Where is the owner?

8 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Unpopular opinion I know as I dont see the point in venting my spleen over someone who has ploughed money into the club and rightly has expected more from his money from his manager appointments. 

Do you think running a club is just a matter of ‘ploughing’ money in and appointing a manager? Nothing to to do with structure, planning, strategy, a good CEO, a good scouting setup, an effective Board? The things that all successful clubs have but our absentee dimwit has never put in place.

2 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Do you think running a club is just a matter of ‘ploughing’ money in and appointing a manager? Nothing to to do with structure, planning, strategy, a good CEO, a good scouting setup, an effective Board? The things that all successful clubs have but our absentee dimwit has never put in place

I'm asking what hasn't he done. 

I'm wondering what the "structure" is currently and what you think it should be. Likewise scouting setup likewise board setup.

Presumably you've judged our scouting setup poo because we have poo players? Is that the basis of estimate?

2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I'm wondering what the "structure" is currently and what you think it should be. Likewise scouting setup likewise board setup.

Presumably you've judged our scouting setup poo because we have poo players? Is that the basis of estimate?

I would base that more on the fact that, unlike many other clubs, we never seem to sign players on the cheap with a significant resale value. That has hurt the club more than anything. Clubs can operate within the confines of P & S and still remain competitive as long as they get this aspect of the transfer policy right. We are one of the worst operating clubs from the perspective of net transfer surplus. £150 million or so down the crapper and still the lack of a coherent transfer policy hangs like a dirty, smelly fart around the club.

7 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I'm wondering what the "structure" is currently and what you think it should be. Likewise scouting setup likewise board setup

Chansiri, pictured here with our extensive scouting network (please disregard gentleman front left)

1966927412_image(2).jpg.71c3b1b731cbac8a2ddb5dcd866faef9.jpg

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I would base that more on the fact that, unlike many other clubs, we never seem to sign players on the cheap with a significant resale value. That has hurt the club more than anything. Clubs can operate within the confines of P & S and still remain competitive as long as they get this aspect of the transfer policy right. We are one of the worst operating clubs from the perspective of net transfer surplus. £150 million or so down the crapper and still the lack of a coherent transfer policy hangs like a dirty, smelly fart around the club.

Is that, singularly, the failure of a scouting network or perhaps the manager wanted players that came with a price tag? Is it really that black and white?

I agree we dont appear to have a coherent vision of how we want to play and therein we dont have a supporting transfer policy but again.. is that not anything to do with the manager or shall we lay it all at chansiris feet?

12 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

on what other basis could you make the conclusion

• Haha 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

on what other basis could you make the conclusion

I wouldnt because I dont know who the hell makes decisions in the club on recruitment. I dont know how many scouts we have I dont know what on earth goes on behind closed doors. 

The only conclusion I would make is that, assuming the manager gets the final say, it isn't working. Because we're thoroughly poo .

22 hours ago, james o connor said:

Hopefully offloading the club . I always knew from day one he would ruin the club , doesn’t make it any better now it’s actually happening .

in other news , snap up your derby county tickets starting from £36 on the kop . Bargain ! Thanks chairman clueless 

The high prices have to be there though thats an offset, perhaps even and oversight of FFP, you have to raise income in order to spend, and fans are the income.. Tv money is a fixed amount each year more or less, a single club cannot influence that, commercially clubs can do a few things but ticket prices are always going to go up in order to be competitive

Edited by keepitsteel89

1 minute ago, Spondon Owl said:

Is that, singularly, the failure of a scouting network or perhaps the manager wanted players that came with a price tag? Is it really that black and white?

I agree we dont appear to have a coherent vision of how we want to play and therein we dont have a supporting transfer policy but again.. is that not anything to do with the manager or shall we lay it all at chansiris feet?

It is a strategic issue that needs to be dealt with at boardroom level but obviously with the input of the manager/coach. It is medium to long term planning and requires a vision. Then it is about recruiting the right people to execute the policy. But it absolutely should be administered by the top executive who, in our club is Chansiri.

Just now, Spondon Owl said:

I wouldnt because I dont know who the hell makes decisions in the club on recruitment. I dont know how many scouts we have I dont know what on earth goes on behind closed doors. 

The only conclusion I would make is that, assuming the manager gets the final say, it isn't working. Because we're thoroughly poo .

The manager has only had a say recently...he picked 3...Then dropped two of 'em on Saturday...

• Haha 1