Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

32 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Exactly this. Might be looking at recruiting a younger type of player, but if were gonna get good young loans we need to play a better style of football, which our current "manaager" doesnt do. Lee Johnson at Bristol used to do full on power point presentations on why they should send there player on loan and how he would fit into there team and style and how it would develop them.... can you imagine we do anything like that ???

Can you prove we don't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, westy365owl said:

who was it on here that said they had been watching the PL2 games ? Whoever it was what was your opinion  on OTASOWIE at wolves he looks like another iorfa and they looking at loaning him out for season 

He looks like another Iorfa?Very stereotypical thing to say. He plays midfield for a start.

Just now, Swiss Toni said:

He looks like another Iorfa?Very stereotypical thing to say. He plays midfield for a start.

Not really as he started at rb and played center half also young tall and got a turn of pace so yes like another Iorfa can hardly say he looks like another lees or bannan can I?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Exactly this. Might be looking at recruiting a younger type of player, but if were gonna get good young loans we need to play a better style of football, which our current "manaager" doesnt do. Lee Johnson at Bristol used to do full on power point presentations on why they should send there player on loan and how he would fit into there team and style and how it would develop them.... can you imagine we do anything like that ???

Do you know that we don't?

It will soon become clear the intent of the club and manager based on the sort of signings we make.

On 28/07/2020 at 23:56, beswetherick said:

They got off to a poor start but they do have a decent manager and some pretty good players. Their form over the last 25 games would have them in 4th — our form over the same amount of time would have us in 22nd

Our form in the first part of the season had us in third

We have good players too

I believe our loss of confidence resulted from the EFL and their mishandling of the FFP issue

I'm not saying we would have finished third 

I just get tired of seeing Wednesdayites using any stick they can to beat our club with, and I reacted to your glass half full appraisal of our season

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

This is why it I was an owner I would move the training base to somewhere extremely desirable where lots of players want to live. Train in London play in Sheffield. 

Plenty of open space around our neck of the woods (40 minutes away from the ground) to build a state of the art training ground, with an airport on the doorstep too.

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Plenty of open space around our neck of the woods (40 minutes away from the ground) to build a state of the art training ground, with an airport on the doorstep too.

Yes Bannan and Borner could take Alex Hunt to the wildlife park lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Training ground wise we definitely feel like a team stuck in the 80's when it appears that the biggest improvement to it in the past few years has been the introduction of a new couple of porta cabins 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Seems he’s quite rated by the City staff, and central defence isn’t one of their strongest areas Supposedly a classy ball playing central defender Right sided I believe 

I was led to believe we were interested in taking his former City youth team centre back partner Ed Francis on loan last close season, classy ball playing central defender, left sided. He moved on a permanent to Wolves in Jan '19 and whereas we were looking to do our business early in the window, NES wanted to take a look at him during preseason before making a decision on whether to loan him out or keep him around at Wolves to get some first team exposure. In the end he went on loan to Grasshopper Zurich in Feb, and we all know what happened soon after that! 

Pretty sure it was Bruce that was interested last year and not Monk so doubt it's one we'd be looking to revisit this time around. *can't have been Monk because he came in when season was well under way.

Edited by eugene

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Our form in the first part of the season had us in third

We have good players too

I believe our loss of confidence resulted from the EFL and their mishandling of the FFP issue

I'm not saying we would have finished third 

I just get tired of seeing Wednesdayites using any stick they can to beat our club with, and I reacted to your glass half full appraisal of our season

I agree that we do have some good players — not enough of them, but we do have a few... and hopefully we’ll have a few more by the time the season starts. I’ve made my feelings about Monk very clear but I’ll happily be proved wrong... if he’s successful here then it means we’ll be successful, and that’s what we all want

Norwich have continued their busy transfer window with now tying up the transfer of Kieren Dowell in my opinion a very good signing - shown over the last few season is a good championship quality midfielder with goals in him too. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Norwich have continued their busy transfer window with now tying up the transfer of Kieren Dowell in my opinion a very good signing - shown over the last few season is a good championship quality midfielder with goals in him too. 

He may be Cantwell's replacement.