Jump to content
theowlsman

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

Think we should be in for Morsy, leader, fighter and probably Wigan’s player of the season. He’s 28 so no resale value, but would add a lot to the squad.

 

If we play with a 3 next season, he, luongo and Bannan would be a decent trio.

 

No resale value is our speciality.  Lump on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

Think we should be in for Morsy, leader, fighter and probably Wigan’s player of the season. He’s 28 so no resale value, but would add a lot to the squad.

 

If we play with a 3 next season, he, luongo and Bannan would be a decent trio.

 

Doesn't he play same role as a lad we just signed from City? Don't think that either of them would sign to be back up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really would like Woodrow from Barnsley

 

Still can't believe we released several million pounds worth of players on frees in the past 12 months. Criminal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

Think we should be in for Morsy, leader, fighter and probably Wigan’s player of the season. He’s 28 so no resale value, but would add a lot to the squad.

 

If we play with a 3 next season, he, luongo and Bannan would be a decent trio.

No resale value is part of our mantra. Perfect for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, malek said:

 

Doesn't he play same role as a lad we just signed from City? Don't think that either of them would sign to be back up. 


Yes but I’m not sure the city lad is ready for 46 games in the champ. Luongo doesn’t look like he can play 46 games, so we will need more in there, and he’s available, probably the best we can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boxing_day said:


Yes but I’m not sure the city lad is ready for 46 games in the champ. Luongo doesn’t look like he can play 46 games, so we will need more in there, and he’s available, probably the best we can get.

 

Morsey is a good player, but personally I would want us to continue to look at younger players, especially in midfield. Some interesting players got Released from Premiership academies such as Eathan Hamilton and Alex Denny. Still my first choice would be Callum Slattery if Southampton's could be persuaded to let him go. We need playmaker infront of our back 4 as we are struggling to play from the back under any notion of pressure on our back line and just can't afford to play Bannan in such a deep role. I'm convinced that Slattery would make us better passing side right away. With him, Bannan and good box to box midfielder we would be very strong in center of the pitch and have strong "spine" to build around. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're going to be spending money Adam Armstrong at Blackburn please.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, malek said:

 

Morsey is a good player, but personally I would want us to continue to look at younger players, especially in midfield. Some interesting players got Released from Premiership academies such as Eathan Hamilton and Alex Denny. Still my first choice would be Callum Slattery if Southampton's could be persuaded to let him go. We need playmaker infront of our back 4 as we are struggling to play from the back under any notion of pressure on our back line and just can't afford to play Bannan in such a deep role. I'm convinced that Slattery would make us better passing side right away. With him, Bannan and good box to box midfielder we would be very strong in center of the pitch and have strong "spine" to build around. 


I do agree on the youth part but it needs to be balanced. The lack of character in the side is a big concern for me, hence I think Morsy would be a decent signing. 
 

Also agree on Slattery, looks a real prospect but I think it would be loan, but certainly one worth going after. Not seen the other 2 play so couldn’t comment on them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Minton said:

If we're going to be spending money Adam Armstrong at Blackburn please.

In a close season with probably in the region of 1000 players out of contract I would be very surprised if we sign any players on frees.

 

There is so many good players we can bring in which will save us money.

 

Just think instead of wasting £2-3m on JVA we could have signed a player like Borner on a free which would you say is better business.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

In a close season with probably in the region of 1000 players out of contract I would be very surprised if we sign any players on fees.

 

There is so many good players we can bring in which will save us money.

 

Just think instead of wasting £2-3m on JVA we could have signed a player like Borner on a free which would you say is better business.

Bloody spell check:bullen:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, boxing_day said:


I do agree on the youth part but it needs to be balanced. The lack of character in the side is a big concern for me, hence I think Morsy would be a decent signing. 
 

Also agree on Slattery, looks a real prospect but I think it would be loan, but certainly one worth going after. Not seen the other 2 play so couldn’t comment on them.

 

I think there is a good chance that Slattery might chose regular football as 21 years old instead of waiting for chance at Southampton. Smallbone getting nod before him could be a sign that he doesn't have long term future there and that Southampton might be willing to let him go for afordable price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

In a close season with probably in the region of 1000 players out of contract I would be very surprised if we sign any players on frees.

 

There is so many good players we can bring in which will save us money.

 

Just think instead of wasting £2-3m on JVA we could have signed a player like Borner on a free which would you say is better business.

 

We're paying a fee for Dele-Bashiru, so I'm hopeful for a few £1-5m signings.

 

Saying that, Armstrong would probably be £6-10m and I'm fully aware that we probably won't spend anything close to that on a single player.

 

But a girl can dream right? :Chansiri:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We don't sign players from the darkside

We don't but why not. They are all mercenaries who play for whoever pays their wages. United are happy to take our cast offs, why shouldn't we take theirs.

 

It's petty restrictions like that which will sto us progressing.

 

If someone has been a lifelong United supporter I can see why we might not want them but just because a pro footballer happened to make an error of judgement once doesn't mean he's forever blighted.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, malek said:

 

Doesn't he play same role as a lad we just signed from City? Don't think that either of them would sign to be back up. 


Don’t think you tell anyone they are signed to be back up. It’s up to the individual to fight for a place.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, prowl said:

We don't but why not. They are all mercenaries who play for whoever pays their wages. United are happy to take our cast offs, why shouldn't we take theirs.

 

It's petty restrictions like that which will sto us progressing.

 

If someone has been a lifelong United supporter I can see why we might not want them but just because a pro footballer happened to make an error of judgement once doesn't mean he's forever blighted.

 

 

Its irrational certainly, but a nice tradition which should be maintained. Just because.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boxing_day said:

Think we should be in for Morsy, leader, fighter and probably Wigan’s player of the season. He’s 28 so no resale value, but would add a lot to the squad.

 

If we play with a 3 next season, he, luongo and Bannan would be a decent trio.


Been saying this since last summer when we were linked. Might be difficult to get him out though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, modboy said:

Really would like Woodrow from Barnsley

 

Still can't believe we released several million pounds worth of players on frees in the past 12 months. Criminal. 


Would be a good option had they gone down. I wonder if we will look at someone like Moore or Lowe from Wigan or Bonne at Charlton

Edited by Bluesteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If not mistake, Preston already put in bid for Moore. 

Edited by malek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...