Passion, Effort, Play for the Shirt etc

I know it’s Radio Sheffield but first 4 or 5 callers were saying the players lacked all of the above today 

Personally I don’t think the players can be accused of lacking heart and effort on today’s performance. 

Lack of ability, possibly. Lack of understanding their role, possibly. Lack of intelligence, yes. But not lacking willingness to do well. 

Individual mistakes, constantly changing formation and zero confidence are killing us currently. 

The big thing we need and the main thing we lack is leadership - on and off the pitch to drag us out of this mess 

Agree. Couldn't say anyone didn't try today. Unfortunately they're just not very good. They're not reading each other's moves and not reading the other team's moves either. In fact they aren't moving for each other much at all. They are playing like 11 (or 10) individuals not a team. 

Joey can't help it that he runs around like a headless chicken. He doesn't read the game. More often than not, he lets his man get the wrong side of him. He's just not very good. 

Bannan can't help pirouetting round in circles. He's only got one foot. 

Da Cruz worked hard but can't beat his man. I could go on. 

They have no confidence and are now suffering from some bad luck as well but I don't think they weren't trying. That said, most of them need to go at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

I’ve thought this for the last few games; I don’t think lack of effort is the problem. The players look like they haven’t got a clue what their roles are or what is expected of them. And we don’t seem to have any idea how to create chances effectively and consistently. 

From the outside looking in, it’s as if the players are being told who’s going to be in the starting XI, then just asked to go out and play. We seem completely devoid of any kind of plan or identity. 

• Like 1