Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

52 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Something needs to happen, to get the club back on track. The window started OK, but has got progressively worse A bit like Monk’s tenure. 

Really hope we can sign a proper LB/LWB as well as a striker with pace. Would like Abraham from Newport. Although if I am honest, I have no idea what type of striker he is or if he has pace. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gizowl said:

Just think we've been very prudent with our transfer business lately but I don't think Zahore has that hunger to come just for the football alone or the enthusiasm that recent signings have shown, it's more of I'll come if the moneys right and we've had enough of those. 

Curious how you have come the arrive at thinking that hasn’t the hunger or enthusiasm 

or is it that he’s not seen pushing a deal, through turning up at the training ground, wearing a wednesday scarf, or instagrams of him Confessing his love for the club 

11 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Really hope we can sign a proper LB/LWB as well as a striker with pace. Would like Abraham from Newport. Although if I am honest, I have no idea what type of striker he is or if he has pace. 

A few championship clubs looking to loan Danny Rose A local lad, he’d sort our left wing back problems out. Boro are favourites, so it seems

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A few championship clubs looking to loan Danny Rose A local lad, he’d sort our left wing back problems out. Boro are favourites, so it seems

I'd take Rose, if he dropped his wages. 

Like you say. He's from Donny, and would hope that would have pulling power if we were interested and more importantly if he was. If I was him I would just be happy to be playing football after being frozen out at Spurs. 

51 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Get Austin in quick and Wickham back...then 2 of 

Patterson/Wickham/Austin up

Front with Windass/Brown in behind,Kachunga n Harris out wide.......

If them lot couldnt score enough to keep us up then oooouch...

Get it sorted Atty,have word son....UTO....WAWAWAW

Doubt Wickham would improve us now. Since his injuries he seems to have slowed even more. Not heard of any other teams looking at him either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Dunkley had pins removed from leg less than two weeks ago,this was said by Monk and he added hoped to start training with team in a week or so.. Training he could have done with pins in leg is limited. The images of him kicking ball I think were publicity shot when first signed. When you look at team training videos of which their have been quite a few can you find him on any of them? I looked and could not see him. He has not yet played for U/23s at this point which indicates still few weeks away..

He hasn't played an u23s game but he as been training with the first team since day one

1 hour ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Get Austin in quick and Wickham back...then 2 of 

Patterson/Wickham/Austin up

Front with Windass/Brown in behind,Kachunga n Harris out wide.......

If them lot couldnt score enough to keep us up then oooouch...

Get it sorted Atty,have word son....UTO....WAWAWAW

If we can’t strike a deal for Zohore who is said to be on £50k a week, we certainly won’t be looking at Austin who is on £70k a week according to the Midlands press.....

14 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

If we can’t strike a deal for Zohore who is said to be on £50k a week, we certainly won’t be looking at Austin who is on £70k a week according to the Midlands press.....

What more depressing is when we got quoted that he was on £50k about 6-8 weeks ago, we should have binned him off and look to bring in players we could afford, but in true Owls fashion we only have one target, we have left it until the last minute and will end up paying a fortune for a player who did worse than Nuihu last season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Something needs to happen, to get the club back on track. The window started OK, but has got progressively worse A bit like Monk’s tenure. 

You no nothing about what is happening on the transfer front like everybody  else! You just name players and make it sound so easy. 

Of course its all the managers fault etc, without any evidence whatsoever of wtf is happening.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

You no nothing about what is happening on the transfer front like everybody  else! You just name players and make it sound so easy. 

Of course its all the managers fault etc, without any evidence whatsoever of wtf is happening.

“know” I know what I see, and a window that started off so promisingly, has rather fallen away of late What I don’t know of course, is who we will sign before the window closes, or how difficult it may or may not be Neither do you

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Hopefully, Reach can solve our problems at LWB with Penney as a good backup.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Hopefully, Reach can solve our problems at LWB with Penney as a good backup.

I wouldn’t say Penney was a good anything yet. Shows decent bits n pieces then goes missing. Dumped back in the 23s now. Needs to play like he knows this is his last chance. No consistency whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I wouldn’t say Penney was a good anything yet. Shows decent bits n pieces then goes missing. Dumped back in the 23s now. Needs to play like he knows this is his last chance. No consistency whatsoever. 

and yet still better than Reach in that particular role None of the options we’ve tried at left wing back have been successful, with perhaps Palmer the best of the lot

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

and yet still better than Reach in that particular role None of the options we’ve tried at left wing back have been successful, with perhaps Palmer the best of the lot

In what way is be better than Reach?

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Can we really say that?  He's only really played that position twice as far as I can remember.  He had one game there at the end of last season but his form all season had been pretty poor and he's only had one game there this season in which we almost kept a clean sheet.