He has to sack him.

12 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

We've needed another central midfielder, with a physical presence since 2016.

Jos tried to answer this with Pellupesy, Bruce didn't answer it. Bullen brought in Luongo, who is smaller than Pellupesy. 

Monk ignores the situation and then falls out with Hutchinson and does not replace him. What ever happened could not have been a surprise as Jos and Bullen must have the same problem with Hutch last season.

Those times are long gone. It is all about quicknes, how fast midfielder can close down and how fast he can bring ball under control.

The thing is I just can’t see where the next win is coming from, and it’s rare I’ve ever felt like that supporting us. We’d always have a small glimmer of hope, or suck the ball in at the kop end, but we have no match winners in the squad and look a million miles away from even scoring. 

We’re left with FF to try and pull something out his backside, which again rarely comes off. The next few months along with a potential FFP decision are going to be heavy 

1 minute ago, malek said:

Those times are long gone. It is all about quicknes, how fast midfielder can close down and how fast he can bring ball under control.

No, football is a simple game, always has been always will be. 

W1ld3r has Lundrom playing in a midfield in the Premier League. So I was told, he was a centre back who could not get a game there last season in the Championship. 

He's now a Premier League box to box midfielder with a physical presence, who keeps knocking in goals to boot. 

That's too simple for Wednesday though, bringing in players with a physical presence into midfield. That's Dinosaur football. 

Just now, Ozymandias Owl said:

No, football is a simple game, always has been always will be. 

W1ld3r has Lundrom playing in a midfield in the Premier League. So I was told, he was a centre back who could not get a game there last season in the Championship. 

He's now a Premier League box to box midfielder with a physical presence, who keeps knocking in goals to boot. 

That's too simple for Wednesday though, bringing in players with a physical presence into midfield. That's Dinosaur football. 

Lundstram has always been a midfielder.

Look at Fleck and Norwood if you want to see what a successful midfielder in the Championship currently looks like. 

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Lundstram has always been a midfielder.

Look at Fleck and Norwood if you want to see what a successful midfielder in the Championship currently looks like. 

I'll stand corrected then, as I only go on what I'm told, not on what I see. I can't watch them, unless they are losing, but Lundstrom isn't no shrinking violet from what I've seen. The fantasy premier league game also have him down as CB btw.

At the end of the day, I don't accept football's changed dramatically beyond what Big Ron put together in midfield at Wednesday. If you're going to play Sheridan, you need a Carlton Palmer. If your going to play Paul Scholes you need a Roy Kean. Liverpool are going to win the title with Jordan Henderson in midfield. 

Henderson, Keane, Palmer, all have a physical presence, and all can get up and down the field. Without movement, passing is useless.

This is the problem which remains unsolved at Wednesday. The team has no spine and no physical presence in midfield. 

What scares me most is I think this goes beyond a few players a bit out of form. 

For me, there is a lack of effort, a lack of proper care/consideration when they are stepping onto that pitch. Too many players are just going through the motions, can't even be bothered to do the absolute basics of a professional footballer. 

The sort of stuff we are producing is so bad. You'd be hard pressed to find a worst performing team in any of the four professional divisions right now. It is that bad. 

Just now, SiJ said:

What scares me most is I think this goes beyond a few players a bit out of form. 

For me, there is a lack of effort, a lack of proper care/consideration when they are stepping onto that pitch. Too many players are just going through the motions, can't even be bothered to do the absolute basics of a professional footballer. 

The sort of stuff we are producing is so bad. You'd be hard pressed to find a worst performing team in any of the four professional divisions right now. It is that bad. 

So why isnt DC terminating their contracts then? 

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I'll stand corrected then, as I only go on what I'm told, not on what I see. I can't watch them, unless they are losing, but Lundstrom isn't no shrinking violet from what I've seen. The fantasy premier league game also have him down as CB btw.

At the end of the day, I don't accept football's changed dramatically beyond what Big Ron put together in midfield at Wednesday. If you're going to play Sheridan, you need a Carlton Palmer. If your going to play Paul Scholes you need a Roy Kean. Liverpool are going to win the title with Jordan Henderson in midfield. 

Henderson, Keane, Palmer, all have a physical presence, and all can get up and down the field. Without movement, passing is useless.

This is the problem which remains unsolved at Wednesday. The team has no spine and no physical presence in midfield. 

And that lack of presence, what I call a midfield monster, has been lacking for years. 

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

So why isnt DC terminating their contracts then? 

When was the last time you recall a football club terminating a player's contract for under performing? 

I can't think of one. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

When was the last time you recall a football club terminating a player's contract for under performing? 

I can't think of one. 

It would never hold up legally. It would take a player doing something extreme and deliberate, like running the length of the pitch to score an own goal. 

The player would drag the club through the courts saying he was following the instructions of the manager and/or was being let down by team mates. 

Performance in football is quite subjective. 

5 hours ago, Beholder said:

Mind's changed.

Monk won't turn this around. 

I can understand your assessment but just wonder....................

What would it achieve ?- he’s had one transfer window, no pre season and, I believe, not been able to bring any staff with him

How would a new manager change the attitude in the dressing room ? Remember Jos tried sort of out and failed. The similarities are there to be seen.

And the big one - Who ? Who is going to take this lot on ?
Oh I’m far from happy. The style and formations are not what I like - but like Jos - is there a reason for it ?

I think Monk has something about him. Whether freezing out Hutch and Westwood is the right decision is probably not something we will ever know because we don't know what actually goes on but at some point, we have to back a manager and if nothing else, Monk at least looks up for the fight. 

I reckon if he started with an empty dressing room and had to put a squad together, he would put together the kind of team I would approve of! One with some heart and desire. I don't think either Jos or Carlos would put together a better team than Monk with a blank piece of paper to start with. Bruce probably would but we aren't going to get a manager of Bruce's quality and if we do, they will be gone as soon as a better offer comes in.

If only we hadn't been so bloody awful since he took over!

27 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

And I believe that you are right, but not that we lack "big fella" in central midfield, but rather partnership, players who will complement each other in what in my opinion is a key area for every side. Palmer wasn't great player because he was a big fella, but he understood what Sheridan needed to bring the best out of him.

Sacking Monk maybe our fortunes turn around in the short term - but long term the same issues will still be present. We need a massive clean out. Bye bye Hutchinson - Westwood - Bannan - Fessi - Rhodes - Winnall - Joey to name a few.  Our recruiting needs a massive overhaul. Smaller contracts and no more buying players who are looking for a retirement package. People running the club need to review everything because clearly they are not doing a very good job either.

A massive points reduction could be a big blow but might also be the reason this clubs starts again from the bottom and does it properly for once. I'm always reminded in these situations of the saying - "Things are never good as they seem and things are never as bad they seem". 

58 minutes ago, OwlsAustralia said:

Sacking Monk maybe our fortunes turn around in the short term - but long term the same issues will still be present. We need a massive clean out. Bye bye Hutchinson - Westwood - Bannan - Fessi - Rhodes - Winnall - Joey to name a few.  Our recruiting needs a massive overhaul. Smaller contracts and no more buying players who are looking for a retirement package. People running the club need to review everything because clearly they are not doing a very good job either.

A massive points reduction could be a big blow but might also be the reason this clubs starts again from the bottom and does it properly for once. I'm always reminded in these situations of the saying - "Things are never good as they seem and things are never as bad they seem". 

What are you on about, putting Bannan in that list.

Its a list of players who are not healthy enough, or disciplined enough, or good enough to play regularly. Bannan is a model pro who might not be firing, but boy he doesn’t deserve bracketing with the players who barely play.

5 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

His record is similar. Can’t be any worse.:1276983839_MonkHome:

Jos Luhukay's last 10 games, whilst playing awful negative football and stubbornly refusing to pick experienced players :
W1 D2 L7

Garry Monk's last 10 games, whilst playing awful negative football and stubbornly refusing to pick experienced players :
W1 D2 L7

Jos finally gets the push, those players come back in and results instantly improve. Just saying...

8 hours ago, davey_wells said:

I dont have a major problem with Monk - but there is zero point in him being in charge of this set of players. He's lost them - not a hope in hell of addressing the mess and we will plummet with every passing game.

That's the crux of it. The mardy players win!