Eaton_Swfc

Boycott the Man City game

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Rhodes should play, in my opinion. It appears that he is contracted until 2021 so may as well at least let him showcase what little ability he still possesses with the hope that someone takes him off our hands a year early.

Showcase his abilities against one of the best teams in Europe??

are we selling him as a lampost?

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Dunno, but we may as well give him the opportunity. Can't see that it particular weakens our prospects.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Dunno, but we may as well give him the opportunity. Can't see that it particular weakens our prospects.

Probably not mate....but I'd rather see one of the youngsters up front, gives us the excuse we played a weakened side lol

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Probably not mate....but I'd rather see one of the youngsters up front, gives us the excuse we played a weakened side lol

Isn't a side containing Rhodes at the minute an excuse to call it weakened?

• Haha 1

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Isn't a side containing Rhodes at the minute an excuse to call it weakened?

He's a 10 million £ striker ffs!

Just now, asteener1867 said:

He's a 10 million £ striker ffs!

Aye, I remember Franny being an 8 million one. ;-)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

Oh sorry, got it now. So you want to start a boycott and get everyone fired up but you’ve already got your season ticket for next season? Was that the bit I missed?

Have you got summat wrong with you ?? 

• Haha 3

What exactly do you want. What will this achieve. 

If supporters make decisions for the club we really are in the poo. 

Wouldn't it be typical for fans to make a stand at the best chance of a game to to totally change the season. 

Does anyone think that chansiri does not know that this is not working. 

We all want to change the teams fortunes. Staying away will have zero affect for any positive change. 

If the reason for our recent run is obvious then a proactive approach may help. But the fact is nobody has the perfect answer to instantly change to winning ways. Unfortunately it is not possible to identify one single reason that a change would instantly work. 

Yeah course im going to give up the only chanced to watch some decent football, let at least boycott a normal match

Can we boycott the Charlton match ? I hate midweek games.

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 18:15, Costello 77 said:

And be denied the chance to witness a new record?

what's called is it the beatles "LET IT BE" LOL 

Edited by trevdi9

9 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

well he is a bit light headed nowadays 

On 15/02/2020 at 18:16, Salmonbones said:

Ain't gonna happen - the reason is simple.

We are good supporters.

You need to get real.  If we want to send a message, we need to get creative.    

Full crowd - who do something co-ordinated like turn their backs for 2 minutes before start of the game and for 2 minutes after kick off.

Full crowd. Unbelievable Jeff 

Typical blue and white goggles 

Our stands won't be full. 

Man C are in deep poo poo, their chairman is useless...pep is going to do a runner...all the players are looking for a move.

Best time to play em is now.

Can't see anything but a comfortable wednesday victory.

:1276983839_MonkHome:

WTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about this.

Its a full.house with a Kaiserslautern at home style atmosphere, the team turns up and we actually beat them.

Thats a protest.........

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Rhodes should play, in my opinion. It appears that he is contracted until 2021 so may as well at least let him showcase what little ability he still possesses with the hope that someone takes him off our hands a year early.

The City game will require all hands on deck just to keep the score respectable.

Rhodes should be nowhere near the team for that fixture.  Might as well play with 10 men.

22 hours ago, bradowl said:

Completely opposite for me, no one turning up would be showing nation we've got crap support to go along with our crap team.. 

When Villa and Newcastle are doing rubbish everyone comments about fantastic support they've got and how fans keep going through good and bad times. 

We're getting laughed at now for team being rubbish, playing Man City in fa cup with only a few thousand fans turning out and we'll get laughed at even more. 

WAWAW? Supposedly. :unsure:

Agree for most of the time. Sometime you have to make a statement though. Only way DC will hear is when it starts to hit him in the pockets.

I hope we get laughed and thoroughly embarrassed to provoke a reaction from DC. Instead of him just hiding.

• Haha 1

Not read the full thread, but what exactly are we protesting at? We’ve cried out for decades for an owner to pump in money. Which he has winningly done. The first two seasons people were queueing up to nosh him off.

he has made two mistakes since with Jo’s and monk. Would things have been different had Bruce stayed? I think it would. Confidence was sky high at the start of the season. There’s one person responsible for the destruction of that optimism and it isn’t chansiri.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Not read the full thread, but what exactly are we protesting at? We’ve cried out for decades for an owner to pump in money. Which he has winningly done. The first two seasons people were queueing up to nosh him off.

he has made two mistakes since with Jo’s and monk. Would things have been different had Bruce stayed? I think it would. Confidence was sky high at the start of the season. There’s one person responsible for the destruction of that optimism and it isn’t chansiri.

100% this!

• Thanks 1

I'm wondering whether I want to pay £50 for me and the lad to see us hammered by Man City.

But... If I don't go, I'm not boycotting.

I'm just not going.