theowlsman

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

How many were saying that about 11 months ago when he desperately wanted the Wednesday job?

There wasn't too many, I seem to recall. 

I was very much in favour of bringing in Rowett after Bruce left.

I have the posts to prove it.  Got plenty of negs for it too.

But yes, lots of posters on here were very dismissive and critical of Rowett’s track record.  They seem to have gone very quite on talking about the bloke for some reason 😆

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

This is a serious attempt to upgrade our U23s

Maybe Edinburghowl can bring us up to speed Isn’t he supposed to be one of the hottest talents in Scotland Oh, there is the small matter of Bayern Munich also being interested

Little chance of this I feel with the teams that are interested but the one sell we could offer is he would go straight into the starting XI. 

Would be a top signing 

Edited by edinburghowl
  • Like 1

Watched Hickey make his senior debut in the Scottish Cup final against Celtic and he was arguably the best player on the pitch, his composure was unbelievable. He'd be a brilliant signing, but no chance he'll end up here.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Little chance of this I feel with the teams that are interested but the one sell we could offer is he would go straight into the starting XI.

Straight into the starting XI and then straight into League One next year.

The kid would probably rather sign with any of the other possible suitors than us.  Not going to happen.

56 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

That's got to be the way forward. Better recruitment; bringing in young players, selling them on for a profit and steadily progressing on and off the pitch. 

I could have quoted a few of the posts regarding this....

Bringing in young players that need to time to settle given the deduction isn't too clever. I'm all for it in general but find it assuming the 'need an experienced goalie' but fill the outfield with young lads thing that is going on....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Straight into the starting XI and then straight into League One next year.

The kid would probably rather sign with any of the other possible suitors than us.  Not going to happen.

Will offer same as I offered another poster £500 bet for a charity we won't get relegated next season

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Will offer same as I offered another poster £500 bet for a charity we won't get relegated next season

No thanks.  I’d feel bad for you.

Does betting large sums of money mean your opinion is more important or something?

Edited by Westfield Owl

3 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

No thanks.  I’d feel bad taking money off a fellow owl.

Does betting large sums of money mean your opinion is more important or something?

Charity is the winner and your confident we will be relegated or you post crap and won't back it up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Charity is the winner and your confident we will be relegated or you post crap and won't back it up

9B672176-17F3-402D-AE60-FDF205D912B1.gif

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Embarrassing post.

Now take your daft childish bet and get lost.  Or debate the topic without making personal attacks, your choice.

Just now, Westfield Owl said:

Embarrassing post.

Now take your daft childish bet and get lost.  Or debate the topic without making personal attacks, your choice.

Bottle gone

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Bottle gone

Your making a fool of yourself.

Please stop spamming the thread.

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Bottle gone

BD6021C9-00AD-4426-9241-AC50846BB806.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Your making a fool of yourself.

Please stop spamming the thread.

It’s actually quite refreshing to read a supporter, supporting their team rather than a million and one snide league one posts. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

It’s actually quite refreshing to read a supporter, supporting their team rather than a million and one snide league one posts. 

Call me old fashioned but I come on here to discuss my club, not to have charity bet challenges.  That’s not refreshing to me, I find it weird.

Back on topic now?

49 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

I was very much in favour of bringing in Rowett after Bruce left.

I have the posts to prove it.  Got plenty of negs for it too.

But yes, lots of posters on here were very dismissive and critical of Rowett’s track record.  They seem to have gone very quite on talking about the bloke for some reason 😆

I was keen for us to get him in too. But I was pleased with Monk too given what he’d done at Birmingham and Leeds

Posted (edited)

There is no chance we will get Hickey, but as I said before we should look at Souttar from Hearts who would fit perfectly in our 3 man back line and would certainly improve it. 

And as I noted in FREE Agents topic, there were fair few people left surprised as Celtic let Liam Burt leave for Free. Suposed to be ecellent prospects and is linked with Barnsley. 

Edited by malek

38 minutes ago, 2soon said:

I could have quoted a few of the posts regarding this....

Bringing in young players that need to time to settle given the deduction isn't too clever. I'm all for it in general but find it assuming the 'need an experienced goalie' but fill the outfield with young lads thing that is going on....

Both our keepers will be very experienced compared to the babes we are in for. I hope we bring in one or 2 decent older players who will teach them how to play in the Championship. All young inexperienced players isn't necessarily a great idea.

We could do with a very experienced spine and plenty of young fit enthusiastic talented players around them. The youngsters do seem to have talent though which is a major step forward.

Once we get past next season the pressure will be off somewhat. I'd say half a dozen quality young signings this season plus a few older ones. By next season this years signings will have found their feet and we can bring in more and let some experienced players go. Year on year replacement of older players with young vibrant players. A few sales of youngsters for good money along the way and we will be set up for the future.

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Weren’t we linked with Turnbull at Motherwell before he got injured?

We were, but he turned us down to sign with Celtic, but that fell through. 

Still expect him to sign with them. 

• Like 1