He has to sack him.

13 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Pigeon would be more Wednesday’s style.

The image of the two pigeons happily walking around the pitch during the match will live with me forever. Looked like they were going to get it on at one point which would have been the only action we’d have seen all afternoon. Abysmal basket-case club.

There are other managers who I am sure who would be preparted to take over now until the end of the season, e.g. Warnock, Megson, Mark Hughes and who knows maybe even Big Sam.

A job until the end of the season could work well for both parties to see if they like one another.

If you don't ask in life you don't get.

1 minute ago, Owls Loyal said:

There are other managers who I am sure who would be preparted to take over now until the end of the season, e.g. Warnock, Megson, Mark Hughes and who knows maybe even Big Sam.

A job until the end of the season could work well for both parties to see if they like one another.

Depends on what is expected, and what is realistically achievable Is it worth paying any of that lot, big salaries just to secure a mid table place. We won’t get promotion, Monk or Bullen should be able to keep is the division.

I’m not saying I’d want Monk or Bullen in charge, beyond the end of the season. Given that Monk is so divisive with the players, the one thing that could probably send us down, I’d let Bullen lead us through until the end of the season. He’s a steadier hand than Monk, if not the man to take us forward 

13 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Mark Hughes isn’t a bad idea actually, he’s got the ego to sort our players attitude out.  And he’s been able to make sides hard to beat and hard working in the past.  Again, wouldn’t be against that compared to others that would get touted. 

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So every time we hit a bad patch do we automatically sack the manager going forward?

What are the parameters?  Five games without a win we panic and pull the plug?

Would hep the incoming manager, give him an idea of when to start getting his bag ready?

It’s more than just results though, although ultimately of course, it would be My opinion of Monk hasn’t changed really, from when we were third top. There was nothing to suggest we could sustain that level. By the same token, finding ourselves 12th, following a poor run of results, wouldn’t necessarily panic me. What concerns me, is the manner of many of those defeats, and Monk’s reaction to them Had that been handled in a more thoughtful manner, and then sorted out at the end of the season when contracts ran out, then I think I’d have had more confidence in Monk taking us forward. This level of upheaval could have been avoided.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s more than just results though, although ultimately of course, it would be My opinion of Monk hasn’t changed really, from when we were third top. There was nothing to suggest we could sustain that level. By the same token, finding ourselves 12th, following a poor run of results, wouldn’t necessarily panic me. What concerns me, is the manner of many of those defeats, and Monk’s reaction to them Had that been handled in a more thoughtful manner, and then sorted out at the end of the season when contracts ran out, then I think I’d have had more confidence in Monk taking us forward. This level of upheaval could have been avoided.

Not answering my questions though.

I wasn't happy with Monks appointment in the first place but this constant sacking of managers can't be good for the long term of the club and the more it goes on the quicker we are as fans to pull the trigger.

Instead of suggesting names for the next manager, fans should be suggesting names for the next two appointments.   Seems a six month contract will all be thats offered. 

34 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Megson, Hughes and Big Sam were all available the last time the job was up for grabs and didn't either didn't apply or weren't approached. what makes you think they would be interested 4 months down the line???

We cannot keep swapping managers. Somehow we need to get to the end of the season with our championship status in tact and hopefully the shadow of any points deduction gone. Hopefully then the trouble causers can be cleared out and some of Monks own players can be brought in. 

If we are still in this position after say 15 games next season then maybe we should look to change but I don't think a knee jerk reaction is the answer

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not answering my questions though.

I wasn't happy with Monks appointment in the first place but this constant sacking of managers can't be good for the long term of the club and the more it goes on the quicker we are as fans to pull the trigger.

Instead of suggesting names for the next manager, fans should be suggesting names for the next two appointments.   Seems a six month contract will all be thats offered. 

I would adhere to thank way of thinking when it comes to managerial appointments, but there is no point in keeping someone in place who is obviously a bad fit, just because his appointment followed on from two other short tenures

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I would adhere to thank way of thinking when it comes to managerial appointments, but there is no point in keeping someone in place who is obviously a bad fit, just because his appointment followed on from two other short tenures

What happens if your wrong and he's not a bad fit and it is just a bad patch? Many managers have experienced one and gone on to progress with the same club.

If next season we are in a mid table position and the managers reactions are matching your standard will you be calling for his head? 

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What happens if your wrong and he's not a bad fit and it is just a bad patch? Many managers have experienced one and gone on to progress with the same club.

If next season we are in a mid table position and the managers reactions are matching your standard will you be calling for his head? 

If we are building, and making progress, then no 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

If we are building, and making progress, then no 

How do you define progress when we aren't pushing for promotion?  

My point is that fans aren't allowing for time, it has to success NOW at all costs.  You come across as patient if you think the right personnel are in place but so so many aren't prepared to be patient.  

27 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How do you define progress when we aren't pushing for promotion?  

My point is that fans aren't allowing for time, it has to success NOW at all costs.  You come across as patient if you think the right personnel are in place but so so many aren't prepared to be patient.  

There are many ways you can define progress, and you’d expect to see early signs of that by now. Of course we wouldn’t be the finished article, probably nowhere near it, but you would expect to see those early shoots 

I don’t generally call for the head of a manager, I didn’t call for Carlos to go. Agree that managers need time, and Bruce would have been given time However, when a manager shows no signs that he is getting a handle on things, you start to think that giving him time, is actually wasting time. Should we have persisted in Jos? For me, I see some of the same worrying signs as I saw with the Dutchman, and he inherited far more problems. The football is equally terrible, there’s again the falling out with players, and that’s before you look at the results, which have been terrible of late.

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So every time we hit a bad patch do we automatically sack the manager going forward?

What are the parameters?  Five games without a win we panic and pull the plug?

Would hep the incoming manager, give him an idea of when to start getting his bag ready?

You've bit, its half-term, these ridiculous threads will be gone in a week. 

Don't feed them, they've got a lot of football manager to play whilst they're off. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There are many ways you can define progress, and you’d expect to see early signs of that by now. Of course we wouldn’t be the finished article, probably nowhere near it, but you would expect to see those early shoots 

I don’t generally call for the head of a manager, I didn’t call for Carlos to go. Agree that managers need time, and Bruce would have been given time However, when a manager shows no signs that he is getting a handle on things, you start to think that giving him time, is actually wasting time. Should we have persisted in Jos? For me, I see some of the same worrying signs as I saw with the Dutchman, and he inherited far more problems. The football is equally terrible, there’s again the falling out with players, and that’s before you look at the results, which have been terrible of late.

Do you think if having  Fletcher still in the team that we would be better off point wise?  Like you I was never convinced that we would get in the playoffs. And the attacking players Monk has at his disposal was dismal and would have taken a very good manager to have made it work.

I have to say that I agree far more with Gurujuan than Inspector Lestrade in this debate.

Before Christmas Monk won some games and got the team to third in the division as we all know.  But the football was dire and dreadful to watch.

Since Christmas the fotball has again been dire but now the team is losing games heavily even to average teams in the bottom half of the table.

We have one win in ten games and 5 points out of a possible 30.

At no stage have I heard Moink talk about a vision of how he wants the team to play and that is evidenced on the pich where formation and selections have been constantly changing.

On top of this he has created a toxic atmosphere at the club which will only end in one outcome: the sack.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Do you think if having  Fletcher still in the team that we would be better off point wise?  Like you I was never convinced that we would get in the playoffs. And the attacking players Monk has at his disposal was dismal and would have taken a very good manager to have made it work.

Possibly points wise, I do, although I was never in favour of such a one dimensional approach, our squad offers the possibility of so much more