the rules 

He pulled a player back whilst on floor and the second was a lunge in from behind 

Both yellows 

Don’t do drugs old boy , I give my opinion as I see it and I’m a tad bemused by your version of events . I actually said to my lad it seems weird clapping a player sent off . You are way over the top on this by the way imo . 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

The poor kid was devastated. He knew what he’d done and the implications of a red.  Credit to everyone in the crowd doing what they could to help him through that.  He has a long term future with the club and needs to be nurtured as best we can. I’m pleased the crowd played a part in that today. 

If you put it like that then yeah credit to them

I just didn't feel like it at the time.

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Yes he’s a young kid and was showing some grit early on in the game but making a rash, needless challenge whilst already on a yellow is frankly something that shouldn’t be applauded.

We were dross again today but at 1-0 down any team with 11 men on the pitch have a chance of a draw or even a win. 

Ridiculous some of our fans.

Why is monk hanging the kid out to dry, by exposing him in the toxic home atmosphere?

Yes he’s a young kid and was showing some grit early on in the game but making a rash, needless challenge whilst already on a yellow is frankly something that shouldn’t be applauded.

We were dross again today but at 1-0 down any team with 11 men on the pitch have a chance of a draw or even a win. 

Hard man.

Monk was right to take him out of the firing line after the Blackburn horror show from him in the first half. Plenty of fans were asking him to be brought back in, it appears Monk can't make a right call at the minute, even if it's what the fans want to see. 

The first yellow was harsh but the decision to go in for that second tackle was horrendous, blatant yellow. I also found the booing of their player ridiculous, he nearly took his leg off. 

For me we need to get Fox back ASAP and give the lad more game time under less pressure to give him a fighting chance. 

43 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Why is monk hanging the kid out to dry, by exposing him in the toxic home atmosphere?

Monk has gone out of his way to keep him out of the firing line/the side(Barsnley, Iorfa at RB - Luton, change of system) and people were banging on about bringing him back in. 

He'd spent some time out of the side after struggling at home in the first half vs Blackburn, but he'd done well away at Leeds and Brighton, so I think it was fair enough to bring him in after Monk's other setups hadn't worked last week. 

2 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

kid was devastated TO the point of crying and apologising to all and sundry when leaving the ground ,hopefully he will learn from it going forward   

How Monk handles this will be a guide to how good he is as a manager. Seems like a genuine kid  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Two 'definite' yellow cards.

But similar Reading challenges went unpunished so whilst by many people bar (including mine) the sending off was deserved it was at odds with the way the ref otherwise penalised challenges.

Good point, first yellow possibly a bit harsh, second yellow blatant. 

However there were far worse challenges from Reading that were worse than his first, extra frustrating. 

Just now, nethertonowl said:

How Monk handles this will be a guide to how good he is as a manager. Seems like a genuine kid  

He was abysmal at home to Blackburn so took him out of the firing line for a while which was the right thing to do. 

I think with Fox back (hopefully) we'll see him again when we're playing better, if that ever happens. :duntmatter:

4 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

First challenge was never a yellow! It was his first foul!

The ref did not book every player for using their hands, but this always going to be given. Our defenders particularly, Iorfa, Odubajo and Urgohide need to learn how to contain players without jumping in, then using their hands when the player gets away.