Where is the owner?

6 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

@Royal_D do you dictate your posts?

just wondered how you manage to clap & type at the same time. 

What am I clapping about like ?  Think you will find I was just as angry as the rest at Hillsborough today 

I just find it a bit bizarre that some people constantly slate others for been happy clappers or whatever and sit behind there phones/keyboards doing nothing, if you want change if you want rid of the owner do summat about it don’t just sit on owlstalk gobbing off like you know all the answers and we’re all just thick , and it’s our fault for accepting mediocrity 

Pathetic 

15 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

So, are we finally going to unite as a fan base and say DC is not delivering ?

Or are the usual suspects going to carry on blaming the fans, the weather, anything but the man in charge ?

Chansiri picked a manager who is struggling. It's happened before at every other club in the country. Either he (Monk) will come out of this fighting or he wont (likely wont). DC has backed him as he has every other manager hes employed. DC has shown that, despite being late in his decisions he has no qualms with sacking managers who dont perform. 

As a chairman I'm not sure what more you can ask for? Ultimately the responsibility for the team rests with the manager. Hr picks the players. He motivates them. He signs them (presumably).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

As a chairman I'm not sure what more you can ask for?

Quite possibly the most deluded post of the weekend so far.

The Chairman is failing in every aspect of his role and responsibilities.

Do some research, and then tell me we should not ask for more of DC.

Edited by Mr Farrell

11 hours ago, kingsidney said:

It’s not the money for him. He’s a control freak. 

don’t think he’s capable of changing. 

Wants to comnrol every aspect of the club,wont put football people in place to run the club properly. He is just throwing good money after bad. 

13 hours ago, Grandad said:

Yeah sorry. I was trying to be humorous. Its been a while. Sorry...

You did make we question myself though and I even went and looked at my Twitter. 136 posts in Feb (I was amazed and not a little disappointed by that)

4 of them mentioned the Chairman. I can see how that gave rise to your claim that me blaming the Chairman is 'all over my Twitter feed'

Anyway. Regardless of that. Its nice to be chatting again. I genuinely missed you xx

Brilliant response. Owned him lol

We are now no further forward than when Chansiri came to the club, in fact we are worse off as we are stuck with big earners on contracts who are not performing, we are paying Premier League prices to watch absolute garbage on the pitch and we have been lumbering from embargo to embargo as we head towards the defining moment in our season as we go up against the EFL in our FFP dispute.

I don’t like saying any of the above, I have always given Chansiri the benefit of the doubt. He took us to within a whisker of the Premier League, he has put millions of his own money into the club and I believe he has always been well intentioned.

BUT recruitment and player turnover wise the club has clearly got a hell of a lot wrong and should we be hit with anything above a 9 point deduction, given our fixtures in March I firmly believe we will be back in the third division next season. 

We are going backwards as a club.

Edited by TrickyTrev

13 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Is a f.ookin' must....because once Chansiri goes...we will need it in spades...

We need DC to sell the club to someone who already has a football club or 2 that are run properly and we can buy/loan players from and too. Sort of like Watford do. When a player doesn't work out there, they simply move them to Grenada or Udinese for cash. Ideally Red Bull would buy us and we use the same model as they do at the other clubs they own. 

Unfortunately it may take time to sort us out. Do our fans have the patience to wait anymore?

2 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Unfortunately it may take time to sort us out. Do our fans have the patience to wait anymore?

I think this depends hugely on what division we find ourselves in next season.

If we get relegated many fans will (quite rightly) judge DC’s time at the club a disaster.

16 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I don't care where he is. Makes shït decisions anyway. 

His decisions & cash got us to 2 play offs. 

It was his decision to hire the best manager since Atkinson.

It wasn't his decision to let him go to his boyhood team in the Prem.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I think this depends hugely on what division we find ourselves in next season.

If we get relegated many fans will (quite rightly) judge DC’s time at the club a disaster.

Sorry i meant if had new owners.

I feel DC would struggle to sell the club for the money he will want if we are relegated.

I like DC as a person, but like others think it is time for him to sell up. I don't think it is through lack of trying, It's a shame his hands have been tied to an extent by FFP. Although I also think his stubborness has cost us. I'm all for getting a fair price, but going above that has contributed towards the position we are in now. 

9 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

What's to laugh at @Mr Farrell

All factual.

Factors such as price rises are poor, but not responsible for our current league run & position.

Bruce leaving in July was. Sorry if doesn't suit you Anti-Chansiri agenda. But it's the truth.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Chansiri picked a manager who is struggling. It's happened before at every other club in the country. Either he (Monk) will come out of this fighting or he wont (likely wont). DC has backed him as he has every other manager hes employed. DC has shown that, despite being late in his decisions he has no qualms with sacking managers who dont perform. 

As a chairman I'm not sure what more you can ask for? Ultimately the responsibility for the team rests with the manager. Hr picks the players. He motivates them. He signs them (presumably).

When you’ve got fans posting utter garbage like this it makes you just want to give up

i’ve been posting about DC on them Wednesday sing’ for donkeys. But get an absolute battering if I say owt negative about our supreme leader. A large proportion of our fan base are utterly clueless and/or deluded 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

TBF success hangs by a thin thread.

If Bruce had stayed, who knows?

In addition, who would have credited United with their recent rags to riches story?

Not so long ago they were a basket case in the 3rd Division pub league - with owners involved in litigation. No chance of resurrection I would have thought. Complete no hopers.

A scenario equal to ours at the moment.

It’s a funny old game.