Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Possible off the field issues. Not really a Parkinson player 

That could explain it, as I’ve always thought he’d be a good fit for Sunderland Guess you don’t know what goes on behind the scenes

5 hours ago, modboy said:

Keiffer Moore off to Cardiff? Would have liked him here as a replacement for nuhiu 

I think Nuhiu will be the replacement for Nuhiu.

We could look at Callum Morton at West Brom. Was on loan at Northampton last season and is a livewire young striker and a menace for defenders. No chance of getting in the West Brom side in the Premier League and would be a low risk season long loan. 

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Charlie Chuck said:

We could look at Callum Morton at West Brom...

While we are at it can we get Oliver Burke too? Surplus to requirements there and back from his loan in Spain. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, djorkaeff said:

Hit and miss, absolutely. 

the top 8 academies have a network of scouting across the country, so all the best kids end up there. 

when Huddersfield closed their academy they explained that Man City had more scouts in Huddersfield than Huddersfield. 

same for Brentford. 

that’s right for here too.  My lad is with Man City. You see more Man City scouts at junior games than all the local teams put together.  

As a parent they take you to there training centre and there’s no competition.  The coaching and facilities and a million miles in front of anything Wednesday could do.  

I bleed blue and white and so does my lad.  But there’s no way I’d let him leave to go to Wednesday.  

That’s the issue.  They are hoovering up all the young talent and other clubs just can’t compete.  

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Savo said:

that’s right for here too.  My lad is with Man City. You see more Man City scouts at junior games than all the local teams put together.  

As a parent they take you to there training centre and there’s no competition.  The coaching and facilities and a million miles in front of anything Wednesday could do.  

I bleed blue and white and so does my lad.  But there’s no way I’d let him leave to go to Wednesday.  

That’s the issue.  They are hoovering up all the young talent and other clubs just can’t compete.  

That’s the reality of it. You want the best for your kid. The option of learning your trade in the hope of improving and playing for City whilst training in the best facilities with the best youngsters around. That versus plying your trade at Wednesday who don’t have a glowing list of players recently graduated from their academy.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

That’s the reality of it. You want the best for your kid. The option of learning your trade in the hope of improving and playing for City whilst training in the best facilities with the best youngsters around. That versus plying your trade at Wednesday who don’t have a glowing list of players recently graduated from their academy.

Similar situation in Sheffield.....my nieces lad has been approached by both Wednesday and utd , and despite the lad being Wednesday mad she said the difference in approach was huge and they would be daft not to pick the dark side.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Similar situation in Sheffield.....my nieces lad has been approached by both Wednesday and utd , and despite the lad being Wednesday mad she said the difference in approach was huge and they would be daft not to pick the dark side.

Ive heard similar. Seems our club is getting massively left behind in more ways than one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Both Utd and Barnsley have produced better players through their academes than us, shame really. 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

55 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Ive heard similar. Seems our club is getting massively left behind in more ways than one. 

51 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Both Utd and Barnsley have produced better players through their academes than us, shame really. 

Reputation goes a long way. 

• Like 3

The sooner we get these deals across the line, the better Seems to be a lot of negativity towards us in the media Bad press seems to stick in people’s minds, so maybe if we can pull off a surprise transfer, that might refocus their minds

Half a dozen championship clubs are trailing Izzy Brown. The young Chelsea midfielder was on loan to Luton last season Wonder if we are one of them?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Half a dozen championship clubs are trailing Izzy Brown. The young Chelsea midfielder was on loan to Luton last season Wonder if we are one of them?

Good player, but doesn't score enough & injury-prone. 

28 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

You mean Rodolph Austin? 

Think he might mean South African player Bongani Zungu who we were linked with a couple of years ago.

It was said back then he wouldn't qualify for a work permit, but he must do now as Rangers look set to sign him 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hope so, he looked a decent player everytime I saw him

Need to get some signings sorted ASAP. Time to bed in with the squad so we can start from the very first game of the season as strong as possible, especially since we are playing catch up with everyone else and will already be on the back foot. 

Edited by WalthamOwl