Boycott the Man City game

9 hours ago, overlandandsea said:

Like I said he would be pocketing the gate money and that's all hes bothered about. I'm well aware of the financial situation of the club and the mess we are in. It's not an exaggerated claim at all. 

Who or what financed the recent signing of Wickham, da Cruz and Windass?

I am actually critical of the club for bringing in more players when the wage budget is already well overstretched and without moving players out first but none of that suggest a guy that "is only interested in lining his own pockets".

4 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

So OP starts a campaign to boycott games based on strong principles then reveals they’ve already bought ST for next season!! You couldn’t make it up.

Assume you didn't read my post on the next page explaining the differences did you ? 

If you cant understand the difference between a season ticket and a one off cup game against Man City reserves you need help. 

10 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

So let me get this right just for clarity. 

You want to see us Quote :- “closed down for financial irregularities”.

What does the ‘ap’ in apswfcowl stand for?

Absolute Plank

It was a bad joke based on the way things are at the moment and how I and many people have become disenfranchised with everything Wednesday.

Kop ST holder for 30 years btw before I'm accused of being a pig aswell!

Of course that's not what I want. Sorry it was taken literally.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

What do we think the team will be though?

Is this a chance for Jordan Rhodes to prove himself?

Rhodes should play, in my opinion. It appears that he is contracted until 2021 so may as well at least let him showcase what little ability he still possesses with the hope that someone takes him off our hands a year early.

13 hours ago, billyblack said:

And thats the problem

Completely opposite for me, no one turning up would be showing nation we've got crap support to go along with our crap team.. 

When Villa and Newcastle are doing rubbish everyone comments about fantastic support they've got and how fans keep going through good and bad times. 

We're getting laughed at now for team being rubbish, playing Man City in fa cup with only a few thousand fans turning out and we'll get laughed at even more. 

WAWAW? Supposedly. :unsure:

Edited by bradowl

This sums up just how bad things have become.

If a League Two side drew Man City at home, yes their fans would expect a beating but they'd also expect their team to give 100%, put up a fight and if they end up losing 5-0 then so be it they'll do so with heads held high knowing that their team gave their all.

We're a Championship team, with aspirations (before Christmas!) of joining City in the PL, with several players earning £20-30k pw. Yet our fans are, with perfectly good reason, genuinely expecting us to roll over and get absolutely slaughtered by an embarrassing and possibly record scoreline. 

1 hour ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Assume you didn't read my post on the next page explaining the differences did you ? 

If you cant understand the difference between a season ticket and a one off cup game against Man City reserves you need help. 

Oh sorry, got it now. So you want to start a boycott and get everyone fired up but you’ve already got your season ticket for next season? Was that the bit I missed?

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Rhodes should play, in my opinion. It appears that he is contracted until 2021 so may as well at least let him showcase what little ability he still possesses with the hope that someone takes him off our hands a year early.

Showcase his abilities against one of the best teams in Europe??

are we selling him as a lampost?

• Haha 5