Season ticket holders

23 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I have renewed mine and my lads ST's.   That does not mean I am happy one iota.

I am as annoyed, as pissed off as the rest of you, but what can I do? 

I am torn, I know the club is being run badly, know the manager is turd, and I know things are not going to change quickly, but I still love my club.

Please tell me, WTF can I do?

I have bought our ST's but I have made a decision not to attend again until things change.     I hope I am attending again soon.

I think it is the problem, they know they can serve up rubbish and folk will renew, keep turning up because it's that inner passion within most of us. Said in threads this week on here that I am finally defeated on committing to a season ticket. Will undoubtedly still be turning up next season POTG but just the weekend games. It's the only way I can express my opinion on how the club is being run

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Why are you still attending? 

Why are you still renewing? 

Dc, the players, the coaches they don't care about you just bleeding you dry 

When is the final straw for you? 

I didn't go today and I didn't renew before  the deadline. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

The same thing that happened to charging the "Wednesday family" fair prices. 

See you’re back on the soapbox.

Most of the Wednesday family pay fair prices.
£20.00 on the Kop, decent kid’s prices. 

(The ones that were there today who will no doubt have committed up front). 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Flying V said:

I'm totally ticked off but I've been here over 55yrs and will keep going. 

There is no final straw. Wednesday are not my life (although it feels like it sometimes) they are a football club that I have supported through thick and thin (I know, mostly thin) since the date of my username. I have renewed and will keep going until I can't manage it anymore. To me "Wednesday till I die" is not just a glib saying.

I am soaked to the skin, cold and miserable right now but Bill Shankly was wrong football isn't  more important then life or death. Or health. Or living a life of dignity and usefulness, and with a bit of luck, love.

I'm getting a bit philosophical and emotional now but this is how I cope when things are so bad at Hillsborough, sorry.

Just now, bigthinrob said:

See you’re back on the soapbox.

Most of the Wednesday family pay fair prices.
£20.00 on the Kop, decent kid’s prices. 

(The ones that were there today who will no doubt have committed up front). 

Do soapboxes still exist? Our STs are dearer than the vast majority of clubs in the football league but hey let's ignore that because...well because they're so much cheaper than the POTG prices.

Some of us who weren't there today have committed up front too btw. 

lol

Question 1 - Because i support Sheffield Wednesday FC

Question 2 - See above

Question 3 - when i draw my final breath

hope this helps

• Like 1

Renewed last week for me and the little un. We'll stop going when we've had enough I reckon. Anyway, looking forward to the next season ticket thread where I'll give the same response. 

If you've decided not to renew or turn up then carry on, got to say though I'm bored of hearing it. Just don't come to games. It's not hard. 

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I didn't go today and I didn't renew before  the deadline. 

I’m not being funny mate and I respect your contribution to this forum, but no one gives a fu*k whether you or anyone else did or didn’t go today or whether anyone has renewed their season ticket or they haven’t.
No matter how strong the call for ‘Direct action’ or ‘Boycotts’ is touted, it is totally irrelevant. 

A:- There are the hard core who will go whatever, they see themselves as died in the wool Wednesdayites & their support is totally unconditional & not dependant on current form or anything else.

B:-Everyone knows any sort of ‘action’ is a complete joke because as soon as a corner is turned or we go on some unexpected run of form, or we unexpectedly reached the play offs

or latter stages of a cup, the ones shouting loudest for a boycott would be the ones elbowing people out of the way in the rush for tickets.

Wonder how many of the unwashed that were screaming for McCabes head & threatening never to go again are now “Blaaaades fer life”. 

18 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Who in their right mind is going to pay up front for 10 years of this. 

DC please just sell the club and let's bring some respectability back. 

Someone who has the readies & who knows they would carry on going regardless.

Also someone who is aware due to the vagaries of football, that what is the situation now, may not be the same situation next year (never mind ten years hence). 

I refer again to our unwashed neighbours from S2. Wonder how many were saying similar things 3 or 4 years ago.

Im surprised football fans are so convinced that current form is somehow always permanent.

• Thanks 1

More pertinently, why are you actually on here ?

People go because they care, it’s the most important thing in their life, irrespective of what’s going on  at the club, they turn up in their thousands, devoted and loyal.

Supporting your club is for life, though thick and thin. 

If we go down this season, do you actually think people will stop supporting the club ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've renewed for a variety of reasons. There's nothing I spend this much money on that's been so ultimately disappointing - boring even recently. It's partly habit and partly because I'm scared of missing out and partly because I go with pals and partly because I'm a Wednesdayite and have been going to games since 1972 and partly because it's my version of mindfulness, for 90 minutes wife, kids, work, family, health worries don't matter. Instead all that matters is 22 grown men kicking a bag of wind around. 

However, I don't think there's any intrinsic merit to my decision that gives me the right to slag off other people for not being as "big" a fan as I am. I can see entirely why people wouldn't renew - their finances, attitudes, families, location etc. might all be totally different from mine. And the club with performances, prices and general off field incompetence has pushed people to the limit when it comes to committing to the most expensive tickets outside the Premier League.  Each to their own. 

Edited by rickygoo

25 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

There is no final straw. Wednesday are not my life (although it feels like it sometimes) they are a football club that I have supported through thick and thin (I know, mostly thin) since the date of my username. I have renewed and will keep going until I can't manage it anymore. To me "Wednesday till I die" is not just a glib saying.

I am soaked to the skin, cold and miserable right now but Bill Shankly was wrong football isn't  more important then life or death. Or health. Or living a life of dignity and usefulness, and with a bit of luck, love.

I'm getting a bit philosophical and emotional now but this is how I cope when things are so bad at Hillsborough, sorry.

Why apologise mate ?

Why would we stop going just because the clubs in a mess. 

It’s not like it’s first time in the last 50 years, and won’t be the last. 

• Like 1

There's a breaking point. The club is getting close to it, if not already 

It's all compounded and not one issue.

A season ticket is a commitment that's means sacrifice elsewhere. To put it simply, I ain't buying a league one football season ticket, (I have in the past, before anyone jumps at me). I'm also not buying a season ticket with the FFP situation unresolved.

There was a contract when he came in. That contract was;- fans pay higher than most clubs in the division, (whilst we are in the Championship), and the club will make us the most competitive. In addition to that, once we got there it was implied season ticket prices would come down. (That's never going to happen with the 5, 10 year season tickets). Most fans commited to this contract.

One can view that the club have renegade on their part of the contract.  We aren't competitive and we are under investigation.

That's why everyone feels pee'd off.

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

And still we have Apologists trying to defend the shameful mismanagement.

Sickening.

Typical moronic response from the king of non Wednesdayites.

Asteener an apologist.

Latemodelchild an apologist.

Andy an apologist.

31st December66. an apologist.

They’re not apologists, they are something you probably struggle to recognise in your quest for smart one liners. ie proper supporters in the traditional, pre social media sense.