Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

I think there is money in the pot FFP wise. EFL case around timing of sale, so if they win (and I dont think they will) that profit gets pushed forward a year?

I do think we need to continue to be shrewd in our recruitment, as we've started to be of late.

Invest what we have available in appreciating assets, players to develop and potentially sell, rather than depreciating assets, players on big wages approaching 30, with no resale value. 

Dont know much about him, but the lad Holland, seems to be indicative of this change in strategy, plus free transfers where available.

Edited by striker

1 hour ago, striker said:

Invest what we have available in appreciating assets, players to develop and potentially sell, rather than depreciating assets, players on big wages approaching 30, with no resale value.

This.

On 15/02/2020 at 15:56, theowlsman said:

Put your rumours in here. Departures and arrivals both acceptable.

Westwood to Huddersfield.

Or Leeds. They will pay his astronomical wages, assuming they are promoted. Their keeper seems dodgy as well.

Would get rid of: 

Pelupessy 

Hutchinson

Tom Lees 

Big Dave (pains me to say it) 

Kieran lee (as above) 

Westwood 
Foriesteri 

Wickham

Da cruz 

David Bates

Winall 

Would keep: 

Murphy

Windass 

Fletch

Fox

Would try and cash in on Bannan and Rhodes while we can, but will get fek all for rhodes. 

Despite what they were saying earlier in the week, I actually think we struggle in the keeper department. Dawson has been far too inconsistent and it amazes me why Wildsmith was never given a run. Looked composed against man city, albeit one game. 

4 hours ago, 0114 said:

They’ve linked us to a couple players (Sanderson at Wolves & Gomes at Doncaster) and if accurate it looks like we may be going down a different route and aiming for younger players.

Would much prefer ex Manchester and Sheffield United midfielder Ben Whiteman who in my opinion is one of  (if not the) best League One midfielders. One of few at that level I believe would be capable of playing in two man central midfield in The Championship. However, Doncaster already turned down bid of over 1m for him from Hull.

13 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I gave him a glowing report in the Josh Windass thread. Not sure he’s a winger, though he might be able to play there At Oxford, he’s an attacking midfield player, young and with the sort of skill level we should be looking at. F@ck £2m for Windass, Holland is a much better bet

Holland would be a good signing I agree. I still think if the moneys right, windass would still be a good signing. He’s found the net for a start, which seems to be a difficult for our midfielders in the past. 

If we could get both of these in permanently, for a reasonable price it would be a positive step forward. 

I’d also like us to make Murphy permanent, before the lockdown he started showing why he went for a reasonable amount of money in the first place. Was one of our shining lights in an otherwise dull turn of events. However I feel we might be priced out of that, then again if Newcastle get took over, it could move him further down the pecking order. 

As for the other loans, I can’t really justify any of them. 

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Would get rid of: 

Pelupessy 

Hutchinson

Tom Lees 

Big Dave (pains me to say it) 

Kieran lee (as above) 

Westwood 
Foriesteri 

Wickham

Da cruz 

David Bates

Winall 

Would keep: 

Murphy

Windass 

Fletch

Fox

Would try and cash in on Bannan and Rhodes while we can, but will get fek all for rhodes. 

Despite what they were saying earlier in the week, I actually think we struggle in the keeper department. Dawson has been far too inconsistent and it amazes me why Wildsmith was never given a run. Looked composed against man city, albeit one game. 

Keep Murphy and get rid of Bannan. Interesting  

2 hours ago, striker said:

I think there is money in the pot FFP wise. EFL case around timing of sale, so if they win (and I dont think they will) that profit gets pushed forward a year?

I do think we need to continue to be shrewd in our recruitment, as we've started to be of late.

Dont know much about him, but the lad Holland, seems to be indicative of this change in strategy, plus free transfers where available.

We have thankfully already changed strategy to a much more sustainable wage structure (hence not signing hector on 40k a week)

I think we’ve seen that with players signed and the move toward youth. So I expect that to continue and welcome unearthing bargains like Luongo and Iorfa.

I think we will need that quality and experience too though as we’ve seen with Fletcher and his influence. I don’t think we can make top six with younger players alone. 

6 hours ago, 0114 said:

£1m for Holland looks a bargain. It’s the sort of deal you see Brentford do and 12 months later he’s worth £10m plus.

They’ve linked us to a couple players (Sanderson at Wolves & Gomes at Doncaster) and if accurate it looks like we may be going down a different route and aiming for younger players.

not seen much of Gomes but Ben Whiteman looks decent despite his affiliation with the dark side 

On 28/02/2020 at 14:53, fudge27 said:

Woods, clucas and Campbell I'd take in a heartbeat. But they'll all cost a wedge and be on ££££. 

Keinan Davis and James Chester out of contract at Villa I see

I saw rumours that we tried to get Davis on loan this season.

There’s also a player at Sherewsbury attracting a lot of Championship interest. Josh Laurent, has done the rounds in the lower leagues but still young at 24, has the rangy build and has started getting goals this season. Played well vs Liverpool.

I hope we are one of the interested parties

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2020/01/10/shrewsbury-town-want-new-deal-for-josh-laurent-amid-interest/

13 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We have thankfully already changed strategy to a much more sustainable wage structure (hence not signing hector on 40k a week)

I think we’ve seen that with players signed and the move toward youth. So I expect that to continue and welcome unearthing bargains like Luongo and Iorfa.

I think we will need that quality and experience too though as we’ve seen with Fletcher and his influence. I don’t think we can make top six with younger players alone. 

Agree, we have some good experience already as a starting point.

Bannan, Fletcher (if he stays) senior players, Reach, Luongo, Harris, Palmer, Fox (if he signs), plus Windass if we keep him all mid/late 20's. 

Plenty of scope to add in some younger players without unbalancing the team.

I expect we'll be looking at the free transfer market in terms of experience and investing what we have in good development potential players. Iorfa probably the blueprint of what we'll be looking at in terms of player profile around other areas of the team. Attacking areas in particular need some serious work. 

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, we have some good experience already as a starting point.

Bannan, Fletcher (if he stays) senior players, Reach, Luongo, Harris, Palmer, Fox (if he signs), plus Windass if we keep him all mid/late 20's. 

Plenty of scope to add in some younger players without unbalancing the team.

I expect we'll be looking at the free transfer market in terms of experience and investing what we have in good development potential players. Iorfa probably the blueprint of what we'll be looking at in terms of player profile around other areas of the team. Attacking areas in particular need some serious work. 

Yeah, we have shown signs of being really shrewd and there has been methodologies to the signings of Luongo and Harris in terms of their stats, attributes and their availability. A big change to 2015 where we signed one team and then panicked and thankfully signed a better one Pudil, Forestieri, Hooper, Bannan all coming in later after Matias, Wiggins, Lachman etc

I think we will need experience and height at centre half which is something we have missed since Loovens. Would like Sam Morsy to add to Luongo as he is a leader. Build on a physical and solid base with a bit of nastiness with some of the younger energetic players playing off that. We’ve been too soft for a long time.