Where is the owner?

43 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

We are now no further forward than when Chansiri came to the club, in fact we are worse off as we are stuck with big earners on contracts who are not performing, we are paying Premier League prices to watch absolute garbage on the pitch and we have been lumbering from embargo to embargo as we head towards the defining moment in our season as we go up against the EFL in our FFP dispute.

I don’t like saying any of the above, I have always given Chansiri the benefit of the doubt. He took us to within a whisker of the Premier League, he has put millions of his own money into the club and I believe he has always been well intentioned.

BUT recruitment and player turnover wise the club has clearly got a hell of a lot wrong and should we be hit with anything above a 9 point deduction, given our fixtures in March I firmly believe we will be back in the third division next season. 

We are going backwards as a club.

Problem with that is it all assume we would have stood still.

I’m pretty sure we’d have been circling the drain the past few years if MM hadn’t found a buyer or had managed to sell to Mammadov (like he wanted to remember)

Just now, Lombado said:

Now that’s a game I haven’t played for a while !!!

Well, I’m not playing it with you.

Unless you’re the one in the nurse’s uniform and have 44dd breasts lol

ps - Do we know who won Last Man Standing yet? It wasn’t me, thanks to a 92nd minute equaliser from Forest with their only shot of the game (their first goal was an OG). Never been lucky me. If I fell into a barrel of t1tts I’d come out sucking my thumb.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, paulrs said:

Was thinking of saying the same.

Questioning his suitability to lead the club is not a new phenomenon of course, but in our current state it’s entirely incumbent on our leader to be visible, supportive, determined, motivating.... 

The fact he is entirely the opposite just shows how unsuited he is to running this great club and he needs to get out fast or employ a team of qualified people to do it for him. But will he? I very much doubt it.

What the fuuuck have we done to deserve Richards, Allen and Chansiri all within 20 years?! :duntmatter:

being a former big club on a huge slide for the last 60 years, who couldn't solidify in the brief period when the going was good, would be a starter.

The longer DC stays the less likely our club will ever fully recover.

Where are all the new young football fans and sports fans new to the city going to go while we are utter toilet on and off the pitch, charge the earth to attend and the other club in Sheffield are the new darlings of the Premier league, looking odds on to play European football next season. 

I have a 3 year old son who I imagined taking to Hillsborough for the first time in a year or so but I don't think I can do it to him. I feel completely disengaged from the club. 

1 hour ago, bazapeps said:

When you’ve got fans posting utter garbage like this it makes you just want to give up

i’ve been posting about DC on them Wednesday sing’ for donkeys. But get an absolute battering if I say owt negative about our supreme leader. A large proportion of our fan base are utterly clueless and/or deluded 

Why is it garbage? Is it factually incorrect?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

He’s got an assistant...

D529C38B-1037-4381-AEF3-4B23CF0CECFB.jpeg

"Assistant" in that context could mean absolutely anything. Maybe a Thai national studying at a Sheffield university that has done some translation work for DC trying to shoehorn it into his/her CV.? One connection and a pretty blank profile on LinkedIn would give rise to doubts about his/her professional status.

59 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Or chucking some money at it

Yes Nige I agree ! 

It seems lady fate has always been against us particularly in relation to the banning of the big boys. Liverpool banned from Europe so we had to share their ban and it cost us two forays onto the continent. Now the same thing happens to Manchester City and it offers an opening to our cousins over at S2.

We do have possibly a little common cause that could be exploited here. Maybe Mr Chansiri  should organise a business lunch with Sheik Mansour with an agenda that is welcoming towards investors rather than their vilification and protectionism toward the Real and Barca Cabal ! 

8 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Yes Nige I agree ! 

It seems lady fate has always been against us particularly in relation to the banning of the big boys. Liverpool banned from Europe so we had to share their ban and it cost us two forays onto the continent. Now the same thing happens to Manchester City and it offers an opening to our cousins over at S2.

We do have possibly a little common cause that could be exploited here. Maybe Mr Chansiri  should organise a business lunch with Sheik Mansour with an agenda that is welcoming towards investors rather than their vilification and protectionism toward the Real and Barca Cabal ! 

Dave Allen took us from 15th in League One to 10th in Championship. Spent nothing

Milan Mandaric took us from 15th in League One to 9th in Championship. Cost us about £30m

Chansiri has taken us from 9th in Championship to 12th in Championship. Cost us £150m, a stadium and with a points deduction incoming

It's not about money. It's about the person spending it.

While your point is valid, we need to change the person spending the money. Can't see that happening

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Dave Allen took us from 15th in League One to 10th in Championship. Spent nothing

Milan Mandaric took us from 15th in League One to 9th in Championship. Cost us about £30m

Chansiri has taken us from 9th in Championship to 12th in Championship. Cost us £150m, a stadium and with a points deduction incoming

Too true, a strategist with modest funding is far more likely to be successful than a gambler with loads of money.

2 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

The longer DC stays the less likely our club will ever fully recover.

Where are all the new young football fans and sports fans new to the city going to go while we are utter toilet on and off the pitch, charge the earth to attend and the other club in Sheffield are the new darlings of the Premier league, looking odds on to play European football next season. 

I have a 3 year old son who I imagined taking to Hillsborough for the first time in a year or so but I don't think I can do it to him. I feel completely disengaged from the club. 

Know exactly how you fell , The club is losing its soul .

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

While your point is valid, we need to change the person spending the money. Can't see that happening

A certain amount of sympathy to the guy entering the Lions den. He was shaken by the hand in order to be grabbed by the throat a very dangerous time when there are gangsters on the periphery of the game. Lots of (A few) good people were around at the time but were shunned.  

2 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

How very apt that they've got Anon at the end of their name. 

I suspect this person doesn't really exist, like D Taxis

He exists. It’s the ninja guy that appeared on some photos a while back. Always wondered who he was

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

"Assistant" in that context could mean absolutely anything. Maybe a Thai national studying at a Sheffield university that has done some translation work for DC trying to shoehorn it into his/her CV.? One connection and a pretty blank profile on LinkedIn would give rise to doubts about his/her professional status.

He runs a small import business Chapter 2TWO. They supply branded SWFC goods for the shop. Key rings, caps and the like