He has to sack him.

I think any normal chairman would probably sack Monk. But we don’t have one of those

I genuinely believe he won’t even have a clue what’s going off. We will more likely get a midnight statement having a go at the fans. 

I don’t think sacking Monk is the answer to our problems. I’d be more inclined to sack the back room staff and let him bring 3/4 of his own guys in. 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

The owner needs to get his backside straight back to Sheffield.

For his and our sake.. most will say he should keep away but he's all we've got for a leader as things stand.

Get back and sort this bloody mess out.

Totally agree but some how don't think he will.

31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just listening to his interview. He really doesn’t sound arsed. We have just lost at home 3v0 to Reading. A team that have won something like 1 in 7. 

cant find the interview, link please

12 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I think any normal chairman would probably sack Monk. But we don’t have one of those

I genuinely believe he won’t even have a clue what’s going off. We will more likely get a midnight statement having a go at the fans. 

I don’t think sacking Monk is the answer to our problems. I’d be more inclined to sack the back room staff and let him bring 3/4 of his own guys in. 

Sacking him is exactly what is needed. He has no passion or commitment to this club. He has bizarrely frozen out our best players with no explanation. He has no clue how to win a match. 

Honestly, I can’t see where our next goal is coming from, never mind our next point. 

No team, in any division, should be getting only 5 points from 10 matches. Things should never get this bad. We need fresh ideas. 

Edited by snaykz

The chairman should decide to back Monk or the players.

He should get them alltogether, you listen to the manager and do what he says or you dont, in which case you will be transfer listed and wont play again. Players staying stand that side, those wishing to leave stand that side. Or he sacks Monk. Job done.

He needs to draw a line under it.

Then he should sack himself.

He needs to show some leadership for once.

20 minutes ago, 0114 said:

It's an interesting point, does monk have any of his own staff? 

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

The chairman should decide to back Monk or the players.

He should get them alltogether, you listen to the manager and do what he says or you dont, in which case you will be transfer listed and wont play again. Players staying stand that side, those wishing to leave stand that side. Or he sacks Monk. Job done.

He needs to draw a line under it.

Then he should sack himself.

He needs to show some leadership for once.

I think the players out of contract know they won’t be renewed and have downed tools. 

32 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

The 2 who are prepared to cause this mess............should be 100% irrespective of the manager............the fans give it every week and have for many years..........these 2 give 0% and dis respect the club & fans

You’re forming an opinion from one side of things. We don’t have a proper defensive midfielder and Westwood is still better than Dawson. 

Monk basically said what the problem was in the interview.

He has pre-empted summer before we've got there. 

He's basically shown his hand and demotivated the whole squad.

Football management 101 right there. 

Edited by Beholder