Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

56 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Do you really think he knows nothing of the transfer activity at the club? Genuine question not having a pop. It would be bizzare even by our standards if there was no communication between chair and manager. 

I don’t really know. A lot of the questions he gets asked are answered by it’s in the hands of the club. Who’s the club? We don’t have a CEO or DoF. Is it the Chairman, Paixao, the recruitment team?

I’ll be honest it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t know anything that’s going on as there doesn’t seem to be any chain of communication from the outside looking in?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Plonk said:

We don’t need squad players we need a bloody good striker

I think we need both. 

Zohore is clearly our number 1 target. If he signs it looks like him and Patterson will be the main 2.

But after that I still think we short. Gregory won’t be a bad option. 

Grrrrr, take the dog out for a couple of hours and I come back to this Seriously, if there’s any truth in this, we need to get Monk out of our club right now. He’s on a friggin mission to take us down. 
He was only thwarted by the incompetence of the EFL last time around, this time he’s looking to make sure it happens. Paterson, Flint and now Gregory? 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Grrrrr, take the dog out for a couple of hours and I come back to this Seriously, if there’s any truth in this, we need to get Monk out of our club right now. He’s on a friggin mission to take us down. 
He was only thwarted by the incompetence of the EFL last time around, this time he’s looking to make sure it happens. Paterson, Flint and now Gregory? 

Or you are deluded 

I’m struggling to understand who some of you guys think we should be signin?, Zohore - no good, Gregory -crap...if it looks like we are scraping the barrel it’s because we are. Unless Man City suddenly decide to let Aguero out on loan who are you wanting us to get?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I’m struggling to understand who some of you guys think we should be signin?, Zohore - no good, Gregory -crap...if it looks like we are scraping the barrel it’s because we are. Unless Man City suddenly decide to let Aguero out on loan who are you wanting us to get?

Not sure he is fully fit at the moment, it's a no from me.

4 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Newcastle United appear to be working to find a way to offload Rolando Aarons before  Friday’s deadline passes, with the Daily Mail reporting that the Magpies have held talks with Huddersfield Town over a potential move.

He was good when he was here. For the right money I'd take him but that goes for a lot of players.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

100% this, 2 players with championship experience, both with near enough 1 in 4 at this level, both bring more than just goals I struggle to think of realistic signings we could make instead? I'd be happy with both signings if I'm honest

Think some posters just use any opportunity to be negative about the club/manager and expect us to sign the next big thing.

We aren't the only ones in this position, look at who Derby have been linked with, added to the deduction I think Zohore and Gregory would be great business

• Like 2