Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

I don't disagree that a fresher look is required.

My point is, if we just bring in players fitting the "young" "potential resale value" tags, we could find ourselves creating an environment in which these sort of players just cannot flourish. 

I'd imagine we'll be looking to bring in 7-8 players this summer. We could achieve a much younger, vibrant looking squad, whilst ensuring we bring in some experience in also. Three players who have been there and done it, and four or five players that fit a similar mould to the kid from Man City that looks to be on his way.

Agreed. Although I think Monk said he would need some experience too.

The balance would be the likes of Goode at Northampton who is young but also their captain. Just as we got Luongo (qpr captain) and I think Borner was one too.

49 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

We made Swansea look ordinary that first half at theirs ? Took our chances we’d av been out of sight? That’s wot makes this division so hard to get out? Just consistently needed and you there or thereabouts? Hopefully some young fresh legs and a couple of wise heads might give us at least a better season than this last one 

What a difference getting Brewster on loan made. 

Brentford look to bottle it two weeks ago when they could’ve taken charge. Now you’d half expect Swansea to have a good chance of going up after barely expecting to make 6th!

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Agreed. Although I think Monk said he would need some experience too.

The balance would be the likes of Goode at Northampton who is young but also their captain. Just as we got Luongo (qpr captain) and I think Borner was one too.

Bit like route Wilder went down. Signed lower league captains n best players in team. Worked well for him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Bit like route Wilder went down. Signed lower league captains n best players in team. Worked well for him. 

It did. But then Stoke tried it with a few and it was too much. Same at Ipswich.

Wilder got the nucleus going in league one and went from there. If we stand a chance we need some championship quality too.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It did. But then Stoke tried it with a few and it was too much. Same at Ipswich.

Wilder got the nucleus going in league one and went from there. If we stand a chance we need some championship quality too.

Agreed, that’s why I always said, it would be easier to do the rebuild in League One. Of course I didn’t want that, but in terms of bedding in those lower league players, it might have been easier

3 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Cameron Coce released by Cardiff, now being scouted by Man City.

called into a recent Wales squad, RB

we should be looking at him

*Coxe.  Bizarre isn’t it, linked with Cheltenham town, and Man City...

Will be interesting what level he ends up  

9 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

Think we should be in for Morsy, leader, fighter and probably Wigan’s player of the season. He’s 28 so no resale value, but would add a lot to the squad.

If we play with a 3 next season, he, luongo and Bannan would be a decent trio.

No resale value is our speciality.  Lump on.

14 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

Think we should be in for Morsy, leader, fighter and probably Wigan’s player of the season. He’s 28 so no resale value, but would add a lot to the squad.

If we play with a 3 next season, he, luongo and Bannan would be a decent trio.

Doesn't he play same role as a lad we just signed from City? Don't think that either of them would sign to be back up.