He has to sack him.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Possibly points wise, I do, although I was never in favour of such a one dimensional approach, our squad offers the possibility of so much more 

There we differ I really don't see what else we could offer other than playing off Fletcher and the three strikers we had available at the time have shown to me that they are not up to the standard we require what ever tactics we employed. 

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

There we differ I really don't see what else we could offer other than playing off Fletcher and the three strikers we had available at the time have shown to me that they are not up to the standard we require what ever tactics we employed. 

We probably do have differing ideas, and there’s nothing wrong with that. My main gripe is how he uses our creative players, using Bannan in a two is ridiculous, he isn’t the player who goes from box to box You lose so much playing him there As for playing Forestieri at left wing back, words fail me

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We probably do have differing ideas, and there’s nothing wrong with that. My main gripe is how he uses our creative players, using Bannan in a two is ridiculous, he isn’t the player who goes from box to box You lose so much playing him there As for playing Forestieri at left wing back, words fail me

Yeah I can't defend him with those choices and Pelupessy is not the answer alongside Bannan.  If I was Monk I'd swallow my pride and bring back Hutch.  

Guest LondonOwl313
25 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There are many ways you can define progress, and you’d expect to see early signs of that by now. Of course we wouldn’t be the finished article, probably nowhere near it, but you would expect to see those early shoots 

I don’t generally call for the head of a manager, I didn’t call for Carlos to go. Agree that managers need time, and Bruce would have been given time However, when a manager shows no signs that he is getting a handle on things, you start to think that giving him time, is actually wasting time. Should we have persisted in Jos? For me, I see some of the same worrying signs as I saw with the Dutchman, and he inherited far more problems. The football is equally terrible, there’s again the falling out with players, and that’s before you look at the results, which have been terrible of late.

Agree.. for me it's not really about the results in themselves.. if Bruce had gone on a similar run I'd think he'd need time. Where Monk loses it for me is tactics, style of play and particularly man management. Even if he thinks KW, SH or anyone else is poo and he's going to get rid of them, what you don't do is bin your players off in December or January... you hold your tongue, get the best out of them while they're here then at the end of their contracts or during the transfer window you say thanks but you're free to leave. He has a habit of falling out with people and it's not useful to us.

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Agree.. for me it's not really about the results in themselves.. if Bruce had gone on a similar run I'd think he'd need time. Where Monk loses it for me is tactics, style of play and particularly man management. Even if he thinks KW, SH or anyone else is poo and he's going to get rid of them, what you don't do is bin your players off in December or January... you hold your tongue, get the best out of them while they're here then at the end of their contracts or during the transfer window you say thanks but you're free to leave. He has a habit of falling out with people and it's not useful to us.

Unless you are transfer listing them for the January window expecting them to leave.

You have to tell them.

It's not Monks fault either deals fell through or no one wanted them.

Chansiri has probably told him he has to cut the wage bill immediately.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Unless you are transfer listing them for the January window expecting them to leave.

You have to tell them.

It's not Monks fault either deals fell through or no one wanted them.

Chansiri has probably told him he has to cut the wage bill immediately.

Even still, you talk to them and say you're free to find another club in the window... but if you stay I want you to fight for your place and you're available for selection. You don't send them to train with the kids. It's totally Monk's fault on how he's handled this... it's basic people skills. Can't really see it being Chansiri ordering them to leave because he explicitly said that wasn't a factor under Jos. We have a budget and KW was only given the new contract in the summer so why would we suddenly need him off the wage bill

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Even still, you talk to them and say you're free to find another club in the window... but if you stay I want you to fight for your place and you're available for selection. You don't send them to train with the kids. It's totally Monk's fault on how he's handled this... it's basic people skills. Can't really see it being Chansiri ordering them to leave because he explicitly said that wasn't a factor under Jos. We have a budget and KW was only given the new contract in the summer so why would we suddenly need him off the wage bill

Sick of it. How do you know he didn't say that? How do you know how Hutch reacted.

KW had to release a statement because idiots were simply fabricating their own truths.

Just stop it FFS.

As for budget. We weren't in the mire with the EFL in the summer were we. We are now and I'm guessing bad news is on its way.

LondonOwl 313 hits the nail on the head when he says that the freezing out could have been avoided.

It is all down to Monks' inability to man-manage.

Looking around I was one of the few still in the ground at the final whistl of the Wednesday 0 Blackburn 5 result.

Hutchinson came on at half time and I thought he was our best player.

Guest LondonOwl313
16 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Sick of it. How do you know he didn't say that? How do you know how Hutch reacted.

KW had to release a statement because idiots were simply fabricating their own truths.

Just stop it FFS.

As for budget. We weren't in the mire with the EFL in the summer were we. We are now and I'm guessing bad news is on its way.

Dude you’re the one who’s making stuff up basically saying the players need to go mid season.. it’s pretty clear the manager hasn’t handled this well even if you’d like certain players to leave

Oh silly me.. didn’t realise that we were totally fine with FFP until now.. I thought it has been going on years

3 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Are you really saying that Garry Monk is the second coming of Fergie? FFS, next you will be saying Pelupessy is the second coming of Makalele.

Monk couldn't cum in a big sock looking at a picture of Debbie Harry from 1979 in a Basque, stockings and thigh high boots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Who says they are training with the U23s. More speculation. Has the club officially confirmed this or are you using twatter and owlstalk as your source?

In the summer did DC realise we were going to be hammered by the EFL... No. He thought we were out of embargo. If he does nothing now we are fizzed next season. Do you not understand this simple fact????

Sick if this herd mentality, where an unsubstantiated rumour becomes fact. It was a trick used by Goebbels in WW2, repeat the lie often enough it becomes fact.

Wake up FFS and think for a minute.

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Dude you’re the one who’s making stuff up basically saying the players need to go mid season.. it’s pretty clear the manager hasn’t handled this well even if you’d like certain players to leave

Oh silly me.. didn’t realise that we were totally fine with FFP until now.. I thought it has been going on years

There you go then. Easy to do isn't it?

Weren't we supposed out of embargo in the summer or did I imagine that?

Now with the EFL charge we are going to hammered and he has to take action now.

Wake up FFS

It has to be said that the likes of Shankley, Clough and Ferguson could certainly create fear in their players but at the same time they created great team spirit and a shared will to win.

Mionk is just a tin pot dictator who has created a toxic atmosphere at the club with his actions.

I really was hoping that Monk would have been kicked out by now.