Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
20 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Good point, they still got promoted that season tho without Madine’s influence so we can just piggy back the sensible signings he makes 

He also spent 4mil on Greg Cunningham. That's 10mil squandered on two players. Oops :blush:

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

500k. Got to be worth the risk.

Stop it! The idea of two young, mobile, commanding CB’s is farcical. Can you imagine us, filling our squad with young powerful players full with potential and upside? That approach would never work!

Let’s try instead to get Ayala (great player btw) in the tail end of his career and pay him more for a last year or so of his career than this lad costs in transfer and salary.  That’s the Wednesday way! Then he’ll do his back, hip or something. We’ll run down his contract and breath sighs of relief at his release. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this has already ready been mentioned so apologies. But a close mate who knows bits and bobs says we’re in talks with another lad from City who was born in Donny - Joel Latibeaudiere, he’s been on loan at FC Twente this season. 

15 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Not sure if this has already ready been mentioned so apologies. But a close mate who knows bits and bobs says we’re in talks with another lad from City who was born in Donny - Joel Latibeaudiere, he’s been on loan at FC Twente this season. 

This lad captained the England U17’s to there World Cup win in 2017,  sees himself as a centre half but believe he can play all across the back four aswell 

Is he out of contract ?

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

This lad captained the England U17’s to there World Cup win in 2017,  sees himself as a centre half but believe he can play all across the back four aswell 

Is he out of contract ?

2021 according to google. 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Is he out of contract ?

1 year left on his contract apparently.

Just now, striker said:

2021 according to google. 

Fair enough , Loan deal then 

Definitely be nice to have someone who can play both full back positions

We definitely have to prioritise other positions before centre half, but a few of these comments on ayala are a little harsh. A natural leader with a liverpool education and a career of 30+ games a season in the prem or champ, decent age and wont exactly lose much pace in the next few years, not that that's his game anyway. This is the sort of experience we need to supplement a fresher, younger cohort of player. Wages and how much we have to spread across a lot of new recruits could be quite a snag though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

We definitely have to prioritise other positions before centre half, but a few of these comments on ayala are a little harsh. A natural leader with a liverpool education and a career of 30+ games a season in the prem or champ, decent age and wont exactly lose much pace in the next few years, not that that's his game anyway. This is the sort of experience we need to supplement a fresher, younger cohort of player. Wages and how much we have to spread across a lot of new recruits could be quite a snag though. 

You may have a point about his age, I hadn’t realised he was only 29. But it’s still coming towards the end of career territory and one last pay day. 

As for 30+ games, when checking his age I had a quick look at his career stats. Only 4/9 seasons is he in excess of 30 games. Not sure why, he’s a great player!

Just for me, it is the type of mistake we’ve made over and over in trying to buy ready made, proven players for high fees and high salaries. With the scale of rebuild needed bringing in anyone on 20k plus per week is a mistake I think. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

You may have a point about his age, I hadn’t realised he was only 29. But it’s still coming towards the end of career territory and one last pay day. 

As for 30+ games, when checking his age I had a quick look at his career stats. Only 4/9 seasons is he in excess of 30 games. Not sure why, he’s a great player!

Just for me, it is the type of mistake we’ve made over and over in trying to buy ready made, proven players for high fees and high salaries. With the scale of rebuild needed bringing in anyone on 20k plus per week is a mistake I think. 

After a bit of research (wikipedia) I just assumed he'd played far more than he has tbf. If we played 3 at the back, someone like him would marshall that back line and I think we'd see a lot less stupid mistakes, although truth be told I despise a back 3 with a passion. Definitely agree on the 20k a week comment, especially when we have 0 left backs and 0.2 strikers (approx). He'll get that from someone and it shouldnt really be us, so Garry it's a no on ayala! Who's the next candidate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Joel Latibeaudiere, he’s been on loan at FC Twente this season. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-youngster-joel-latibeaudiere-18392106

Sounds a grounded lad who hasn't developed as quickly as others from that successful England u17 team due to a serious injury. He wants championship football...

Edited by Fuzzy logics
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Fair enough , Loan deal then 

Definitely be nice to have someone who can play both full back positions

It’s a permanent deal.