Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Windass, Kachunga, Paterson, Marriott, Zohore, Gregory.

Starting to wonder if we are operating under an embargo, we wouldn't ordinarily sign these kind of players.  Most of them can't even get  in there underperforming  parent club.

Good grief.

We’re rock bottom on minus points, no matchday revenue, during a global pandemic.

What do you expect? 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Got to be some outgoings surely? 

Seeing as we have been linked with Zohore, Gregory and now Marriott. You’ve got to assume we will be signing 2 strikers tomorrow.

Then on top of that, we have Patterson, Windass and Kachunga who Monk has been using as strikers and Jordan Rhodes who is our only recognised out and out striker. Maybe Rhodes could move?

Who knows. Be interesting to see what the team looks like at 5pm tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Starting to wonder if we are operating under an embargo, we wouldn't ordinarily sign these kind of players.  Most of them can't even get  in there underperforming  parent club.

Good grief.

Is this another fishing thread? 😄

• Like 1

For all those moaning about the players we are been linked with I’ve yet to read a single realistic alternative from them, not a single one. It’s easy to carp and moan but not so easy to find the solutions though is it?

Edited by swfc1983
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

When at the bottom of the pile you get wot you can? Unfortunately points deduction will scare a lot of players away not to mention their agents ? Marriott I’d take above Gregory? Least he different to wot we got ? Still think xohore will arrive tomorrow? Prob both 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Good grief.

Go on then, name me one realistic forward we should sign before tomorrow from your scouting file?

5 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

For all those moaning about the players we are been linked with I’ve yet to read a single realistic alternative from them, not a single one. It’s easy to carp and moan but not so easy to find the solutions though is it?

Tricky that one, because if people are happy with all those we’ve been linked with, to them, anyone better won’t be considered realistic. 

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Well if we don’t sign a striker in the next 24 hours we might as well sack Beattie, he only has Rhodes to coach and we all know he won’t be playing

Sack the recruitment team as well, give Monk the brief and let Beattie look after the 1st team in the morning whilst Monk is ringing up a few contacts.

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So are you saying they are realistic forwards? Who are going to keep us up?

For the position we find ourselves in they are about as realistic as we can hope for I would think, can they can keep us up? I don’t know that for sure and neither do you. It’s either a case of stick with what we have or add what we can and go for it. Which would you rather do?? 

Still waiting for a name of the forward you think we should be signing by the way.

Edited by swfc1983

7 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Going into league one with a salary cap in place is not the same as being able to build a team like they did. Anyone thinking a backward step to league one is a good thing is mistaken. We can take stock but it needs to be in this league 

Your opinion mate, I don't think we've got the raw talent or potential to take stock without the drop.

Take stock meaning...allow game time for youth and sell Bannan or Iorfa etc..

Chansiri will be stuck in protecting his asset mode and will do anything to avoid the drop, understandable. 

At the same time, we'll be failing to build for league 1.