Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

14 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

100% this, 2 players with championship experience, both with near enough 1 in 4 at this level, both bring more than just goals I struggle to think of realistic signings we could make instead? I'd be happy with both signings if I'm honest

Think some posters just use any opportunity to be negative about the club/manager and expect us to sign the next big thing.

We aren't the only ones in this position, look at who Derby have been linked with, added to the deduction I think Zohore and Gregory would be great business

If there were loads available and moving to other clubs whilst we were sat twiddling our thumbs then I could understand the dismay but this market is about as limited as it can be at the minute, beggars can’t be choosers.

Edited by swfc1983
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

If there were loads available and moving to other clubs whilst we were sat twiddling our thumbs then I could understand the dismay but this market is about as limited as it can be at the minute, beggars can’t be choosers.

But replacing old players, with worse old players can't be the way to go, surely?

• Like 3

BBC Sport are reporting that Derby County are leading the race to sign Liverpool midfielder Harry Wilson on loan for the rest of the season. 

Wilson was targeted by a number of Premier League clubs before the international transfer window closed.

Deals between Premier League and English Football League clubs can be completed until 17:00 BST on Friday.

Swansea have had a offer rejected, Blackburn have pulled out of the race, and a number of other Championship clubs remain interested including Nottingham Forest and Cardiff City but the Rams are believed to be the front runners to re-sign their former loan star. 

39 minutes ago, prowl said:

He was good when he was here. For the right money I'd take him but that goes for a lot of players.

Injured for quite a bit of his loan wasn’t he? Did nothing while on loan at Wycombe last season and struggled to get in their team. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Gregory is an experienced championship player and probably within our limited budget .. . ..its easy to say let's get better but not so easy to do when cant pay the big fees and wages .

Honestly, he’s crap, if we could bid £1m for Leko, and can offer to meet half or Zohore’s wages, we can certainly afford better than Gregory

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

But replacing old players, with worse old players can't be the way to go, surely?

But you can only sign what’s available that’s kind of my point. We don’t have the money to go and take other team best players. We can no longer go and get a gamble from the foreign market so us, Derby and whoever else wants a striker are all fishing from the same pool, unfortunately it’s full of goldfish.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

must have missed Stoke being relegated. You do realise when a player plays in the same league they aren’t classed as a lower league striker? Thank God we have people like you to keep us up to date. Thanks Kev. 

He’s too busy at the training ground to know anything about football!

10 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

But you can only sign what’s available that’s kind of my point. We don’t have the money to go and take other team best players. We can no longer go and get a gamble from the foreign market so us, Derby and whoever else wants a striker are all fishing from the same pool, unfortunately it’s full of goldfish.

I agree the pool isn't great, but sticking our rod in and pulling at a broken trolley doesn't mean we have to keep it, I'd rather throw it back in.

Nottingham Forest are close to agreeing a loan deal for Fulham winger Anthony Knockaert, Football Insider understands.

This site revealed on Monday that the Cottagers had knocked back the Championship side’s initial offer for the 28-year-old but Forest led by his former boss Chris Hughton, have returned with an improved bid which is expected to be accepted.

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Nottingham Forest are close to agreeing a loan deal for Fulham winger Anthony Knockaert, Football Insider understands.

This site revealed on Monday that the Cottagers had knocked back the Championship side’s initial offer for the 28-year-old but Forest led by his former boss Chris Hughton, have returned with an improved bid which is expected to be accepted.

very good player at this level. 

• Like 1