Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

I don’t know why the likes of Man City don’t send 4 or 5 players to the same club. They will settle in better and get used to playing alongside each other which can only help if they ever make it through the ranks. It all smells of feeder club and I can see that kind of thing developing over the next few years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Not sure if this has already ready been mentioned so apologies. But a close mate who knows bits and bobs says we’re in talks with another lad from City who was born in Donny - Joel Latibeaudiere, he’s been on loan at FC Twente this season. 

Common surname in Donny that. Can’t move for Laitbeaudieres in the Frenchgate Centre.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Common surname in Donny that. Can’t move for Laitbeaudieres in the Frenchgate Centre.

The club shop better get the letters stocked up for shirt printing if we get him as well as Dele-Bashiru.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, vulva said:

I don’t know why the likes of Man City don’t send 4 or 5 players to the same club. They will settle in better and get used to playing alongside each other which can only help if they ever make it through the ranks. It all smells of feeder club and I can see that kind of thing developing over the next few years. 

I’m not sure, but I don’t think you can take several players on loan from one club

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure, but I don’t think you can take several players on loan from one club

I did think that but wasn’t sure. It might be a rule as I’m surprised it hasn’t been done before. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

How many did Frank Lampard’s Derby have from Chelsea the season before this?

only 2 wasn’t it? Mount & Tomori

What's to stop us signing 5 man city players for 20k each and all 5 having a clause in their contract that says man city can buy back for 20k? I suspect watford will do similar over the summer with their sister clubs. 

Edited by oneeyedmilkman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

What's to stop us signing 5 man city players for 20k each and all 5 having a clause in their contract that says man city can buy back for 20k? I suspect watford will do similar over the summer with their sister clubs. 

I guarantee their will be a sell on fee I doubt they would have first buy back for a club like city

12 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

what if somebody other than City came in for them and the player refused to go back to City lol

15 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

what if somebody other than City came in for them and the player refused to go back to City lol

To a team other than man city the fee is 300 million or something outrageous. The player knows it's effectively a loan and both teams know it's a loan. It's just a way of getting around the max number of loans etc. Mandatory purchase at the end of the contract. At all times players contract terms stays the same as is. I'm sure any savvy football club would have the contract water tight and like I said the player knows it's a loan in effect. It's a bit of hassle but one team would get a number of their players playing competitive football together whilst the other would get a number of players which wouldnt impede their loan numbers. Requires a hell of a lot of collusion mind! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

To a team other than man city the fee is 300 million or something outrageous. The player knows it's effectively a loan and both teams know it's a loan. It's just a way of getting around the max number of loans etc. Mandatory purchase at the end of the contract. At all times players contract terms stays the same as is. I'm sure any savvy football club would have the contract water tight and like I said the player knows it's a loan in effect. It's a bit of hassle but one team would get a number of their players playing competitive football together whilst the other would get a number of players which wouldnt impede their loan numbers. Requires a hell of a lot of collusion mind! 

And City can add bringing the game into disrepute to there list of charges.

Looks like Spurs might be loaning a couple of their promising stars out to Championship clubs in Oliver Skipp to Fulham and Troy Parrott to Millwall. Reading that Spurs are wanting to keep them in the capital if they can.

Hopefully we can bring in a couple of players of a similar ilk into the club to boost numbers. I know we were linked to James Garner at United, not sure how much truth there is in that? Think Swansea are linked too and they have recent success in blooding a youngster in Rhian Brewster from Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

Looks like Spurs might be loaning a couple of their promising stars out to Championship clubs in Oliver Skipp to Fulham and Troy Parrott to Millwall. Reading that Spurs are wanting to keep them in the capital if they can.

Hopefully we can bring in a couple of players of a similar ilk into the club to boost numbers. I know we were linked to James Garner at United, not sure how much truth there is in that? Think Swansea are linked too and they have recent success in blooding a youngster in Rhian Brewster from Liverpool.

To be honest, if I was in charge of a prem club and I had s bunch of promising youngsters Wednesday would be the last place I'd send them.

• Like 9