He has to sack him.

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Call this BS but mate says Hutch was in the builders merchants last week picking up a few bits. When asked how things are he said he was getting his house ready for sale and is looking at a move back down south. Also said Westwood has had a bust up with Monk as he refused to be on the bench. 

Interestingly a lass who was sat in the row behind us was saying she gets complimentary tickets as she is employed by the club. Someone said, go on then, tell all about how things have gone so badly so quickly and she said, I can’t, everyone is tied by a confidentiality clause.

Not saying you're wrong, but Hutchinson in the builder's merchant? Be amazed if he knew where they were. Surely he could afford a builder to sort it for him. Unless he was bored and fancied a bit of diy. 

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Call this BS but mate says Hutch was in the builders merchants last week picking up a few bits. When asked how things are he said he was getting his house ready for sale and is looking at a move back down south. Also said Westwood has had a bust up with Monk as he refused to be on the bench. 

Interestingly a lass who was sat in the row behind us was saying she gets complimentary tickets as she is employed by the club. Someone said, go on then, tell all about how things have gone so badly so quickly and she said, I can’t, everyone is tied by a confidentiality clause.

Clearly not Hutch though

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Maybe your right. So we sit there and look at the dessert menu as the ship goes down?

For me with the current playing staff it’s a poker game.

Like most footballers they'll expect the natural result of poor form is the manager gets the chop.

Eventually they’ll have to accept he’s here for the foreseeable and if they don’t put the performances on they’ll be out in their arse come July. He’s laid it out for them, that’s the reality as it stands. 

Heard a story about Bobby Robson at Ipswich before he got it right. Everyone was touting him for the sack, owners called him in and slid a new contract under his nose and told him they believed he had it in him to be a success.

The debate of whether Monk’s way is the best way should’ve been done in his interview and not 6 months into the job.

Edited by NeonLeon

Unfortunately I don’t think Monk will see out the season. Whether you agree with what’s happening at the club or not there is a time at every club when a dressing room is lost and confidence has gone. It’s at this point that a change has to be made before it’s too late. A new manager may just give the players enough lift to get us to the end of the season in a positive position. I’m wary right now that any points deduction could relegate us. DC needs to do everything in his power to mitigate this.

Act now and get in a manager till the end of the season. Sounds short-term but that’s all we can do at present. The Summer is when I expect most action to take place, starting by getting rid of the players that are becoming the cancer of the club. Then with a new manager it’s easier to start afresh. 

Unfortunately with DC at the top of the tree we are not going to get the clean break we all want.

Monk has to go.

We are on the verge of a relegation dogfight & our lads don’t look to have enough heart to dig their way out.

Monk is hamstrung by the shambolic set up of the club but that’s not enough to save him.

Action has to be taken to ensure championship survival.

If that means looking no further than the short term & bringing Westwood & Hutch then so be it.

All this chat of ‘losing the dressing room’ ‘poison’ ‘undermining the manager’ isn’t really here or there.

Chansiri should make Championship survival his priority but instead he’s on holiday again. Bored of Sheffield Wednesday and seemingly neglecting his obligations to the club.

As others have said we can’t change the squad at this point but we can bring in a manager to hopefully provide a lift in performance between now & May.

He won’t come back but Stuart Gray would be ideal in these circumstances.

Once we know we’ve stayed up we can plan for the medium to long term.

We won’t though.

It’s heart breaking to see players don’t give a flying f00k.

Second to almost every ball, passes going astray, no desire, no pride. Everyone of them should hang their heads in shame. 

I was thinking when watching the Luton game in midweek that it summed up the last 20 years. 

Out battled and out fought by a limited side and not giving a damn. Mercenaries becoming millionaires on the back of abject failure. 

The best managers in the world would struggle with these wasters. 

16 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Like most footballers they'll expect the natural result of poor form is the manager gets the chop.

Eventually they’ll have to accept he’s here for the foreseeable and if they don’t put the performances on they’ll be out in their arse come July. He’s laid it out for them, that’s the reality as it stands. 

Heard a story about Bobby Robson at Ipswich before he got it right. Everyone was touting him for the sack, owners called him in and slid a new contract under his nose and told him they believed he had it in him to be a success.

The debate of whether Monk’s way is the best way should’ve been done in his interview and not 6 months into the job.

I understand what your saying about the Manager v player power, but the problem is the downside to the gamble is League One football and I don't see anything in his three loan moves which tells me he knows what the problem is, never mind the answer to the problem. In fact accommodating the new players seems to have made things worse. 

I had confidence in his methods on the pitch, upto the point of the incoming loan signings. 

13 minutes ago, alfonso123 said:

Don't feel like defending Monk, but the bloke never had a prayer.

Dropped in on his own, amongst this bolshie shower of Shi'ite, with none of his own backroom team, and an owner/chairman who promptly disappeared.

It was only ever gonna end one way.

He's just blazed money on three loan signings which don't solve the problem in midfield.

This will get him sacked. 

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I understand what your saying about the Manager v player power, but the problem is the downside to the gamble is League One football and I don't see anything in his three loan moves which tells me he knows what the problem is, never mind the answer to the problem. In fact accommodating the new players seems to have made things worse. 

I had confidence in his methods on the pitch, upto the point of the incoming loan signings. 

I agree but the club are to blame for the loan signings in my opinion.

Da Cruz seems like a gamble that wasn’t meant to play as much as he has done. Windass and Wickham definitely fill the gaps we went into January needing to fill. But we took that long to get anything done that our needs changed alot.

Looking back we needed another central midfielder and probably another full back. On top of that we needed to move out at least 3 or 4 too. 

Edited by NeonLeon

Didn’t want to see Monk appointed, but in sacking him now, are we not just taking a leap of faith that anyone is better than him and we’ll benefit from a dead cat bounce?  Personally, I have no confidence in our ability to attract / appoint a manager of sufficient calibre until we put our house in order.

I can’t quite believe I’m saying this, but we might as well stick with Monk till the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I agree but the club are to blame for the loan signings in my opinion.

Da Cruz seems like a gamble that wasn’t meant to play as much as he has done. Windass and Wickham definitely fill the gaps we went into January needing to fill. But we took that long to get anything done that our needs changed alot.

Looking back we needed another central midfielder and probably another full back. On top of that we needed to move out at least 3 or 4 too. 

We've needed another central midfielder, with a physical presence since 2016.

Jos tried to answer this with Pellupesy, Bruce didn't answer it. Bullen brought in Luongo, who is smaller than Pellupesy. 

Monk ignores the situation and then falls out with Hutchinson and does not replace him. What ever happened could not have been a surprise as Jos and Bullen must have the same problem with Hutch last season.

Just now, Ozymandias Owl said:

We've needed another central midfielder, with a physical presence since 2016.

Jos tried to answer this with Pellupesy, Bruce didn't answer it. Bullen brought in Luongo, who is smaller than Pellupesy. 

Monk ignores the situation and then falls out with Hutchinson and does not replace him. What ever happened could not have been a surprise as Jos and Bullen must have the same problem with Hutch last season.

How can Monk ignore it? Is he in charge of transfers all of a sudden? When did that happen?

44 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

At monk's unveiling DC looked like a bloated disinterested onlooker.. I doubt that there was a constructive interview.

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

How can Monk ignore it? Is he in charge of transfers all of a sudden? When did that happen?

Well if we're saying Spectre are still in charge of the transfers then there's no hope for us, but the lack of any coherent strategy to those signings certainly suggests they are. 

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

At monk's unveiling DC looked like a bloated disinterested onlooker.. I doubt that there was a constructive interview.

That’s what I was half hinting at.

Same with Jos. I said the same at the time with him. Why appoint a manager then spend his entire tenure bemoaning his style?