Where is the owner?

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Who manages things at the club on a day to day basis?

Meire went and we haven't replaced her. 

He either wants out or he can't be arsed anymore and is happy to let the whole thing drift. 

She didnt run it day to day when she was here

I think his summer holiday to America when we didn’t have a manager and his holiday now sums up his dedication to managing our club. He’s done with it, and is protecting his investment as much as possible by taking on the EFL. 

Just got to hope the punishment isn’t too severe for when he puts us up for sale.  

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think his summer holiday to America when we didn’t have a manager and his holiday now sums up his dedication to managing our club. He’s done with it, and is protecting his investment as much as possible by taking on the EFL. 

Just got to hope the punishment isn’t too severe for when he puts us up for sale.  

I agree.

For a guy with no electronic communication devices he would be wise today within walking distance of all the people he needs to talk to.

8 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

His body language when Monk was unveiled was somewhat telling. 

Looked like he couldn't be arsed. 

What a farce. 

A disinterested owner who would probably want daft money to get rid. 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Truth is , Chansiri doesn’t care anymore , Bruce was his last throw of the dice 

He’s not been anywhere near since Monk was appointed, I think he may be going down the route of finding someone to run the club until FFP is sorted then he’ll sell , unless there’s a deal he can do swiftly 

This notion of he’s here to stay , and rules with an iron fist is bizarre , he’s literally been nowhere near for a long time 

Most of that may be true, but he was here at Christmas. Not that that will have made much difference to our fortunes.

15 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Wonder why she left as seemed to be doing ok

If dc thinks some mug is going to pay 100 million for a league 1 club as we could end up there,then the bloke is delusional 

It was probably when he told her someone had advised him to sell the ground in that years' accounts. She probably said you can't and I can't be a Director who's part of it - he probably said ok, there's the door.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Always looks so happy doesn’t he. 

My lad had a picture taken with him a couple of years ago, soon as he saw how miserable DC looked, the young ‘un he deleted it. 

If I'd lumped the best part of £150m (20% of his Dad's - the rich one - fortune) on getting Wednesday promoted only for us to be languishing mid table, with a points deduction likely to relegate us... I'd look pretty miserable too

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It’s ok saying he should sell, but I can’t see him selling for a realistic price. 

The fans should be doing everything possible within the law, and common decency (i.e. no personal abuse at him and his family) to force him to sell for a reasonable price to a credible buyer. 

It doesn't work like though does it - look at Man U and the Glazers in 2009/10. They protested, wore Newton Heath scarves, but didn't change owt. Some even left to follow United of Manchester FC.

They're still protesting now - will it change owt?

In the end, DC will either have to sell for financial reasons at a discount, and write off most of his investment or his family will step in. The current ongoing debt levels and on/off the pitch situation is unsustainable for him (and us).

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

It doesn't work like though does it - look at Man U and the Glazers in 2009/10. They protested, wore Newton Heath scarves, but didn't change owt. Some even left to follow United of Manchester FC.

They're still protesting now - will it change owt?

In the end, DC will either have to sell for financial reasons at a discount, and write off most of his investment or his family will step in. The current ongoing debt levels and on/off the pitch situation is unsustainable for him (and us).

His family won’t step in 

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If I'd lumped the best part of £150m (20% of his Dad's - the rich one - fortune) on getting Wednesday promoted only for us to be languishing mid table, with a points deduction likely to relegate us... I'd look pretty miserable too

Ahhh, but what if the picture was taken just before the Huddersfield play off semi ? 

I just think smiling isn’t in his nature. But if you’re representing a  large organisation, it wouldn’t hurt would it.

54 minutes ago, 0114 said:

For the life of me can’t understand why he doesn’t hire a CEO. 

Let someone experienced run the club. Top to bottoms. Tell them your plans, how much you wish to spend and let that person run the club! I promise you we will be better in 5 years letting a proper football person run this club properly on and off the field. For some reason he wants his say on everything. 

He’s got an assistant...

D529C38B-1037-4381-AEF3-4B23CF0CECFB.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

Does make you wonder whether the saving of a few hundred grand a season by not having a proper Chief Exec running the show for him has really been worth it!

It’s not the money for him. He’s a control freak. 

don’t think he’s capable of changing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

@Mr Farrell you seem to feel your the big important man .... why don’t you make your voice heard ?  Or you just gonna stay behind your keyboard complaining that nobody’s doing anything to get rid of the owner 

@Royal_D do you dictate your posts?

just wondered how you manage to clap & type at the same time. 

• Haha 6