Why was everyone applauding Urgohide?

He shouldn't be asked to play in a toxic atmosphere like today it will do him harm.

Monk should have brought him off at HT, I said he would end up being sent off, the weather didnt help matters .

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

He shouldn't have been exposed in the first place. It was always going to be toxic today.

Agree, he got ripped to pieces vs Blackburn and dragged off at half time. Since then we've been on an abysmal run so now was not the time to throw him back in. If he's coming back in then needs to be back in when the teams got some confidence and are fighting for each other... Although he could have retired by the time this happens at this rate. 

Just now, Beholder said:

Was a good interview by Giddings.

Monk exposed why he has fcucked up.

Basically he has been too honest and let players know they won't be here. 

He forgot he has a season to finish. 

Poor man management and lack of empathy. You can't be a manager without an understanding of people. 

So basically, Monk is actually clueless and has admitted it? It is just plain commonsense that you don’t tell someone they have no future until the season is concluded and you’ve got your money’s worth out of them. 

Good news though if everyone is leaving. It is needed. And if they’re all in the same boat, no harm in bringing back Westwood and Hutch for the period they’re still here, who at least have leadership qualities

9 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolutely unbelievable 

Clapping a lad off who on a yellow goes and lunges in

Hes not 12, he’s in first team - should know better. 

That’s not forgiving how dreadful he is too - awful 

Which bit of supporting don't you understand?

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So basically, Monk is actually clueless and has admitted it? It is just plain commonsense that you don’t tell someone they have no future until the season is concluded and you’ve got your money’s worth out of them. 

Good news though if everyone is leaving. It is needed. And if they’re all in the same boat, no harm in bringing back Westwood and Hutch for the period they’re still here, who at least have leadership qualities

They would probably play to lose to get rid of Monk. If he doesn't trust them he can't play them.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

Which bit of supporting don't you understand?

So fans can berate any other player on pitch for mis control, giving ball away, being offside. Pelupessy for example.

But because he’s a young adult - not kid, who f*cks up and puts whole squad on back foot by doing two daft challenges - we’re not allowed and need to kiss his @rse? 

This club is mental 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

It was always a strong possibility he’d get sent off after that first needless yellow, and Monk should’ve protected him, and the team, by subbing him before it happened,

Whilst I get that you can't give up a substitution at HT when he was playing ok and the team is 1 down

Some of these comments sum up some of the problems with the club. Toxicity is rife right the way through, I’m embarrassed with some of our fans. The lad clearly wears his heart on his sleeve, his first booking was never a booking and you could tell how gutted when he was sent off. Need protecting, and the sad thing is he needs protecting from some of our owns supporters! 

Edited by ohgoditsjames
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I clapped him off

More in a ‘keep your chin up lad’ kind of way, the last thing we need is to crush a young lad at the start of his career

Also he made two fouls in the game and the “referee” couldn’t wait to book him on both occasions, where was the ‘next time your off’ chat?

I didn't clap him off, but nor did I give him any grief.   I was kind of .....well that is par for the course.

Today I know two things.

Wednesday deserved to lose.
The ref was utter tripe.

Sometimes, yes - both can be true.

That ref was either bent or incompetent - and I don't care which but he was one or the other.

Wednesday also deserved to lose, so I will not go after the ref on this occasion - that doesn't mean he wasn't utter dog poo.

23 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolutely unbelievable 

Indeed. Don't think people are suggesting people boo him, but a round of applause was weird. 

Heard P&G after and people saying he played well. Thought completely the opposite and struggled all game with their #14! Murphy actually coped better when he came on there

25 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolutely unbelievable 

He was trying. He made a mistake. It happens. He wasn't awful either.

Don't be such a bellend. 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

He mistimed it , it was totally not a deliberate foul and so didn’t deserve to walk for it , the first wasn’t a yellow either 

You’re on drugs or don’t know the rules 

He pulled a player back whilst on floor and the second was a lunge in from behind 

Both yellows 

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Guarantee he’ll not be a Championship player whilst I’ve got a hole in my ar5e. 

He already is a championship player, you absolute melon. 

Makes sense you don't have a hole in your ass though as all the poo is coming out of your mouth 

• Haha 3