He has to sack him.

16 hours ago, prowl said:

Ok, sack Monk and bring in another manager. Bring Westwood back and Hutchinson. What if Hutchinson says he wont play unless he gets a new contract?

Sack him or if we cant pay up his contract and tell him he is not welcome anymore at Hillsborough.
I doubt he would actually say or do this however.

22 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

It has to be said that the likes of Shankley, Clough and Ferguson could certainly create fear in their players but at the same time they created great team spirit and a shared will to win.

Mionk is just a tin pot dictator who has created a toxic atmosphere at the club with his actions.

I really was hoping that Monk would have been kicked out by now.

Shankley and Clough managed in different eras, even Ferguson had mellowed in his attitudes toward man management towards the end.
Some of those managers man management tactics would be called bullying today.
Players have far more power than in days gone by and in many cases more power than the manager.

I wouldn't complain if Monk was moved on, performances have been alarming since Christmas but some players today have really big egos and are financially made for life so not a lot a manager can do if player has an attitude problem.

Ultimately the era is irrelevant because football management is about creating a great atmosphere and motivation thereby making the team greater than the sum of its parts.

Monk has created a toxic atmosphere at SWFC and a team lacking any sense of spirit or purpose.

His time at SWFC is done.

5 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Ultimately the era is irrelevant because football management is about creating a great atmosphere and motivation thereby making the team greater than the sum of its parts.

Monk has created a toxic atmosphere at SWFC and a team lacking any sense of spirit or purpose.

His time at SWFC is done.

It’s the toxic atmosphere that means Monk has to go, for me. A mixed bag of results, I half expected, after the steadying of the ship under Bruce, and Bullen. We know the squad has shortcomings, but the players responded to Bruce’s methods and results began to improve. Bullen took over, and continued the good work, meaning that there was a decent platform for any new manager coming in. 
In truth, there were no stand out candidates on a list of the usual suspects, and personally I’d have preferred us to take a more left field approach, perhaps looking overseas. Yes the Jos adventure didn’t work out, and maybe that put DC off, but just a bit of homework should have alerted him to some warning signs with Monk. Like Megson, he has a history of antagonising people, and public spats with his players. He takes no responsibility, and seems quick to blame others. 
The football he serves up, is so dull. As a player, having to implement those tactics week in, week out, must suck the life out of you. Of course players are paid, and paid handsomely, to carry out a coaches instructions, but I would imagine there’s not much respect for what Monk is doing right now We need a change, I’m afraid.

17 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

There we differ I really don't see what else we could offer other than playing off Fletcher and the three strikers we had available at the time have shown to me that they are not up to the standard we require what ever tactics we employed. 

What about Fletcher-Rhodes as a partnership?

I suggest you haven’t seen their record together this season? Off the scale success.

There’s a “bad run of form” and then there’s “WTF was that?” And in recent weeks we have slipped into the latter.

The fact Monk has a contract until May and hasn’t been allowed to bring in his own coaching staff means we aren’t thinking long term at the moment.

We desperately need to stay up this season and then I hope Chansiri is seriously considering if he is the right man to own this club, and if he thinks he is then have a strategy to improve things on the pitch.  Either way I’m expecting Monk to leave in May