Jump to content

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

Based on how sparingly he used him towards the end of the season, I'm assuming Monk would love to move Rhodes on.

 

He's entering the final year of his contract now, so I think I'm right in saying that amortisation shouldn't hamper us in letting him go on a free if a similar offer to Norwich's comes in this summer?

Agree, I'd say the same for Reach (also entering the last year of his contract). Neither could get in a poor, threadbare post lockdown squad, and when they did get on the pitch, may as well not have bothered.

 

Neither has much transfer value, but both taking a good wage for minimal/no contribution.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Well Monk was saying last week he didn’t know if KL and Atdhe were coming or going. They are surely the two easiest deals to do. It worried me then. We are now at least a week on and still nothing. 

With the Lee and Nuhiu deals it's probably more a case of waiting to see if other targets in their positions start coming in. We don't want to panic too soon, sign them and take up wages we can then no longer use on fresh faces. Obviously we can't leave it too long but perhaps they're seeing if other deals progress before committing to those two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

Based on how sparingly he used him towards the end of the season, I'm assuming Monk would love to move Rhodes on.

 

He's entering the final year of his contract now, so I think I'm right in saying that amortisation shouldn't hamper us in letting him go on a free if a similar offer to Norwich's comes in this summer?

Yes, but better still, why not approach would be suitors with the offer of a swap deal That way he has a value. All clubs are exploring that avenue as money becomes tight, even the bigger clubs We can’t just sit there hoping an offer comes in, sometimes you have to plant the seed

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, but better still, why not approach would be suitors with the offer of a swap deal That way he has a value. All clubs are exploring that avenue as money becomes tight, even the bigger clubs We can’t just sit there hoping an offer comes in, sometimes you have to plant the seed

Issue will be wages for both of them

 

Clubs will be looking to reduce and not take on 35k per week

 

Best we can hope for us subsided loan 

Link to post
Share on other sites

News in the local paper down here, that Reading and Oxford are tracking Hearts right back, and former Sheffield Wednesday player, Sean Clare. Is he playing right back now, when’re I watched him for Hearts, he was always playing in midfield

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

WBA want to move Burke and Zohore on.


That’s no way to talk about his missus :ph34r:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So it’s a month and a week until the season starts and there have been barely any transfers for teams in the Championship. Granted the play off final just finished, but still given a very quick turn around, I am surprised that very little has been finalized for a bunch of teams. Obviously we have a big rebuild on the cards but I am surely thinking “haven’t other teams got players to sign also?”.

 

I’m surprised that Fox and Fletcher haven’t moved on yet to new teams, but I am wondering if it is a case of them feeling devalued after decent seasons and probably lesser wages offered and then maybe finding out that there isn’t quite the market out there for bumper contracts at the moment. It’s all incredibly strange

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Owl Rly said:

So it’s a month and a week until the season starts and there have been barely any transfers for teams in the Championship. Granted the play off final just finished, but still given a very quick turn around, I am surprised that very little has been finalized for a bunch of teams. Obviously we have a big rebuild on the cards but I am surely thinking “haven’t other teams got players to sign also?”.

 

I’m surprised that Fox and Fletcher haven’t moved on yet to new teams, but I am wondering if it is a case of them feeling devalued after decent seasons and probably lesser wages offered and then maybe finding out that there isn’t quite the market out there for bumper contracts at the moment. It’s all incredibly strange

Admittedly a different scenario this closed season, but usual to have a couple of weeks where very little happens, while players, managers etc have their holidays. 

 

Most teams back for pre season mid August, so expect it to start getting busier towards the end of next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Owl Rly said:

So it’s a month and a week until the season starts and there have been barely any transfers for teams in the Championship. Granted the play off final just finished, but still given a very quick turn around, I am surprised that very little has been finalized for a bunch of teams. Obviously we have a big rebuild on the cards but I am surely thinking “haven’t other teams got players to sign also?”.

 

I’m surprised that Fox and Fletcher haven’t moved on yet to new teams, but I am wondering if it is a case of them feeling devalued after decent seasons and probably lesser wages offered and then maybe finding out that there isn’t quite the market out there for bumper contracts at the moment. It’s all incredibly strange

Hardly any players or club officials in the country it's holiday season

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Well Monk was saying last week he didn’t know if KL and Atdhe were coming or going. They are surely the two easiest deals to do. It worried me then. We are now at least a week on and still nothing. 

Maybe it's down to the players not willing to take a significant cut in salary. It's early days yet. TBF they need to consider their options, if this is the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Transfer window closes on 5th of October for international transfers and October 16th domestically. It’s not going to properly get going for a while yet

 

Maybe not for other clubs, but those starting on -12 should probably get cracking.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TaffOwl said:

Thought he had gone to Norwich.B4C96297-2321-4FF3-B70B-CB57605849E8.jpeg


Apart from his name it looks like they’ve got everything else wrong.  He’s 18 not 19, he’s been sold not loaned, he’s gone to Norwich not SWFC.  Maybe stay off that twitter page in future 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember him:

Sean Clare, who can play at full-back or in midfield, could leave Hearts following their relegation to the Scottish Championship.

The 23-year-old is wanted by Oxford this summer. Karl Robinson’s side are looking to bounce back from their League One Play-Off final defeat to Wycombe Wanderers by bringing in some signings over the coming weeks to ensure they are well equipped to make another promotion push next season.

Clare moved to Scotland two years ago to join Hearts and still has a year left on his contract with the Edinburgh side. He has made 70 appearances for them since his switch there and has chipped in with 12 goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...