Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

42 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

That's the one. I knew he was out on loan somewhere. Thanks

Those two full backs Wigan borrowed, were two of the best loan signings in the championship that year, along with our own Hector. If we indeed go with wing backs next season, I’d like us to take a similar approach, and bring that sort of quality in on loan If Wigan can tempt big clubs to lend them their promising youngsters, than surely we can

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Looks like Spurs might be loaning a couple of their promising stars out to Championship clubs in Oliver Skipp to Fulham and Troy Parrott to Millwall. Reading that Spurs are wanting to keep them in the capital if they can.

Hopefully we can bring in a couple of players of a similar ilk into the club to boost numbers. I know we were linked to James Garner at United, not sure how much truth there is in that? Think Swansea are linked too and they have recent success in blooding a youngster in Rhian Brewster from Liverpool.

Capital clubs have a massive advantage re this.

Hence why we really should be linking up with the Manchester and Merseyside clubs more. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, modboy said:

Hence why we really should be linking up with the Manchester and Merseyside clubs more. 

Who are our nearest Premier League clubs?

8 hours ago, agentwalker said:

To be honest, if I was in charge of a prem club and I had s bunch of promising youngsters Wednesday would be the last place I'd send them.

Was interesting last night, the commentators were saying that Liverpool studied Swansea’s stats thoroughly before allowing Brewster to go there on loan. 

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Was interesting last night, the commentators were saying that Liverpool studied Swansea’s stats thoroughly before allowing Brewster to go there on loan. 

I think we’ll be confronted by quite a bit of that If we’re stuck with Monk, we need to get him to modify his style More like his Leeds, Swansea, rather than his Birmingham long ball sh@te

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I wrote before about an article with Dean Hammond who is a "loan manager" or what ever at Leicester. 

He told how much hard work goes into trying to fix player they think is ready to go out on loan with the right club when he will progress. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, malek said:

I wrote before about an article with Dean Hammond who is a "loan manager" or what ever at Leicester. 

He told how much hard work goes into trying to fix player they think is ready to go out on loan with the right club when he will progress. 

It’s interesting, we’ve always gone for the older players clubs don’t want, so I suppose little heed is paid to how their parent club sees their development. Or maybe, clubs don’t loan us their prodigious young talents, because our style of football is alien to what they’re trying to achieve

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s interesting, we’ve always gone for the older players clubs don’t want, so I suppose little heed is paid to how their parent club sees their development. Or maybe, clubs don’t loan us their prodigious young talents, because our style of football is alien to what they’re trying to achieve

Likes of City and Chelsea like to send their players to Erdevise clubs as they know they will play 'passing' football there. 

40 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Oh that's a problem then 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, modboy said:

This is why it I was an owner I would move the training base to somewhere extremely desirable where lots of players want to live. Train in London play in Sheffield. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

This is why it I was an owner I would move the training base to somewhere extremely desirable where lots of players want to live. Train in London play in Sheffield. 

Hmmm. Not a fan of that to be honest. May make some rational sense but feel it would be a further step of divorcing clubs from their communities/ fans.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I think we’ll be confronted by quite a bit of that If we’re stuck with Monk, we need to get him to modify his style More like his Leeds, Swansea, rather than his Birmingham long ball sh@te

Or sack him and bring in a proper manager !!!! Again Garry Monk is going to hinder us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, agentwalker said:

To be honest, if I was in charge of a prem club and I had s bunch of promising youngsters Wednesday would be the last place I'd send them.

Exactly this. Might be looking at recruiting a younger type of player, but if were gonna get good young loans we need to play a better style of football, which our current "manaager" doesnt do. Lee Johnson at Bristol used to do full on power point presentations on why they should send there player on loan and how he would fit into there team and style and how it would develop them.... can you imagine we do anything like that ???

12 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hmmm. Not a fan of that to be honest. May make some rational sense but feel it would be a further step of divorcing clubs from their communities/ fans.

I know it feels that way but they have been divorced from the fans for many years, lots of players drive in from all different bits of the country anyway, Jones used to live in Wales still when he was manager, so I say let's not lie to ourselves and just do the thing that will give us the best chance of success which is what we care about most of all