theowlsman

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We probably need to bring in 8 players and hope they are of the right quality and fit the missing pieces in the jigsaw and hope they all hit the ground running immediately as well as turning a negative culture into a positive one fighting a 12 point deduction.

Its an almighty task. Im fearing the worst next season. 

You can already feel the ready made excuses stacking up

Might as well close the thread now. Nobody else will want to join us whilst we have a 12 point reduction hanging over us plus various legal challenges from other clubs that might still result in our relegation this season.

But I say this still feeling bitter from last night’s outcome.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You can already feel the ready made excuses stacking up

Indeed. An overhaul was already a difficult task given financial constraints, but there's no denying recruitment just got even harder following the verdict. The timing has screwed us, in that regard. 

The only solution is a complete overhaul behind the scenes. Go and get Paul Cook and let him bring in his own backdown staff. Then try and find a director of football that he would approve of. 

If we stick with the current regime we will be relegated. 

14 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We probably need to bring in 8 players and hope they are of the right quality and fit the missing pieces in the jigsaw and hope they all hit the ground running immediately as well as turning a negative culture into a positive one fighting a 12 point deduction.

Its an almighty task. Im fearing the worst next season. 

This

I’d take League One all day if it meant we started on a level playing field and rebuilt. A lot of the players we have already are League One standard so I think we’d be able to compete. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Might as well close the thread now. Nobody else will want to join us whilst we have a 12 point reduction hanging over us plus various legal challenges from other clubs that might still result in our relegation this season.

But I say this still feeling bitter from last night’s outcome.

I’m not so sure you know. Everyone is banging on about getting young, hungry players from the lower leagues...well they’d surely want the chance to play in the championship than remain in league one or below. They’d get paid more and still a chance to remain in the championship. If we fail they end up back in league one where they would have been anyway. Yes we will struggle to attract the top championship players but we would have struggled to convince them to come here before the points deduction. Loan players won’t lose out, they won’t get relegated, still play championship football.

I honestly believe recruitment won’t be as bad as we might think. We’re just a bit lower in the pecking order now (we weren’t that high anyway!). 

Edited by CF_Owl
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Indeed. An overhaul was already a difficult task given financial constraints, but there's no denying recruitment just got even harder following the verdict. The timing has screwed us, in that regard. 

Well you know my thoughts on how difficult this sort of rebuild would be. It’s possible that we can still add energy, and quality to the group, by bringing in young Premier League loan players. As long as we can satisfy those Premier League clubs, that their youngsters will be getting game time, and playing the right brand of football, the points deduction won’t be a deterrent We still retain a fair bit of experience, but we will need to find a leader though. Also, it would be wishful thinking that we could rely on a group of young inexperienced strikers, so we might need to an older head for that department

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This

I’d take League One all day if it meant we started on a level playing field and rebuilt. A lot of the players we have already are League One standard so I think we’d be able to compete. 

If there were to be litigation brought by clubs against the EFL, and we were to be relegated this season (2019-2020), it could take months for a result. This means we would not be able to build a squad for league one, and more than likely get relegated to league 2.

2 minutes ago, CF_Owl said:

I’m not so sure you know. Everyone is banging on about getting young, hungry players from the lower leagues...well they’d surely want the chance to play in the championship than remain in league one or below. They’d get paid more and still a chance to remain in the championship. If we fail they end up back in league one where they would have been anyway. Yes we will struggle to attract the top championship players but we would have struggled to convince them to come here before the points deduction. Loan players won’t lose out, they won’t get relegated, still play championship football.

I honestly think recruitment won’t be as bad as we might initially thought. We’re just a bit lower in the pecking order now (we weren’t that high anyway!). 

I’m still bitter though

lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This

We could rebuild in either league if we recruit properly. 

You just know it’s not going to happen though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Well you know my thoughts on how difficult this sort of rebuild would be. It’s possible that we can still add energy, and quality to the group, by bringing in young Premier League loan players. As long as we can satisfy those Premier League clubs, that their youngsters will be getting game time, and playing the right brand of football, the points deduction won’t be a deterrent We still retain a fair bit of experience, but we will need to find a leader though. Also, it would be wishful thinking that we could rely on a group of young inexperienced strikers, so we might need to an older head for that department

You say that, but Chelsea pulled Gallagher from a relegation battle at Charlton and placed him at Swansea for a promotion push. So, whichever end of the table we're battling may well affect the destination of such loanees. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

You say that, but Chelsea pulled Gallagher from a relegation battle at Charlton and placed him at Swansea for a promotion push. So, whichever end of the table we're battling may well affect the destination of such loanees. 

True, but I think a more important factor will be the style that we play

RELAX people, we are in a better position than most Clubs, we have a brilliant leader in Mr Chansiri who is doing a 

great job, we've got rid of a lot of home boys not fit for the job, we have a Manager who has managed in the Premier

League, we are rebuilding a more combative team, we have money to spend, (just bought a Premier league player)

everything is rosy in our garden, whats not to like.

WAWAW UTO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

True, but I think a more important factor will be the style that we play

Playing time and being part of a good team. That’s what prem clubs want for their loanees to experience. It just got harder to assemble a good team. Naive to believe it hasn’t. Many will turn their noses up at joining a likely relegation battle. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Playing time and being part of a good team. That’s what prem clubs want for their loanees to experience. It just got harder to assemble a good team. Naive to believe it hasn’t. Many will turn their noses up at joining a likely relegation battle. 

Yes I think it’s a factor, but what gives me heart, is that Wigan were able to secure the services of James and Robinson, despite probably being one of the promotion favourites

Just now, gurujuan said:

Yes I think it’s a factor, but what gives me heart, is that Wigan were able to secure the services of James and Robinson, despite probably being one of the promotion favourites

But they weren’t starting on -12. Also, breaching ffp usually results in a transfer embargo. Are we now under one again? However you slice it, this verdict - and the timing of it - has damaged our rebuild. 

• Like 1

Just now, wilyfox said:

But they weren’t starting on -12. Also, breaching ffp usually results in a transfer embargo. Are we now under one again? However you slice it, this verdict - and the timing of it - has damaged our rebuild. 

I was wondering that

56 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

exactly this. 

Troy Parrott signs for Millwall. Wouldn’t have minded him here. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Troy Parrott signs for Millwall. Wouldn’t have minded him here. 

On top of securing Ryan Woods for another season , good business by Rowett..........ah well.

Edited by sheriwozgod
  • Like 1