Boycott the Man City game

6 minutes ago, londonowl said:

You wish. Man City always put out a decent team for FA Cup games.

Against Port Vale in 3rd round, Bernardo & David Silva, Zinchenko, Aguero, Mahrez and Gundogan all played and then for 4th round against Fulham they added Sterling, Cancelo & Otamendi.

If Monk is really up for the fight in the dressing room, only the players who he thinks are 100% committed should get to play in this. I would rather lose 9-0 with a team full of players who will give their all every week than lose 6-0 and reward those that can't be arsed the rest of the time with a start in a 'big game'.

I'd consider 0-6 a result.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Ain't gonna happen - the reason is simple.

We are good supporters.

You need to get real.  If we want to send a message, we need to get creative.    

Full crowd - who do something co-ordinated like turn their backs for 2 minutes before start of the game and for 2 minutes after kick off.

What about the front rows belongings? :ph34r:

Personally don't think we are at the boycott stage but each to their own.

If DC is in any way unclear about our situation or the feeling amongst an increasingly large proportion of the fanbase then we really are up sh!t street. 

Edited by Morepork

I am exactly the sort of person this thread is aimed at. I’ve not been for a couple of years (due mainly to having a young family and having a long commute/long hours during the week) but was probably gonna go to the City game.

I actually considered going today but saw the Luton performance (on the TV) and thought fizz paying a minimum of £33 when even the players can’t be arsed. What a wise decision that proved to be.

I still might go but the club and now the team seem to be making it increasingly impossible for people like me to go.

19 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

It’s live on bbc .... if you want to protest ..put banners at the front of the north stand and kop .....All the country can see it then...............how’s about a banner with ....”WHAT THE F##K IS GOING ON ??”

How about empty stands, thats a better protest. Save yourself some money as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, overlandandsea said:

Another one that hasnt got the point I'm trying to make. I'm talking about the gate receipt from the city game being all hes bothered about. 

It’s not a case of “not GETTING your point”.

I responded to you specifically saying, quote:- “lining his pockets”. 

If you want people to be able to “get your point”, then say exactly what you mean.

The gate receipts from the City game going into SWFC is a million miles away from DC “lining his pockets”.

23 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Both us and City to be thrown out of the cup and closed down for financial irregularities before the big day.

At least this is what I am hoping......

So let me get this right just for clarity. 

You want to see us Quote :- “closed down for financial irregularities”.

What does the ‘ap’ in apswfcowl stand for?

Absolute Plank

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

It’s not a case of “not GETTING your point”.

I responded to you specifically saying, quote:- “lining his pockets”. 

If you want people to be able to “get your point”, then say exactly what you mean.

The gate receipts from the City game going into SWFC is a million miles away from DC “lining his pockets”.

I thought it was pretty obvious that I didn't mean it would cover the £100 million losses that DC has made but okay fella if it makes you feel better. 

Just now, overlandandsea said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that I didn't mean it would cover the £100 million losses that DC has made but okay fella if it makes you feel better. 

You picked me up on it mate saying I was incapable of understanding your point. 
It doesn’t make me feel better or worse. Purely pointing out your wildly emotive & exaggerated claim that he was “lining his pockets”. 

Just now, bigthinrob said:

You picked me up on it mate saying I was incapable of understanding your point. 
It doesn’t make me feel better or worse. Purely pointing out your wildly emotive & exaggerated claim that he was “lining his pockets”. 

Like I said he would be pocketing the gate money and that's all hes bothered about. I'm well aware of the financial situation of the club and the mess we are in. It's not an exaggerated claim at all. 

• Haha 1